Loss for Words

Yours Truly

I can hear music. The sound is still very distant but it's clear nevertheless. Where is this melodious music coming from?

 

Wooyoung's eyes fluttered open the next moment and a picture of the real Kim Tae Hee gradually came into view, gorgeously dressed in an astounding maroon, strapless evening wear. She was smiling in the picture, revealing a set of perfectly white, and glistening teeth. She's beautiful, he thought. And those teeth reminds me of...

 

Taecyeon.

 

He needed to get back to the dorm fast. If Jin Young found out he hasn't returned yet, there's a good chance he might not compete ever again. He only wished Taecyeon hasn't said anything.

 

A presence in the room startled him. The music abruptly stopped and someone swore. Wooyoung used his elbows to hoist himself up, and there, sitting in an office chair just ten feet away was the same man in the same pinstripe coat he had followed. Wooyoung couldn't really see his face, just the back of his head. The man was too immersed in his music to notice Wooyoung.

 

The black-haired boy's first thought was, the room is obviously a recording studio, as he scanned his surrounding.

 

"Juhgiyo..." He called out slowly after a while, cathing the man's attention.

 

The man swung around in his chair to face Wooyoung instantly. "Ah, you're awake." He stated, not at all surprised---or angry, for that matter---to see Wooyoung. "You were asleep for quite some time. An hour, I think.

 

AN HOUR?! . "Ye...but can you tell me where I am?"

 

"You're in a recording studio.You fainted quite dramatically back there." He said, with one eyebrow raised, his lips curling up in a smirk. "I had to carry you all the way back here. But surprisingly, you're lighter than you look. I had to check behind me every few minutes to make sure I wasn't carrying a girl."

 

Wooyoung couldn't hide an embarassed smile then. He quickly bowed his head down, afraid to meet the stranger's face. But the deed had been done. He fainted with all the elegance of a chicken and caused this man, whom he owed an apology in the first place, to carry him all the way here, wherever here is. The man watched Wooyoung closely, as black-haired boy wondered what to say next. An apology ought to be the best thing right now.

 

"I'm sorry for causing you trouble." He didn't want to come up with excuses though, thinking how weak that would make him seem. 

 

And then he waited for the man to say something; ask him anything, but even after an eternity of silence, the man just kept quiet. When Wooyoung  tilted his head up a little to see what was wrong, the man had already gone back to his work, typing away on his computer. Wooyoung actually felt neglected. At the very least, make me feel like I'm forgiven, he hissed mentally. Ugh...this bastard.

 

"Juhgiyo...." He called out again. A pang of guilt engulfed him again, but this time a little stronger than before. First the girlfriend, and now this. What a day it turned out to be!

 

The man didn't turn around. Instead, he said: "If you're done, you should leave this place immediately. The president will maul you alive if he found out."

 

"P-president?" Wooyoung repeated, not quite sure what he meant.

 

"Jin-young hyung." The man said, still with his back facing Wooyoung. "He comes in here a lot to check on me."

 

Park Jin Young?! Wait...does that mean....? Oh.My.Gosh! I'm in the company's recording studio. B-but who is this....guy? Why is he in JYPE's recording studio? Is he someone famous? A singer? Composer? Hm...now that I've mentioned it, he does look somewhat familiar....where have I seen him before?

 

"Are you still here?" The man asked a split second later. Wooyoung flinched in return, realizing that in any moment, Jin Young could just appear without a sound. He quickly got up and excused himself, apologizing profusely one last time to the stranger before he made his way out. The corridor outside was not familiar to him, but at least he wasn't totally lost anymore. He found the elevator minutes later and took it down to the 5th floor, relieved to see Dorm Room 15 finally.

 

Heaving a deep sigh, he prayed Taecyeon wasn't angry with him. Since they've only known each other for over a week, there was no knowing what hidden characteristics his hyung possessed. Eventually, he bravely opened the door and stepped in.

 

______________________________

 

The moment Wooyoung stepped into the dorm that night Taecyeon's sudden appearance gave him a fright. He let out a soft yelp, reflexively using both his hands to shield his face as he fell back against the front door. The big guy stared at him in surprise and burst out into fits of laughter. "Yah...why are you so scared of me? I'm not going to eat you."

 

"I-I'm sorry." Wooyoung stammered, regaining his composure. He thought Taecyeon was really going to kill him. Probably chop him up into pieces after that before feeding him to the sharks. Not that any carnivorous creatures in the world would be interested in him. He was probably too tough a meat to chew on anyway. Pushing that thought aside, he continued, "Sorry for coming back so late."

 

It was already 10PM on the wall clock.

 

"It's okay, Wooyoung. I just came back too. Had a lot of work today." Taecyeon exhaled, smiling apologetically. "Anyway, how's your practice coming along?"

 

"I'm not sure. I still can't think of a song." Wooyoung frowned. He puffed his cheeks and walked past the big guy. After tossing his bag aside, he sinked down onto the couch and thought deeply about this. Taecyeon, on the other hand, went over to the fridge, and found a can of cold beer inside. He took it.

 

"Sorry I can't be much of a help lately. But I could suggest a good song. Do you like Ne-yo?" asked the big guy, before chugging down on his beer. He waited for Wooyoung to respond.

 

"Ne-yo?" The younger boy repeated. "I heard of him. Never really heard his music. I preferred Michael Jackson actually. But then, MJ's songs are...well, it's not as challenging anymore. I'm too used to it."

 

"You should give Ne-yo a try. I especially love 'One in a Million'." Taecyeon suggested, finishing off his beer. After chucking the empty can, he walked over to the TV area and found his dumbbells. Wooyoung watched in awe as the stunt actor began to pump his muscles. Each lift made the veins on his muscles pop. Those y chocolates abs hidden under that tight black tank top would probably make anyone's nose bleed. And if Wooyoung had not turned away on time, he could have gotten a hard-on too, right there, right then.

 

"I-I need a shower." He stuttered, getting up from the couch quickly. Taecyeon flashed a toothy smile and continued his exercise, while Wooyoung staggered to his room, feeling a blush creeping up to his cheeks. That was dangerous. That was way too dangerous. It was an odd sensation he felt. Not that he was swinging for the other team. He likes---no, loves---girls. But being attracted towards someone of the same could also be just a mere admiration for whatever that person has. Right? It could have been jealousy; to see Taecyeon possessing such a body. Wooyoung assured himself it was just jealousy.

 

Still, it left an odd tingly sensation to feel attracted towards a guy. Even if it is jealousy.

 

_________________________