Imperfection and Incompletion

Yours Truly

Minjun didn't consider himself a trainer, but there were times when Wooyoung made so much mistakes in his singing, that the older boy felt the need to step in and put a stop to this menace. "YOUR VOICE IS TOO SOFT! Can't you sing a little louder?"

 

Wooyoung croaked back an annoyed remark, "My throat hurts. I've only just completed the dance competition yesterday. Why do I have to start voice practice so soon? I still have two more weeks."

 

"It's because you're no good." Minjun sneered, crossing his arms. "I can do ten times better than you in my sleep."

 

"I'm not a trained singer like you. You can't expect me to pass with flying colours on the first round."

 

"Just do it better this time." Minjun hissed back, getting pretty annoyed himself. He didn't like imperfections. And if he ever saw one, he was always capable of perfecting it immediately, but this boy...no matter how much he scolded and yelled, Wooyoung sounded worser than before. At this rate, the boy might actually lose the whole goddamn competition. "You can't afford to lose this."

 

"And why not?" Wooyoung snapped.

 

There was a long sigh, before Minjun said, in his most patient tone, "It's because if you lose, then you'll have to leave. And you can't leave because you still have a contract with me, and if you break this contract......then you'll have to pay the price of six coats."

 

"SIX?! Since when did I agree to that? I was only supposed to work my off for one coat."

 

"Yes, but then it's always bad to leave a contract hanging halfway, isn't it? It creates a bad image on you, to be someone who can't stick to his promises. Plus, I can modify the contents of that contract whenever I want. After all, I'm the one who made it."

 

Wooyoung felt like hitting Minjun with the microphone in his hand. The only thing stopping him was the glass window between them, and probably the door too, though he could have just walked over and opened it.

 

"Now, back to the top." Minjun continued. "Don't mess up this time."

 

The younger boy gave it his all, and by the end of the day, he was physically and mentally exhausted. His stomach was grumbling fiercely, and his throat burned from all that voice lessons. At least, Minjun didn't seem so angry anymore. He wrapped up the set and dismissed Wooyoung for the day. There was still a lot of work he needed to do, starting with his own composition, but before that, he felt the need to look through all the copies of Wooyoung's voice once more. Maybe there was something he could do to improve that boy's singing abilities.

 

_______________________

 

Back at the dorm, Wooyoung dragged himself in and instead of returning to his room, he accidentally stumbled into the wrong room and fell asleep on the sleeping beast below. Taecyeon woke up immediately after a lifesized weight suddenly landed on him. Wooyoung was too tired to bother about the sudden elevation in the height of his bed, or the fact that it was moving under him.

 

He snored off to sleep, and Taecyeon had to scoot over to the side a little before repositioning Wooyoung on his bed properly. Why did he come home so late? Taecyeon thought. He also wondered where Wooyoung had been. The boy was gone since morning. And even after he came home, Wooyoung was still not home. Then all the sudden he showed up in the middle of the night, fully clothed in the same outfit he wore this morning, and snoring off like a whale.

 

"Woobaby, are you okay?"

 

"Hmm...." came a muffled reply. Taecyeon left it at that. He got off his bed and quietly sneaked off to Wooyoung's room. There were plushies all over the boy's bed and he chuckled at the sight. He's still a kid. How adorable. Ignoring the sea of plushies on the bed, he made his way to the couch after that and slept there instead. It wasn't comfortable, but for the moment, it would do.

 

He made a mental note to talk to his dongsaeng tomorrow.

 

_____________________

 

When morning came, Taec woke up to a mug of steaming hot coffee waiting fpr him on the kitchen counter. There was a note beside it, written with a neat handwriting on a piece of white paper.

 

Hyung, I had to go somewhere this morning. Sorry I can't stick around today, but I'll make it up to you when I get back. Let's go out for dinner.

 

Woo-ee

 

P.S: I don't know how you usually take your coffee, but this is how I always take mine, with milk and two spoons of sugar. I hope you like it.

 

Taecyeon smiled despite feeling a little upset that he couldn't spend some time with his new dongsaeng. Eventhough it had only been three weeks since Wooyoung showed up, the boy had made his presence important in Taec's quite dorm. Coming home was a breath of freshly made cookies and warm smiles. Seeing Wooyoung in the kitchen made him feel like they were happily married, and it felt like Taec had known the boy for years.

 

Maybe it was Wooyoung's easygoing personality, or his undescribable cuteness. It could have also been his unbelievable cooking skills...

 

But Taec was starting to like Jang Wooyoung and his undying passion to dance. Yeah, he had seen the black-headed boy in his best during the audition two days back. It was nothing short of stunning and beautiful, to say the least. Wooyoung looked like he was born to be on stage, the way his body moved so fluidly against the hip hop music blaring around him.

 

For now, maybe it was the coffee, as he took a sip to savour the first taste. Sweet and creamy...just the way he usually takes his coffee, the way he could describe his dongsaeng after spending three weeks together. "Delicious." he thought. Simply delicious.

 

_____________________

 

I was 80% done with this chapter. And I took five minutes to finish it up. Off to work now. Sorry for the reallllllllyyyyyy looooooong update on this, guys.