004

Recipes for Disaster

004

---

*Black= Korean

*Purple= English

*Red= Recap

*Comic Sans MC= HyeMin’s OOC thoughts

---

I sat at my desk and stared out the window. I didn’t understand how my first day of school could so much. *I hate high school! I hate YeIn she !* I stuffed my things in my backpack and waited for my dad to call me. When he called I didn’t answer I just walked outside. I looked around, but his car was nowhere to be found. I sighed and pulled out my phone, dialing my dad’s number and leaning against the fence. “Hello?” his voice bubbled through the speaker. “Where are you?” I asked anger stringing through my voice. “You said you’ll call when you got here.” I continued. “I also said I’d call if I couldn’t make it.” He said smugly. I pouted. “You’re not coming, are you?” I asked feeling abandoned and lost. “I’m sorry, but I have to work today.” He explained his voice carried sorrow through to my ear drums.

“It’s okay, just make me something for lunch tomorrow. MinYeon and MinAh ate my lunch today.” I giggle before hanging up. I tucked my phone into the pouch on my backpack and started on my way home. “Yah, Princess!” I heard a familiarly annoying voice call from behind me. *I know it’s Jongin, but please don’t be Jongin.* I begged in my head. I paused and turned to meet none other than Kim Jongin. I frowned and waited for him to catch up to me. “Why are you here?” I hissed. He smiled, “You’re walking home? Alone?” he asked completely ignoring my question. “Yeah, what’s it to ya?” I asked walking away. “Do you know what could happen?” I shook my head.

*What’s the worst that could happen while I’m walking?  Falling?* I thought glancing over to Kai who was looking at me with a serious expression. “What?” I asked he shook his head. “If you didn’t then I won’t tell you.” He said walking ahead of me. I walked faster in order to catch up with him. Man was I curious. “Tell me what?” I asked linking my arm to his. “About the ghost that haunts these streets.” He said failing to unlink our arms. After hearing what he didn’t want to tell me I walked away from him. “Don’t follow me.” I hissed running across the street. I was attempting to find my way home. Since I didn’t tell my father I didn’t know how to get home. After aimlessly wandering up and down the streets, I ended up back where I started.

 I looked across the road and saw Jongin, standing there waving at me. I frowned when I noticed him walking towards me. “Do you need help finding your house?” He asked I rolled my eyes. “I don’t need help. I’m just not in a hurry to get home.” I say not wanting to look foolish. A smile crept up on his face. “Alright, wanna go grab something to eat then?” He asked I died on the inside. I really didn’t want to go, but if I didn’t he would think I couldn’t get home. “Alright.” I breathed after a few silent moments of consideration. We walked down the street in complete silence until his phone started ringing. “Hello?” he answered. I could her a girl’s voice over the phone. *Is that his girlfriend?*

“I didn’t abandon you. I told you I was going somewhere else.” He explained the voice on the other line got louder. “No you didn’t. Don’t lie! Where are you Kim Jongin!?” she sounded pissed off. “Calm down, I’m with a friend.” I couldn’t help but laugh at his use of the word friend. He looked at me and I waved at him. “I be home soon. We’re going to grab something to eat and I’ll take her home and be back.” He said turning away as if hiding his words. “Ok.” After he hung up, he continued walking. “Who was that? Your girlfriend?” I asked he smiled. “No, my mom. I promised I’d be home early.” He said shoving his hand into his pockets. “Oh.” I nodded and so did he.

“What do you want to eat, Princess?” he asked as we watched cars zoom up and down the street. “Uh, we could go to my dad’s restaurant. It’s just a block away.” I say pointing down the street. “Isn’t it a fancy place?” I nodded. “It’s not that expensive. If that’s what you’re wondering.” I tucked my hair behind my ear then grabbed his hand and pulled him across the street. We reached the restaurant and strutted in. “Hi, HyeMin-ssi, how are you?” One of my dad’s hostesses asked. “Hello, Kimi… Table for two please.” I said looking at Jongin, who was acting unnaturally shy all of a sudden. Kimi lead us to a table close to the kitchen. “Thanks, eonni.” I say taking my seat. “Thank you.” Jongin muttered sitting across from me.

“Your waiter will be with you soon.” She informed disappearing behind a curtain. “So…” Jongin started sliding his fingers over the table cloth. “So…?” I mock fixing my skirt under the table. “After this, are you staying here until your dad leaves?” he asked glancing at me then at the curtains. “I don’t know yet. Why?” I asked looking at the curtains also. A guy about our age strutted up to the table. “H-hello.” He said looking at Jongin then at me. “Oh, you’re the bossman’s daughter.” He says fumbling with the menus. “Yeah, I am, nice to meet you. Could we get something to drink?” I asked. He nodded. “What would you like?” he asked. “I just want water and get my…friend, here, the special drink.” I said he nodded and walked away.

“What’s the special drink?” he asked as our waiter sat our drinks in front of us. “I’ll tell him after he tastes it.” I say to the guy before he opens his mouth. He nods and pulls out his notepad. “What would two like to order? Any appetizers?” I looked at Kai. “You order for us. I got the drinks.” I said. He grabbed his menus and flipped it open. He ordered our meal and waiter dude disappeared into the kitchen.

--Jongin’s Pov—

I took a sip of my “special drink” and it burned my throat. *This is nasty, but good…what is this?* I took another sip and had a stronger reaction. I coughed a little. “What is this?” I asked before drinking a little more. *It’s so addictive.* I thought waiting for her answer. “It’s a strawberry daiquiri.” She said sipping her water. “Daiquiri?! Like with alcohol?” I asked totally shocked by her announcement. She nodded and smiled innocently. “Have you had this before?” she shook her head. “Never, my parents wouldn’t allow it. Here drinks on water.” She pushed her cup over to me. In return, I pushed mine towards her. “What your parents don’t know won’t hurt, right?” her eyes widened at my comment, but she took the cup anyways.

 I drank some water while she drank the daiquiri and then we switched. Our meal came and we ate and chatted about her first day, which she hid a lot of detail about. But, it’s none of my business. I still have to know about the bruise. “What happened with you and Minzy? Did she hit you?” I asked sitting my fork down and looking at her cheek. “Is she your girlfriend?” she asked avoiding eye contact with me. “It’s complicated.” I sighed she nodded and continued eating. “Did Minzy hit you, HyeMin?” I asked slightly annoyed by the fact she’s ignoring me. “She slapped me.” She said staring down at her plate. “Who slapped you, HyeMin?” A random voice appeared from behind me. “Appa!” HyeMin exclaimed going over to the man.

 I stood up and looked at them. “Appa, this is my seat partner, Kim Jongin.” She says I bowed. *Ouch, I thought we were friends.* I thought to myself before taking my seat. “How was your first day?” he asked her as she made her way to her seat. “It was fine, I guess.” She sighed stabbing her fork into her chicken. “What’s the matter? You don’t seem as excited like you were this morning.” Her father questioned. She shrugged. “I am. It’s just… the homework. We have a lot of homework.” I looked at her questioning her choice of excuse. “Right, Kai?” She asked I nodded and started eating to avoid lying any further. He nodded and excused himself. We continued the rest of our meal in awkward silence. After we paid, we headed out and towards my house.