By Your Side

My Foolish Heart

You woke up the next morning and stretched your arms out. You sat up in bed, only to realize you were only wearing a large t-shirt and your underwear. You quickly pulled the sheet up to cover yourself and looked around. You were definitely not in your apartment. As your eyes scanned the room, you found the man next to you. Byunghee was there, and shirtless. What had you done last night? You started shifting around to get out of bed, but Byunghee called your name.

“Where are you going?” He asked groggily. “Ugh, my head hurts. We shouldn’t have had so much to drink.” His voice was hoarse and you loved the sound of it. You tried to shake sense back into yourself.

“Byunghee oppa, what happened last night?” You stared at him, scared to hear the answer. “Did we, you know...”

“I don’t sleep with a girl that is that drunk. You should go shower. You can pick out some clothes to borrow from the closet. I’ll get breakfast going.” He climbed out of bed and you found him only in his boxers. You felt like you should look away, but you didn’t want to. He put on a pair of sweatpants and left the room. You got up, still looking around. You found the shorts you had been wearing yesterday and borrowed one of Byunghee’s button up shirts.

You showered, dressed, and went out to the kitchen. Byunghee was just finishing up with the food. His eyes glanced up at you as you came out, scanning your body. You noticed him try to keep his eyes off you. Apparently seeing you in his clothing had an affect on him. He cleared his throat.

“I’m going to go wash up.” You nodded as he walked back to his room. You ate quickly and washed your dishes. Since you were at Byunghee’s dorm, you felt a little awkward waiting around in the common area. You didn’t know his group members and meeting them right after they woke up in the morning would be uncomfortable.

You went into Byunghee’s room to find your cell phone. You didn’t have a single call or text from Kwangmin. Since he had been kissing your best friend on your couch, you figured he would’ve called when you didn’t go home. But apparently he was too busy with Jihyun to notice. You heard a noise and looked up to find Byunghee walking out from the bathroom in just a towel.

He froze when he saw you sitting on the bed and the two of you stared at each other. You couldn’t stop your eyes from scanning his body. He made a sound at the back of his throat and tried to speak.

“I..ugh...” You weren’t sure what came over you, but his speechlessness gave you courage. Maybe part of you had known something was wrong with you and Kwangmin for awhile now, because you didn’t feel bad for being so attracted to Byunghee. You stood and walked to him. He looked uncomfortable, but when you put a hand on the side of his face, you could see the desire in his eyes.

You leaned in and pressed your lips to his. It felt like it had when he had kissed you weeks ago. This time however, you didn’t restrain. You moved your tongue across his bottom lip and he took control of the kiss. Byunghee slide his tongue into your mouth and put his arms around your waist, pulling you close to him. You moved one hand up around his neck, your fingers playing with his hair. Your other hand rested on his bare chest.

When you pulled apart to breathe, you continued to stare at each other. You didn’t need, or want, to think. You only wanted Byunghee. You kissed him again, beckoning him backwards with you toward the bed. You laid down, pulling him to hover over you. He started kissing your neck, letting his hands roam your body. You started undoing the shirt you were wearing, getting impatient. To your surprise, Byunghee’s hand come up to stop you. You looked up into his eyes.

“Are you sure? I don’t want to do this if you’re only doing it to get even with Kwangmin. Do you actually have feelings for me?” His eyes were dark, but they searched yours for the answers to his questions.

“Oppa, I’m not doing this because of Kwangmin. I want to be with you.” That was all the motivation Byunghee needed.

----------------------

When Byunghee rolled off of you and onto his back, you couldn’t help but turn to cuddle into his side. You rested your head on his chest and his arms came around you. You kept smiling while tracing shapes onto his skin. You had never been more satisfied in your life, both physically and emotionally. Being with Kwangmin had always been quick and rather lackluster. But Byunghee had put your pleasure before his own. He your back while you cuddled against him. You looked up at him to find his eyes closed and a smile plastered on his face.

“Oppa, I have to break things off with Kwangmin. This will be a big blow to our families.”

“Don’t worry, I’ll be by your side.”