The End or the Beginning

My Foolish Heart

Over the next week, you threw yourself into wedding planning, but without Byunghee. You and Jihyun took care of several little details. You told her about what happened with Byunghee and she talked it over with you. She said you shouldn’t say anything about it to Kwangmin, and you decided to follow her advice. You were just relieved to get it off your chest. After that, the two of you clicked again. Your friendship didn’t feel off, as it had for the past several months.

In the evenings, you made sure dinner was ready for Kwangmin when he was hungry. You took care of things around him while he worked. He didn’t say anything about it, but he seemed less stressed out, so you hoped it was helping.

Byunghee had tried calling. And texting. And coming by to see you. You ignored his every attempt to contact you. You decided that putting distance between the two of you would be best.

—————

A little over two weeks had passed  since the incident. You had continued focusing on preparing for your wedding. You continued to follow Jihyun’s advice and not tell Kwangmin about what happened with Byunghee. That was going well until Saturday around lunch time. Kwangmin was getting dressed to go out, but based on his attire, it wasn’t for business.

"Oppa, are you going out?" Kwangmin nodded while finishing up his hair.

“Byunghee hyung called and wanted to get together for lunch.” Your head snapped up instantly. Kwangmin of course didn’t notice as he was too busy looking in the mirror.

“Can I come? It’s been awhile since I’ve gone out for anything other than wedding planning.” You didn’t really want to go, but at least this way Byunghee would hopefully be less likely to bring up the kiss. Kwangmin nodded again and then turned to look at you.

“You’re going to change first, right?”

—————-

You ended up at a restaurant with the two men. They were talking about their relatives and stories from growing up. It wasn’t very interesting for you, but at least you weren’t sitting at home worrying.

Byunghee would occasionally try to engage you in conversation, but you didn’t give him much of a response. You could tell he was trying to figure you out, but he could only do so much with Kwangmin right there.

Thankfully it didn’t last long. You were in and out of the restaurant in about an hour. Kwangmin had to head into the office, and you had to meet with your wedding planner. Try as you might, there seemed to be never ending details that needed your attention.

You arrived at the flower shop with the planner and had to look at various styles. As you browsed through the hundreds of options, you found yourself wishing Byunghee was here. He always picked the perfect design on anything.

—————

You walked into your apartment after the long afternoon with the planner. Kwangmin was supposed to be there already, so you weren’t surprised to find the light on already. You took your shoes off and then moved into the living room.

You froze, your eyes wide. Kwangmin was lying on the couch and as you looked closer, you realized he was on top of Jihyun, and they were kissing. You wanted to yell or cry but your body wasn’t listening. They hadn’t even noticed you yet, they were still kissing. You finally got control of your body and immediately turned around, put your shoes back on and let the apartment.

You still weren’t really in control of yourself, you were just crying and walking. By the time you were coherent again, you were standing in front of a door, knocking on it. It swung open to reveal a tired and stressed looking Byunghee. When he saw you crying he pulled you inside.

“What’s going on?” He asked, his voice full of concern.

“Kwangmin’s cheating on me.”