002

Recipes for Disaster

002

---

*Black= Korean

*Purple= English

*Red= Recap

*Comic Sans MC= HyeMin’s OOC thoughts

---

“Sing the first 53 seconds of ‘You and I’ by Park Bom.” He said playing the song on his phone.

“No matter what happens. Even when the sky is falling down. I'll promise you, that I'll never let you go. You naega sseureojilddae Jeoldae heundeullimeopsi. Ganghan nunbicheuro Myeotbeonigo nal ileukyeojweo. And you, na himae gyeoulddae Seulpeumeul byeolang kkeutkkaji ddo uhgimeopsi Chajawa du son japeun geudaeyegae.” I sang to the best of my ability. The classroom got tense and I stood silently. The door to the classroom slid open and everybody turned to see who it was. My eyes widen when they landed on the mystery figure.

 

“YeIn, YoonAh, Chanyeol. Why are you late?” Teacher Min asked the tardy students. *Her! What the hell is she doing here?* I asked staring at her, the monster I haven’t seen since 2nd year of middle school. “I just got to school, car trouble.” The girl with long brown hair said taking her seat. “Okay. Park Chanyeol, why are you and Yoon YeIn late?” He asked again, but the boy “Chanyeol” ignored him and took his seat. My heart dropped when YeIn’s eyes landed on me. “That doesn’t matter.” She said taking her seat next to the brown hair YoonAh girl. “Okay, HyeMin, since you and Jongin have gotten to know each other. Occupy the empty seat next to him.” I bowed and took my seat uncomfortably.  Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Jongin scribble words on a piece of paper. He folded and slid it onto my desk. I looked at it then at him before opening it. Relax, Princess, public school isn’t that bad. I was about to throw the paper at him when I felt his hand brush my thigh causing me to jolt out of my seat. “Don’t touch me!” I yelled, Teacher Min looked at us and shook head. I brushed my skirt down because he pulled up my skirt a little. *ert* I thought glaring at the smirking boy. The bell rang breaking my glares. “HyeMin. Jongin. My office.” Teacher Min said walking out of the classroom. I rolled my eyes and followed as did that kid. The class chattered about what happened.

 

**In Teacher Min’s office**

 

--Jongin’s POV—

I dropped my backpack onto the floor and sat next my Princess. “This isn’t your office?” she said sounding more like she was asking a question. “It’s the conference room, baby girl.” I said looking her up and down. “Why are we here?” she asked looking at me with eyes full of disgust. I smiled at her and she rolled her eyes. “That’s what you two tell me.” Min says sitting a timer on the table. *Oh god, not the timer…* I said looking at the timer. “Start explaining what happened during class, HyeMin.” Min said HyeMin nodded. “Here goes my perfect student rep.” I whisper to myself and let out a sigh. HyeMin looked at me and Min started the timer. “1 minute, go.” He said she took a break. “I sat down and got my stuff out of my backpack and put books in my desk. After putting my books in my desk a spider landed on my thigh. I panicked and jumped up because I terribly allergic to spiders. I’m sorry for the commotion.” She explained until the timer went off. Min nodded and looked at me. “Since this has nothing to do with you, there’s no need for you to explain anything. You two get pack to class.” We stood up and bowed before walking out of the room.

 

She pushed past me and I grabbed her arm pulling her around a corner. “Yah!” She yelled, instinctively I smacked my hand over . Seconds later Min walked past. She struggled against me, mumbling into my hand. I stood there holding her until the bell rang signaling the start of class. She pulled my hand away from . “Get your hands off of me!” She yelled pulling away from me. I looked at her. “Why are you staring at me like that?” she asked looking me up and down. *Am I staring?* I cleared my throat and looked up the stairs. “Why’d you lie?” I asked she jumped and stepped back. “Are you angry because I didn’t tell?” she questioned. *Uh, this girl…* “Don’t answer my question with a question. Just answer it.” I said trying to sound angry. “I didn’t want to ruin your perfect student rep. Mr. Missing Class Right Now.” She said in a mocking tone. I scoffed, “Thanks, but I can keep my reputation without your help, Princess.” I said walking away. “Fine, I go tell Teacher Min that you told me to lie about what happened and that you ually harassed me on my first day of school.” She called after me. I turned around to look at her, but my eyes landed on Minzy standing in the middle of the hallway. “Whatever.” I said walking down the hallway. *I hope she didn’t hear that.* I thought going into the classroom.

 

--HyeMin’s POV--

I stood there in staring at the spot that he once stood. I couldn’t believe he looked past me. *What was he looking at?* I asked looking behind me and saw a girl staring at that spot too. *Who is she?* I tilted my head unconsciously. She snapped her head in my direction, scaring the life out of me. “Who do you think you are?! Talking to him like that! Talking to him at all, huh!?” She yelled walking up to me. “I don’t think I’m anybody. I know I’m Kang HyeMin.” I said backing away from her. I don’t like people all up in my personal space. I’m claustrophobic.   I opened my mouth to say something else, but before I could.

SLAP

 

I felt a warm tingly burning sensation in my cheek. I brought my hand up to the cheek she just slapped and then looked at her. “You better stay away from him or else.” She said storming down the hall way. I felt my lip twitch as I watched her walk away. “.” I say more to myself then her. She looked back at me then went into her classroom. I went into the bathroom and looked at my cheek in the mirror. I sighed and reached for my backpack. *It’s still in the hallway.* I said frowning. I opened the bathroom door and rushed to my backpack. Grabbing it I whirled around and headed back to the bathroom. “HyeMin-ah!” MinYeon called down the hall before the bell rang.

 

*Oh my gosh. This couldn’t get worse could it?* I said entering the bathroom. I applied makeup to the red hand mark on my cheek. I looked out the corner of my eye and seen a girl with long blonde hair. I looked back into the mirror and finished my makeup. The door opened and YeIn and that girl from the hallway walked in. “HyeMinnie.” YeIn slung her arm around me, like some type of hug. I frowned. “Get off me.” I snarled, she rolled her eyes and released me. “I haven’t seen you since-” I yawned cutting her off. “I hate fake es so can you drop the act.” I said smiling at her. Her jaw dropped at my sentence, but she forced a smile. “Okay. Let’s get to the point then.” The girl with blonde hair said.

 

I nodded. “I’m YeIn, but you already knew that. These are my friend.” She said pointing to the other girls. “This is YoonAh, Bom, Dara, Tiffany, Hyoyeon, Minzy and ChaeRin, but she called CL.” I nodded. “Okay, and?” I said trying to figure out what the point of this was. “Minzy said she saw you harassing Kai.” YeIn said looking me up and down. My eyes widened. “Who is Kai?” I asked I felt kind of stupid when they started laughing. “She doesn’t know her own seat partner.” CL said flipping her hair. “J-Jongin?” I asked, they continued laughing. Everyone except YoonAh, who was shaking her head. I sighed. “Okay, I wasn’t harassing him.” I yelled finding it impossible to stay calm.

 

“Whatever. Don’t talk to him outside of class. He’s Minzy...” Bom said tucking her hair behind her ear. I looked at YeIn. “That’s her problem. He was talking to me, so I talked back. Not my problem.” I said pushing pasted the annoying girls and exiting the bathroom. “Yah! Get ba-” Minzy yelled. “Leave her, she’ll learn.” YeIn said cutting her off. I walked into my classroom to see if there was still class or if it was lunch. I enter as quietly as I could and took my seat while the teacher’s back was to the class. I could feel MinYeon and MinAh’s stares on me as I tried to figure out what was going on. “Page 392 in your English book.” Jongin said I looked at him.

 

He smiled at me and I looked at my book. “329?” I said he nodded and flip the pages. “Where are we?” I asked looking around the page. He leaned over to the book glancing over it before putting his finger down on the spot. “Here” he said I felt his glaze go from the book to my face. “What happened?” he asked my eyes widened. “What do you mean?” I asked hoping he couldn’t see the mark. “This bruise on your cheek where did you get it?”  He whispered as the classroom got quieter because the teacher paused his lesson. “I… uh… had it since I’ve been here.” I said slipping parts of my hair over my cheek. “No, you didn’t. What happened? Did Minzy—” The bell cut him off. I gathered all of my things and rushed out of the classroom.

 

I bumped into something or someone and we both went flying. I bumped my head lightly on the wall. “Aaah.” I said picking myself off the ground. “I’m sorry; I wasn’t watching where I was going.” A male voice said. I brushed off my skirt and shirt. “It’s okay. I wasn’t paying much attention either.” I said grabbing some books off the ground. He chuckled and sighed. “I guess that’s something we both have to work on.” He said I looked at him and smiled. *He’s really cute.* I thought to myself as I handed him his books. “Thanks, uh… what’s your name?” He asked looking down at his books. “HyeMin. Kang HyeMin. Nice to meet you.” I said extending my hand. He shook my hand. “I’m—” he said but was snatched away by Chanyeol.

 

A card fell out of that one kid’s pocket. I picked it up, but when I looked up he was nowhere to be found. I looked at it; it was a student ID card.

 

“He’ll need this to get into school tomorrow.” I said looking at it again. “Yah, HyeMinnie! Let’s go to lunch.” MinAh said grabbing my hand. “Alright.” I said sliding the ID card into my backpack and running off to the lunch room with my friends.


Author's Note:

I hope you liked the second chapter of Recipe for Disaster. I'm sorry if the chapter are too long or short. I'm trying to find a way to make them the perfect length, but I don't really read many stories and stuff but I hope you liked it. If you like please subscribe. Comments are appreciated. Thanks for reading my first fic!

-Author Kiarriia