~ Wave 13. ~ I Know

Monsters: The Vortex

She sighed before following his orders. She sat beside him and they looked out at the ocean together.

“We haven’t see each other often, but I’m sure you know I’m Taecyeon.” He said introducing himself.

“Yes. I remember.” She said. “Are you going to bust me?"

He chuckled and looked at her, “No. But I would like to tell you something.” He said. Hana looked at him curiously, waiting for him to say what he wanted to say. “I know all about your late night swims. I know all about Chansung’s as well. He’s been trying to hide it from me and Junho, but I know.” He said.

“I know exactly what’s been happening while you’re on your late night swims. I know. What I don’t know is how to help him. But I’m sure that’s something you must figure out.” He told her.

“Why does everyone say I have to figure it out?” She blurted out. “I don’t know anything.” 

Taecyeon smiled at her, “I’m sure you know something. How about this? I’ll tell you another story that I know and see if it’ll help you find more answers.” He suggested.

“I hope it’s not the short version.” She mumbled, nodding her head to let him go on.

He chuckled, “Well, not too long ago, a friend of mine, his name was Khun to us. He preferred keeping his whole name for his girl.” He laughed again before continuing, “Anyway, he had this girl that he was madly in love with. They both worked on the beach together because her relative made her and he just followed along. They did a lot together actually, because they were so in sync with each other. 

One day, they were assigned to watch over Whale Cave because of all the stories about love and how inexperienced swimmers would go out and try. His girl swam out and he had to chase after her, he dove into the water so fast and went for her.

But he didn’t come back. When she made it back to shore, she was unconscious and she drifted back to us. But Khun was nowhere to be found, he had sacrificed himself to save his girl, and no one knows where he’s been since.” He said with finality, concluding the end of the story.

“I know that Junho and Chansung have hope for him. But I know that we can’t do anything if Khun is out there. We have done everything we can to try and save him. And that’s brought out nothing.” Taecyeon told her. “If Khun can even be rescued, then I have no chance of helping him."

Hana nodded her head slowly as she felt the story resonate within her. It sounded so familiar, too familiar. She knew something was wrong with the story. Something was missing, there was a missing element that would have made it more complete.

“I was there when the girl drifted onshore.” She said. “I was on shore, watching her.” 

Taecyeon nodded, saying nothing, “I’m sure everyone was there.” He replied.

“That’s not right.” She said and he turned to her and he realized that she couldn’t even see him anymore. She wasn’t speaking to him.

“I was there.” She muttered to herself, “But I couldn’t have been onshore.” She continued mumbling and she turned her head this way and that as she had an argument with herself externally.

Taecyeon reached out and placed his hands on her shoulders to stop her from continuing, “You should rest. I’m sure your uncle is expected you back in the infirmary, so go back before you get in trouble.” He told her.

Hana nodded as she stood up, and walked towards the cabins to get on a change of clothes and she laid back in bed closing her eyes. Her thoughts roamed but her body ached for sleep and succumbed.


Author's Note;;
Woot update :D lol. <3
might do daily updates if I finish writing this tonight haha~
Lol. but I'm being tackled with infinite feels rn. 

So we shall see. (I need to make room to post an infinite story line T-T)