Chapter 4: 네

One Year with Five Husbands [다섯 남편과 1 년]

Chapter 4

            My head whipped around to see Gongchan was the one who owned the hand.

            “My name is Gong Chan Sik, maknae of B1A4. Nice to meet you T.O.P-hyungnim.”

            I looked at him like he was stupid. The man just threatened to beat you up and you’re basically asking him to do it. Ppo-Ppo-oppa hardly jokes around, and when he does it just makes a weird atmosphere.

            “G-Gongchan…” I stuttered.

            “Wait, are you the guy who Unicorn has as her phone wallpaper? He was really tal—“

            “Yah! Oppa, shut up! Don’t embarrass me!” I cut him off. No freaking way am I going to let him tell them I’m a fan. NEVER.

            ‘Wae? I used to be your wallpaper. I’m just mad.”

            “Oppa, be nice.”

            He cleared his throat. “What songs did you guys sing?”

            “Uh, our debut song was “O.K. Girl”, our more popular song is “What’s Happening?” which was reviewed by Simon and Martina of Eat Your Kimchee.”

            He made a sound of recognition. “Gong Chan Sik, right?” There was a noise of someone covering the microphone. “Young Bae, can you search the name ‘Gong Chan Sik’?” There was another unfamiliar sound. “Unicorn, isn’t that the song you kept singing for a whole two months?”

            “No, that was “Stop Girl” by U-Kiss. “O.K. Girl” was two and a half.” I corrected him. “That reminds me, I have to catch up with Vivi-oppa.”

            “Kevin? I don’t know, he might be busy.”

            “Nonsense! He said that he’s never too busy for me!”

            “Unicorn!” A higher voice sang to the phone. “How are you?”

            “Ji-Jioppa! Annyeong! Is today a free day for you guys?” I smiled, amused at Ji Young-oppa’s childishness.

            “Not all of us; Daesung and Seungri had schedules. Young Bae’s got cancelled.”

            “Annyeong Quinn!” I heard Tay-Tay-oppa’s voice over the speaker.

            “Oppa~!” I laughed.

           “Gong Chan Sik-sshi, are you taking good care of my Unicorn?” T.O.P’s voice became serious all of a sudden.

            “I’m trying my best, sir. I won’t let her get hurt.” My arm was getting sore, so I gave it to CNU.

            “A-Anyeonghaseyo, My name is Shin Dong Woo or B1A4’s CNU.”

            “Wait! Wait! ‘Shin Dong Woo’… That sounds familiar.” Ji-Ji-oppa’s voice muttered.

            “That’s Quinn’s wallpaper.” I heard Taeyang whisper. Idiots. If you want to whisper pull away from the phone.

            CNU gave me an amused glance I turned to my right and hid my face.

            “Unicorn, why are you in the car with the band members? I thought you can only have one husband.” T.O.P’s voice asked me.

            “Uh, well, you see…” I scooted away from the phone and CNU. Jinyoung fixed my bangs that were misplaced during my panic moment.

            “Yah! Hyung! That’s not fair! She’s my wife.” Baro’s voice yelled in alarm.

            “What?” Taeyang’s voice over the phone was totally ignored.

            “What are you talking about, she’s mine!” Sandeul’s voice whined on top of everyone who were now yelling and screaming.

            “What are you talking about, Bean Sprout? She’s mine!” Baro and Sandeul started to bicker.

I, on the other hand, tried to be as small as I can, curling up into a ball next to Jinyoung. Did you know he smelled like watermelons? I like watermelons…

            It was like this: Baro, Sandeul, Baro, Sandeul, Baro, Sandeul, Gongchan, Gongchan, CNU, Jinyoung. I tried to block out my ears.

            “YAH!” Ji-Ji-oppa’s voice yelled. Everyone became quiet. “Let me talk to the leader.” Ugh. His leader voice is coming out.

            CNU handed me the phone and I handed it to Jinyoung. He patted my head as I moved a bit closer. If the police find five dead bodies tonight it will all be my fault.

            “Annyeonghaseyo, I’m the leader, Jung Jin Young.”

            “And I’m guessing you’re her husband too, huh?” Oh no. Ji Young Bear is coming out. That’s worse than Leader Mode.

 Jinyoung stuttered. “Y-Yes, I am.”

Ji Young-oppa sighed. I guess maybe Dragon Bear was deactivated. “Aish, mola, mola dweasso.” He released an exasperated sigh.

“Quinn-iiiieeee~!” Taeyang’s voice sang. “Can I come over to your new house?”

“Well, we’re going to buy furniture for the house today and see it for the first time. I think tomorrow would be a good day. You know, after we finish unpacking and stuff.”

“Or! Or! Or! I could come over and help you guys with the furniture! I can bring my car over. The car you’re in must be full to the brim.” I thought for a moment. I do have a feeling that we might need another car… But Tay-Tay-oppa’s car is… well, it’s the kind of car you don’t want to drive on a country road with or scratch it. It’s way too expensive.

I looked up at Jinyoung. I have to get the leader’s permission first. He nodded and smiled.

“Well, instead of your car you can bring the group’s van. It’ll be more convenient.” I negotiated.

“Okay, deal! Text me the name of the furniture store you’re in and oppa will come right over!”

“You mean oppas, right Young Bae?” I heard Ji Young’s voice threaten.

“Yup!” Taeyang must be having one of his oblivious days.

“Okay!” The van lurched to a stop. I was about to slip forward because of the sudden motion, but CNU’s long arm prevented me from sliding around. I mouthed a thank you. “Oppa, we’re here I’ll see you guys later! Oh, Tay-Tay-oppa, you can bring Ppo-Ppo-oppa and Ji-Ji-oppa  too. They must be curious.”

“WE ARE!” I heard the raised voices of the duo.

“Drive carefully!” I pressed the ‘end call’ button.

I took of my seatbelt and exited the van behind Jinyoung. I stretched my back, my palms facing the sky. I smoothed down my white skirt and straightened out my brown chiffon top, tracing the edge of the fabric on my elbow.

Once everyone was out of the car, we moved like a mob to the furniture store—a chic shop called “Chairs of Angels”.

I texted Tay-tay-oppa:

To: Tay-Tay-OPPA

oppa the store is called chairs of angels. it’s in gangnam in front of the café where we drink tea after meetings.

I sent it and placed my phone in my purse.

The six of us and the cameraman entered the furniture store.

_________________________________________________

Author-nim: Last chapter's cliffhanger was really retarded, I know. I just wanted it to be Gongchan because I noticed he didn't really make an impact in this story yet. Baro fed her, Jinyou got her number and is a fan of hers, CNU just realized that he's her wallpaper, Sandeul just hugged her in the beggining of this strory, BUT GONGCHAN DIDN'T DO ANYTHING. ARRRRRGH. I want to make chapters that can be seen as one of the characters making an impact to the story blah blah.Heehee. I know, I'm a dork. :D