~ Wave 05. ~ Free Flow

Monsters: The Vortex

Hana had moved away from the others when she ate her food mindlessly, the gears were spinning in her head. What could possibly be making people forget about their loved ones? What could possibly be happening and what could she do to stop it?

She remembered that Chansung had been swimming in that exact area last night when she caught him out for his dip. But there was no way he was connected to the disappearances since he was so concerned about them.

Unless he was concerned about them because he was connected to them. Like he didn’t want anyone to find out that it was him. She sighed to herself, that was too outrageous, especially since he had no idea why people were disappearing, just that they were.

She walked out to the shoreline and saw that someone else was already there, someone she had yet to have a decent conversation with.

“Hello, Myungsoo.” She greeted him politely before sitting down next to him.

“What are you doing out here?” He replied back to her without saying hello. She dismissed the courtesy seeing as how he had a girlfriend. He probably wanted to get straight to the point with any girl that seemed suspicious.

“I had too many things on my mind so I came out here to clear my head.” Hana answered honestly. “What about you?” 

“I have trouble being around people for elongated periods of time. Especially people I find extremely irritating, not that I have a problem with my co-workers, but some days. It’s difficult.” Myungsoo answered. “It makes people think I’m cold-hearted but socializing is a skill that I wasn’t born with.”

“I know what you mean. It happened to me a lot when I was younger. But sometimes when you find real friends, then it gets easier. You should do that, find someone to be friends with that you don’t need to keep up appearances for. And make sure that person is free for you to spend time with.” Hana suggested to him. “But I’m guessing Ri Ah does that for you usually?” 

Myungsoo nodded, “Usually, but she’s hanging out with the people that I currently can’t stand so I can’t hang out with her right now.” He explained.

“Ahh, well you know where to find me if yu need someone to talk to. I’m gonna take a walk but it was nice talking to you Myungsoo, I’m glad you don’t hate me.” Hana added, standing up and walking away. She walked along the shoreline and felt the water brush up against her feet. 

It was odd how she felt like the water was calling to her. It had a need for her, every time the water brushed against her feet, it moved higher and higher, the tide was rising. Or was that in her mind because it didn’t seem to be moving up in the sand.

She looked out to the water and saw small movement deep in the ocean, a small ripple just beneath the surface of the water. She wasn’t sure if that was her friend or not, the friend she had made in the past when swimming out that far.

Maybe her friend would know something about the disappearances. If only she could talk to him, but he was a creature of the sea and couldn’t communicate with him. She would swim out to the deep end tomorrow. She had to make sure she was paired up with someone that trusted her.

“Yoooo~” A voice said coming up behind her, she turned and saw that it was one of the girls from the cabin coming out for her.

“What’s up?” She replied back, she hadn’t had a chance to meet this girl for herself yet. But she remembered Myungsoo saying her name on the first day.

“I’m Asia. Nice to meet you. We haven’t talked before but we are going to be bunk mates. Ri Ah switched because she wanted to be closer to the door.” Asia explained, holding out her hand to her.

Hana took it and shook lightly, “I see. Well, nice to meet you. I’m Hana. Are you here to pick me up because it’s time to go back to the cabin?” She asked her.

“Sorta. We have half an hour left before curfew but I just wanted to talk to you. Why did you sign up for this?” Asia asked her, keeping up with Hana’s awkwardly fast pace.

“I didn’t really sign up for it. More like my uncle decided that I needed to help. My parents were worried about me so they sent me here to work for him. I’ve been telling everyone I was hired because he had an opening but really, Uncle Jin Young made an opening for me.” Hana admitted to her. “Don’t tell the others I said that though. Myungsoo already assumes I’m the favorite but I’m not."

Asia zipped her lips up with her finger and threw away the pretend key. “No problem. But why are they worried about you?” She asked.

Hana smiled, “That’s a long story and will have to wait for a different day. For now, let’s go back.” She said, moving between Asia and the shoreline. She noticed that the stars are out and pointed them out to Asia when she saw Chansung moving towards the water.

“Look I think I see a shooting star!” Hana exclaimed, turning Asia around to look at the sky.

“Where?!” She said quickly and saw the end of it but it was too late for her to make a wish.

“Sorry. I should have told you sooner.” Hana said sadly, making sure Chansung couldn’t be seen. He should have known better than to come out so soon before curfew. She would need to have a talk with him about that again.

“It’s okay, but what would you wish for?” Asia asked her, as they walked up to the cabin.

Hana gave a thoughtful smile, she knew the answer to this one right away. “I would wish for everlasting happiness.” She said. “And by that I mean, I would always be able to find the good in life, because I know life has to have its ups and downs but rather I would want to be optimistic no matter what. Because I can go only go up."

“That’s a nice wish.” Asia said, “I would just wish for a boyfriend.” She said giggling. 

Hana laughed, “I haven’t had one either, at least I don’t think so. But I did like someone, I think. Not sure, can’t remember."

“What do you mean you can’t remember? You either liked someone or you didn’t.” Asia insisted. 

“I really can’t remember, Asia. Sorry. But either way, it doesn’t matter. Since we didn’t end up together, so it’s not like I can do anything about it.” Hana told her. “Besides, don’t you have a thing for one of the boys anyway?” 

Asia blushed, “No. Whatever. How do you know?"

Hana rolled her eyes, “Who wouldn’t? Besides, I’m not allowed. My uncle’s warned all of them apparently.” She said, rushing up the stairs to go to bed. “Come on, it’s an early day tomorrow!” 

~

“Hyung. There was another missing woman today.” He said to the man that had just entered the cave.

“You know I can’t tell you anything. I’m sorry. If that’s all you wanted to talk about today, then you have to leave. I can’t tell you anything.” He swung his hair out to remove the excess water.

“What does that even mean?” He asked exasperatedly to the older man.

“I can’t tell you. You’re not the person I’m allowed to tell. I’m sorry.” He sighed before taking a step back. 

“Will you tell me who you can tell? Is it one of the other hyungs?” He asked, moving closer.

“No, I’m sorry. I must leave.” 


Author's Note;;
Yo yo yo~ so the unni I'm writing this for~
Is coming back soon!! :D woot :3 lol. I hope she likes the presents I left for her :3
I was hoping to finish this before she got back >< but that failed. 
But I will be finishing this.. before the semester in Korea ends :3 LOL.
I need to get my stories out there <3 before I get too old for this lol. <3 enjoy :)