~ Wave 08. ~ Question and Answer

Monsters: The Vortex

He entered her lair again and saw her watching her screens yet again. It showed every angle of the story, every character of the plot. She didn't let im ruin her concentration as she watched the scene before her unfold.

He approached quietly, his eyes also glued to screen, watching as the characters played their parts yet again.

"So they've finally met then." He said, breaking the silence between them. She finally turned to him and he gave her a small smile, "Aren't you worried? 

"Not at all. She's still in the dark about everything, her instinct almost made her run away from him." She said, unable to keep the laughter out of her voice. "You're the one that should be worried."

This time he chuckled, "I doubt it. I'm sure she will remember him, after all, they have a history together." He told her, "You can't easily forget your past."

She frowned, before turning back to the screen. The couple was moving closer together, "I went to great lengths to cover that up. I'm sure she won't remember." She told him, "It would be a waste of my effort if she does."

He sighed again, before turning to leave, "I've already told you, love can conquer anything. Don't keep your hopes up." He said, leaving her alone in the room to watch it unfold.

~

It was decided, she hesitantly took a step forward towards him and he took a step back, walking into the cave, into the warmth of the cave and away from the cold water. She followed his lead until he stopped.

She took two more steps before sitting down, he followed suit and they stared in silence some more. He kept his lips pursed together and just stared at her, she got the hint that he was waiting for her to say something.

The problem was she had no idea what to say, she had no inkling of where to start, what she should start with.

"Who are you?" She blathered out without thinking, she covered as she realized he voice sounded very accusatory. If he was a predator then she just provoked him into getting rid of her. She gave him the chance.

His lips turned up a little, "Someone that knows a lot of things about this place." He answered.

Hana's eyebrows scrunched together as she stared at him, "What is there to know about this place?" She threw out.

"It has a lot of secrets." He answered simply.

"Why are people disappearing?" She asked him pointedly.

"Because they swim too far out."

"Why is it only girls?"

"Don't you find them lovely on the surface and beneath the surface?" He countered back.

"Why are you here in the middle of the night?"

He gave her a look this time, "Why are you here in the middle of the night?" He tested.

"I want answers." She said.

"So continue asking."

Hana let out a disgruntled noise, "Why this cave?" She asked.

"It has a lot of stories behind it." He answered.

"Does it have to do with a monster?" 

He moved his head side to side slowly, "Somewhat. It's old legend, it'll take too much effort to share." He said.

"I obviously have some time." She replied back to him.

He gave a small nod, "Fine. There's a story about a mermaid princess, she is a spoiled princess so she doesn't look for the dangers to her people until it is too late. A giant squid comes and threatens to demolish the kingdom unless a ritual sacrifice is made to him. The spoiled princess agrees and thus, sends the squid his sacrifices with some help for her slave, the monster." He said quickly.

"That wasn't that long." She commented, "I thought it would be longer."

"I might have left out some parts, but that's the gist of it." He told her.

"Fine, what does she need this ritual sacrifice from the surface?" She said, quickly deducing that's what the story was about.

"Humans."

"No mermaids then. What do you have to do with the story?" She asked him.

"I told you to the story." He said simply.

"Are you the person that Chansung has been meeting late at night?" She asked and it didn't miss her eyes that he visibly tensed up with her question. "So you are then?" She followed, "Why has he been swimming out to see you?" 

He relaxed himself, "Because we are friends." He said.

"Why can't you see him during the day time?"

He stood up and walked towards the exit of the cave, Hana stood up and followed him quickly, "Because it's complicated."

Hana caught a glimpse of him in the moonlight and saw the milky white skin and drfinition of muscles in his torso. She cleared lightly before returning her gaze back to his face, "That's a cop out."

He sighed, "It really is complicated. Now, you should go. Before it gets too late, you'll need some rest tonight, won't you?" He asked her, climbing down from the rocks but not yet entering the water.

"You won't tell me then?" She asked him, climbing down as well and jumping into the water herself. It was cold and her body shivered as she adjusted to the temperature.

"Now is not the right time. Now swim before you freeze or worse, meet at creatures that want you as food." He told her, shooing her away.

Hana splashed him purposely, turning away and starting her to get her back to shore. He stood there watching her, until she climbed out of the water and disappeared into the cabin, before jumping in himself and gliding down the depths of darkness.


Author's Note;;
Another update :D woot woot~ lol. :D 
Hopefully you like this interaction.
And we have our mystery couple back. 
I don't think I threw out any hints this time around. 
So let me give one now. :o They're under two different companies.
both are 88liners~