Chapter 5: 다섯

One Year with Five Husbands [다섯 남편과 1 년]

Chapter 5

The moment we got through those doors Sandeul and Baro immediately started running in the store. Sandeul lay on the beds and Baro started checking price tags like a maniac. The other customers sent us strange glances but left us alone.

Three more cameramen filed through the doors and followed the other members. In the end all who was left was me. I checked my phone Tay-Tay-oppa sent a short ‘ok’. I decided to look around the store.

I entered an aisle full of clocks. A nice clock would be nice in the kitchen. I looked at every kind of time device there was. In the end I picked a clock that had a grape vine design around the rim. I placed it inside the plastic shopping basket that was stacked up in the end of each aisle.

I exited the aisle and entered the living room part of the store. I looked at vases upon vases upon vases. I stepped carefully, afraid that one wrong step would send the delicate useless things down. I kept my eyes to the ground, trying to be careful where I step.

As I was starting to get the hang of it I hit someone or something. I fell and hit my bottom quite hard. As I was trying to get up, my foot made a crunch sound. I think I just broke something.

I stood up. “I’m so sorry. I’m so sorry,” I started to bow and bow repeatedly to the person.

“UIgh.” I heard the person groan. “Oh my God, my glasses!” I raised my head to see a frantic woman looking at the remainders of her glasses.

“I’m so sorry!” I bowed my head again. All of a sudden something hit my head. There was ringing on my left ear.

Yah! You just broke my glasses! Who do you think you are? Huh?” I tried to look up again. It was a woman that was maybe in her late twenties. Her fake strawberry blonde hair was curled artfully. Her hands were shaking in anger, gripping her sweater that hung on her shoulders over a red skintight dress that ended ten inches above her knees. Her face that would be pretty if she wasn’t scowling glared at me.

She got a nose job, it was just a random thought. No one has that kind of nose, it was a pretty one, but it was unnatural.

She grabbed her purse which was on the floor.

“You! Do you know how much those cost? I don’t think you could afford those in your lifetime seeing you and your ugly face! My dad just bought those for me!” She had a shrill voice as she screamed her lungs out.

“I’m so sorry. I’ll buy you new ones. Are they prescription glasses?” I asked.

“Of course not! Do you think I’d need prescription glasses?” She huffed. Not very lady-like of her. “You look really familiar, your ugly face is so common. I don’t think you could even get a boyfriend. I’m sorry for the guy that would be stuck with you,” she smirked.

My voice shook. “I have a husband, ma’am.” I clenched and unclenched my fist.

She laughed. “Yeah, he probably got you pregnant or something, right? Knowing you, who would stick to you on their own free will?”

I was about to snap something that would shut her face up when I felt someone come closer.

            “I don’t know about you, but I would.” An arm wrapped itself around my shoulders, pulling me close.

            I looked up. It was CNU.

            “C-CNU,” I was shocked. He would normally be a quiet helper, not an interactive one.

            “This might be rude, but who are you? Why are you treating my wife so badly?”His voice had an edge to it, like he was on the brink of turning seriously mad even though he still kept on a respective way of speaking.

            “I-I I mean, uh, CNU.” The woman was obviously surprised.

            “How would you like it if she bashed you like that? Can’t you see she already bowed and said sorry?” His grip on my shoulder was reassuring.

            She cleared . “My designer glasses were destroyed by your wife,” she rolled her eyes.

            “Is that so? She already said sorry. She offered to buy you new ones.” He pushed up his glasses.

            “What do you know?!” Her voice became tight and loud. CNU maintained a look of indifference. “Your taste in women must be really bad to choose this chick over a y beast like me!”

            “Please pardon me, but who are you to talk badly about my woman?” The voice was cold. A hand linked itself firmly with mine. I turned my head to see Baro. “I think she’s a lot prettier than you.”

            “Noo-nim! Who are you?” Sandeul’s childish voice sang. He laid his chin on my head. Now I’m sure he had in-soles in his shoes.

            “Please don’t bully our Quinn. She’s still new to this country compared to us.” It was Gongchan’s voice. He stepped up behind Baro.

            “If Quinn-nie­ caused any trouble, I’m sorry. But there is no need to yell at her like that.”Jinyoung came from the opposite side of Baro.

            “Wh-What is this? Why are you ganging up against one girl?” The woman was really intimidated. Her voice shook. If she pulls out the ‘helpless crying chick’ card B1A4 is over. My grip on CNU’s jacket and Baro’s hand tightened.

            “Why are you being so rude to her? We only want an explanation.” Jinyoung’s voice had a note of a demand, making the woman take a step back.

            “She… Just… Ugh!” She stormed away, furious.

            My grip only tightened. They shouldn’t have done that. What if she tells someone? It could be a scandal.

            “Guys, no one saw that, right?” My voice was small. If the cameramen saw that—

            “Don’t worry, we lost them.” Sandeul said, his chin was starting to hurt my head.

            “Sandeul, your face is heavy,” I let go of CNU’s jacket and shoved his face away.

            “Unicorn!” A familiar voice yelled across the store. I spun around to see the three of them: Choi Seung Hyun, Dong Young Bae, and Kwon Ji Young.

            I ran up to Ji Young-oppa with arms open and outstretched. My arms wrapped themselves around his neck.

            “Oppa! You’re here!”

__________________________________

Author-nim: So hey guys! This is the formal entrance of G-Dragon, TOP, and Taeyang! Seungri and Daesung will come later, but they’ll arrive! What do you think the new house will be like? Find out next chapter!! (Again, I at cliffhangers…) Anyways... I just made this image up there because I had free time today and my imagination was just not working. It's not a poster or anything, just a... I dunno. I made it with an online picture editor. It's really handy, I guess.