Confusion

Yours Truly

Taecyeon honestly loves his occupation. It was always so thrilling, filled with heart-thumping excitement. Of course, it came with a price: the risk of suffering serious injuries. When he held weapons in his hands and fought against other stunt actors like him, those dangerous objects could suddenly slip at any given moment, and he could have been dead. Of course, company policies stated that any injuries suffered will be compensated. Still, who needs money when you're dead?

 

He was waiting for his turn at the filming site, not really paying attention to the drama unfolding before him anymore. Yeah, the guy kissed the girl, and the girl swooned. Typical love stories. It was always so predictable. To be truthful, the only thing Taecyeon ever got tired of his job was the story plot itself. But who was he to complain? Stunt actors are considered puppets to the eyes of the directors. They don't care what happens to Taec. Hiring another stunt actor was only another stack of won away.

 

Before long, there was a call for him, "You're up, Taec!" and he got down from his perch on the fence. They were filming outside a mall in Daegu, and it was already late evening.

 

The big guy casually walked up to the director. He was given his orders and then took his position.

 

"Ready? Action!" The clapboard was dropped, and the action began. Taecyeon naturally stepped up to his job, using instincts to maneuvre his moves, reflex to defend himself. The unexpected hits he gained on certain parts of the body he couldn't protect hurt badly, but he gritted his teeth and put on a show. The best way was to end it all in one shot, so then he wouldn't have to face the same pain again.

 

But things could go wrong, and at the end of the day, Taec would feel completely drained: struggling to remain upright. His muscles were sore, limping slightly from the ankle-twisting earlier, and hunger lurking just around the corner.  

 

As he packed up his belongings, ready to leave for Seoul, a message came in from Wooyoung. A smile formed on his face and he dropped everything to focus on the message.

 

Hyung, I'll wait for you!: read the first sentence.

 

"Is he being stupid? I told him not to wait." Taecyeon muttered, frowning at his phone.

 

I guess you'll be tired, so in case I fell asleep, there's some smoothies in the fridge. I made it for you.

 

The last part somehow made Taecyeon's insides churn in all direction. His sweet, adorable dongsaeng...he's getting attached to Wooyoung, and you don't need both eyes to see that. Whenever Wooyoung smiled, he automatically smiled too. He instantly turned soft at the sight of the younger boy. And whenever they talk, his eyes were only on him, all worries in the world forgotten immediately.

 

Taecyeon always looked forward to seeing Wooyoung again.

 

______________________

 

Miles away, Wooyoung was lying on the couch in the living room with all his plushies. He planned to stuff them all back into his room before Taecyeon comes home, but for the moment, it was nice to just lie about and relax. His mind kept dragging him back to the hours before. Kim Minjun asked him to meet at the same recording room Wooyoung found himself in.

 

And thinking it wasn't important, Wooyoung only went two hours later. He took his lunch first and did some stretching for an hour.

 

The nutjob was furious. The moment he slipped into the recording room, a large folder came flying in his direction. Wooyoung ducked reflexively, panic rising in his chest. He glanced at his attacker, and found Minjun glaring daggers at him. "You're late!" came an angry scolding.  Wooyoung stood up slowly, steadying his breath.

 

"I-I'm sorry." He stammered, not really sure what else to say. Should he give an excuse? No, that would make matters worse. Run away? The door was behind him. He could have just bolted, lose himself from Minjun's sight forever, but knowing they were in the same company didn't compensate his worries. So he stood very still and waited for the older gentleman to say something.

 

Minjun suddenly approached Wooyoung in large strides until they were only inches away, nose-to-nose. "Let me make this clear for you." He said coldly, ice dripping from every word. "I don't care who you are, and what you do. Your dance earlier was good, I admit that. But you seemed to have forgotten what you did to me yesterday."

 

Wooyoung's eyes widened with shock. So he wasn't forgiven after all. Minjun was only waiting for the right time to punish him. He bit his lips and waited for what was to come.

 

Minjun suddenly scooted closer and pinned his hands against the boy's shoulders, making Wooyoung jolt in fear. He placed his mouth closely to Wooyoung's ears and whispered, "So in return, I want you to do a favour for me, until I'm sure I could forgive you.Understand?"

 

Do...a favour? This was by far the scariest moment in Wooyoung's life. He had many other fears. Crowds, for instant. The thought of being shoved and squashed between a throng of people didn't sit well with his stomach. It was suffocating. But he found ways to distract himself: either by looking down at his feet or thinking happy irrelevant thoughts. But this...this was something he could not avoid. Minjun had him pinned against the wall with no where else to run. Imprisoned in his place. And it didn't make him feel any better not knowing what the favour could be. .

 

Minjun narrowed his eyebrows when Wooyoung remained silent, not really paying him any attention. He was angry, yes, but not truly mad at the boy. The words just came out rowdier and his voice higher than he intended to. Yet, thinking that Wooyoung wasn't paying anymore attention oiled the fire inside him even more. "Yah...are you even listening to me? I said, do you understand?!" Minjun repeated, raising his voice a little.

 

The strings had been pulled an inch too far and Wooyoung couldn't contain the bile rising up his throat anymore. Without warning, he heaved and emptied out the contents in his stomach: the lunch he ate earlier, along with this morning's breakfast. What a mess it caused. Unfortunately, Minjun didn't manage to get away on time, so vomit covered his expensive cashmere coat, and ran down to his Italian leather shoes: all gifts from his fans.

 

The smell was undoubtedly the worst. At least the mess could be cleaned up, but the smell might probably linger around longer than it should. Minjun wasn't even sure if he should shout at the boy, or hit him instead. He was about to do both, but when he saw big fat tears flowing down Wooyoung's face, and the slight tremble on the boy's body, he stopped, suddenly unsure again He had never made a person cry before. At least, not within his knowledge.

 

"Y-yah..." He called out softly, hoping to make Wooyoung stop.

 

"I-I'm sorry..." came a choked reply. There was a gut-twisting pull in Minjun's stomach, and it unnerved him. It was different from the time he made his ex-girlfriend cry. She cried fake tears and he couldn't feel guilty when he felt like tearing a man's guts out. The man she cheated with, that is. This was different. Wooyoung may have poked a nose in his business but he expected a breakup anyway. Basically the boy did nothing so horribly wrong. He just wanted the attention; using the breakup as a reason.  

 

"H-hey, I'm sorry too." He ignored the awful smell lingering around them now, penetrating his nose until he had to hold his breath. "Please stop crying."

 

Wooyoung's sobs eventually mellowed down. And Minjun felt relieved. "S-sorry." The boy muttered, not meeting his gaze. "I'm so sorry."

 

"It's fine.Look, I can wash my clothes. You don't have to feel bad  But I think it's best you go back home first. I need to....clean up." Minjun said, scrunching his face in an annoyed expression and luckily, Wooyoung didn't see that. "Meet me here again tomorrow. Same time. And don't be late."

 

Wooyoung simply nodded in return before leaving the recording room with more weight on his shoulders. Minjun only realized that he had still not known Wooyoung's name after the boy had long left the room.

 

______________________

 

Taecyeon only arrived home by 2am. He saw light streaming through the slit under the front door and wondered if Wooyoung was still awake. Quietly, he unlocked the door and slipped in, and was surprised to see his dongsaeng lying on the sofa. The black-haired boy was definitely asleep, but all around him was a pool of plushies. Taecyeon tried not to jump the boy. This adorable little...."Wooyoung-ah...." came a controlled silent squeak. "Oh my gosh, I want.to.hug.you. And I don't care how cheesy I sound right now."

 

Wooyoung turned to his side, oblivious of Taec's constant girly rantings.

 

The big guy quietly tiptoed to his room and took a long shower. Once done, he donned his usual pajama pants and a black tank top before sneaking back to his dongsaeng in the living room. Setting out two mattresses in the middle, and dumping a couple of pillows on them, he carefully carried Wooyoung down on one of the mattresses next and took the other one. The plushies were arranged around them, encircling them in a sort of wall. There, Taecyeon slept peacefully, thinking that this was one of the best nights he had so far.

 

____________________