~ Wave 02. ~ Suspicion

Monsters: The Vortex

Everyone turned and saw that Jin Young was standing right there, "Uncle." Hana muttered quietly.

"You will not be swimming to Whale Cave, don't you dare go against my word." He said sternly to her.

Hana nodded once, "Of course, Uncle." She replied, and all the other lifeguards stared quietly at the two of them.

"Myungsoo, don't you dare my niece to swim to Whale Cave ever again. If you want her to swim there then you can all swim there together and swim back. Do you understand me?" Jin Young said sternly to him. His arms were on his sides as his eyes narrowed at Myungsoo.

"Yes, boss." Myungsoo mumbled softly but the room was so quiet that everyone could hear it. The others didn’t dare to speak a word and they refused to intervene with the boss’ reprimand.

"Good. Now all of you make sure my potato salad is cold or finish it before the day's over." He said, walking away with a smile on his face. His entire face did a 180 and turned all happy, it scared the others how he could be so bipolar but Hana was used to it. She sighed to herself as her uncle left the room.

The others all nudged each other before looking at Hana, "Thanks for that, Boss' Niece." Myungsoo said coldly, throwing her a glare.

"You started it by assuming I wouldn't take the challenge." Hana replied stoically, she stood up and took two scoops of potato salad with her and left the room.

Junho looked around and saw that everyone was already deciding to gang up on Hana so he went out after her. He didn't have time to go through this petty high school drama for children.

He saw her walking back to their side of the beach and stopped her. "Hana! That's not our side anymore. We switched over remember?" Junho said, chasing after her. 

He stopped her and she turned and glared at him, "Are you trying to be nice to me now?" She asked, "Since they're all already against me?"

"You know that already?" He asked her, in surprise. This girl was too perceptive for her own good. Maybe it could be helpful though, he needed someone who was unbiased on his side.

"I'm not stupid. They were already against me before I even arrived. But anyway, are you just going to be nice to me because you pity me?" She turned the question back at him. She ate a big bite of the potato salad and waited.

Junho didn't say anything and continued walking towards their lifeguard stand for the afternoon. "I do not pity you. But nor do I have time to pick sides in a childish fight." He said, "Myungsoo will get over it anyway."

"I still want to swim to the Whale Cave, it's not like I haven't done it before." She told him.

"When was the last time you swam there?" Junho asked her, "Jin Young hung hasn't let anyone swim down there in over a year or so."

"The last time I swam there was around that time too. Me and a friend had gone down that way to check it out," She looked at Junho and saw his face, "Not in that way. We were just competitive and I won. It's the reason why I got the job as soon as there was an opening." She explained to him.

"The friend of yours wasn't a guy?" Junho insinuated, with a creepy grin on his face as they continued watching the waves.

"He was. But we weren't like that, anyway. It happened a long time ago. I've proven I can swim to Whale Cave so I don't have to anymore." She said, "Now what challenge did you have to do to get the job?" She asked.

"Most of us did the Whale Cave swim to prove our ability to swim but the younger ones had to hold their breath for as long as possible to prove their ability to survive." Junho explained.

"I see." Hana said, "I'm gonna go swimming," she said.

"Don't go out too far." He told her, “Your uncle was already mad about you swimming to the Whale Cave by yourself.”

“I know. I won’t get him mad at you guys.” She replied, halfway to the water. The water brushed up against her feet as she reached the edge and it was ice cold. It wasn’t surprising to her though, she was used to it after all these years.

She looked out at the ocean and saw Whale Cave, she wasn’t going to let her uncle stop her from swimming until the line. But she wouldn’t be near the cave, she walked into the water until it was waist high before she started to swim out. Her arms naturally propelled her forward and she couldn’t open her eyes because of the salt. She turned her head to breathe every so often until she decided to stop.

She looked around and saw that she had already made it past the Cave and was in deeper water. Not that it was new to her, she looked around and saw a familiar blur underneath the water. One of its fins brushed against her foot and she smiled. Then she looked around and saw some dolphins swimming by, but she saw Junho back on the shore, standing near the water, looking at her.

She decided it was time to go back and leave the ocean alone. She went back and met Junho where he was standing.

“You went out really far.” He told her. “You had me worried.” 

“Why? I was fine.” Hana said, “I am a good swimmer.”

“I never said that you weren’t. But we had another disappearance.” He murmured lowly.

“Disappearance?” Hana asked him curiously.

Junho just gave her a small smile, “It’s nothing. Just don’t go out that far again, okay?” He warned her. “You don’t know what’s out there.”

“If I don’t swim out there again, will you tell me then?” Hana asked him. 

“Tell you what?” He replied, feigning innocence. Her eyes narrowed at him but he never changed his answer.

“Fine. Let’s go back then. We will have to clean up and hang the sign to warn people we are off duty and then go eat some more.” Hana said.

“Yeah.” Junho said, following behind her and giving one look back at the ocean. All he could see were the dolphins, and nothing that laid beneath the surface.
 



Author's Note;;
I know it's been a while. Sorry guys. I will try to write more when I get the chance >< 
Enjoy please~ :3

[[CLICK HERE]]