003

Recipes for Disaster

003

---

*Black= Korean

*Purple= English

*Red= Recap

*Comic Sans MC= HyeMin’s OOC thoughts

---

I bumped into something or someone and we both went flying. “Aaah.” I said picking myself off the ground. “I’m sorry; I wasn’t watching where I was going.” I brushed off my skirt and shirt. “It’s okay. I wasn’t paying much attention either.” I said grabbing some books off the ground. “I guess that’s something we both have to work on.” He said I looked at him and smiled. I handed him his books. “Thanks, uh… what’s your name?” He asked looking down at his books. “HyeMin. Kang HyeMin. Nice to meet you.”  He shook my hand. “I’m—” he said but was snatched away by Chanyeol. A card fell out of that one kid’s pocket it was a student ID card. “Yah, HyeMinnie! Let’s go to lunch.” MinAh said grabbing my hand. “Alright.” I said sliding the ID card into my backpack.

We walked into the lunchroom and scoped out a place to sit. “How about over there. It’s empty.” MinYeon said pulling me and her sister to the table. We sat down and I pulled my lunch out of my backpack. I placed it on the table and ordered it how I wanted to eat it in. MinAh watched me. “Yah. Just eat your food. Stop being picky.” She said pulling out her lunch too. “Alright, I will.” I said opening the container. “Mm, did your dad make that?” MinYeon asked leaning over to look at my lunch. I nodded and nudged her. “Eat.” I said holding some food up to . She took a bit and smiled. “It’s yummy.” She said looking at her sister. “Can I have some?” MinAh asked frowning at her lunch. I slid the box over to her and started eating from the other one. 

I looked up and saw the kid from earlier. I smiled and remembered his ID. “I’ll be right back.” I said sliding the rest of my lunch to my friend. “Okay.” They chorused sharing the lunch. I slung my backpack over my shoulder after grabbing his ID. I glanced over it. *I never did learn his name* I told myself staring at his name. “Do Kyungsoo.” I smiled at his picture and walked up to his table. “Kyungsoo-seonbae?” I said, but I came out as a question. The tables laughs died down and everyone looked at me. Kyungsoo turned around and looked at me. He didn’t say anything, he just looked. I looked around the table, Chanyeol was watching as was Jongin and YeIn and her group. I swallowed a nervous lump in my throat.

 “Did you want something or are you just going to stare at him?” CL asked causing a roar of laughter at the table. “I… I, uh. You dropped something and—” I said, but he cut me off. “Keep it. If I didn’t notice it was gone, I probably didn’t need it.” He said smiling at me. I nodded, “Okay.” I blushed causing him to smile more. *His ID, HyeMin. That’s so important. Stop acting like a fangirl* I mentally scolded myself for being so stupid. “Your ID card. You dropped your ID card in the hallway.” I blurt holding the card out in front of myself.  He checked his pockets and inside his backpack. “Thanks, I’ll need this to get to school tomorrow.” He grabbed the card and turned back around to the table. “You’re welcome.” I said walking back to my table until the bell rang.

 

MinAh, MinYeon and I headed back to class and gathered around my desk. “What happened back in the lunchroom, Minnie?” MinYeon asked sitting against the desk. “Nothing, I found Kyungsoo-seonbae’s ID card in the hallway and had to give it back.” I explained pulling my books out of my desk.  “Yeah right, she stole his ID card.” YeIn’s voice crackled through the room. “What do you know! HyeMin would never steal anything.” MinAh yelled. YeIn smiled and walked up to us. “Oppa wouldn’t just drop something that important.” YeIn said pushing MinYeon out of the way and glaring at me. “You stole his ID card when you bumped him and then gave it back just so you’d have a reason to talk to him.” She accused.

I laughed to myself and looked her in her eye. “I didn’t steal his ID card because point blank I don’t want it. Or him so if your jealous take it out on someone else or save it for your mother.” I said looking her up and down she frowned at me. “Oh, wait your mom doesn’t speak to you anymore.” I said she rolled her eyes and stomped off to her seat mumbling “You’ll pay, HyeMin, just wait.” MinYeon and MinAh looked at me and smiled. “You act just like Ha MinSuk, for Sunset City.” MinYeon giggled starting the conversation about my character’s personality. “She was so independent and strong. She could definitely handle her own.” MinAh said looking at me my eyes widen. “Just like you.” She continued I smiled.

“No, bully could ever get in her way. No queenka or kingka could ever crush her spirit. No boy could resist her charm and personality. No test couldn’t be passed with a little studying because…” MinYeon paused looking at me then MinYeon. “Ha MinSuk, super teen was the definition of perfection.” We chorused and giggled. “I like Ha MinSuk and Sunset City as much as the next guy, but talk about it later. I’d like to get to my seat.” Jongin said putting his hand on MinAh shoulder. She smiled and moved allowing him to pass.” MinYeon frowned and brushed her hand over MinAh’s shoulder. “Stop it, go be jealous somewhere else.” She said running to her seat. “Wait, I just want to touch it.” MinYeon said running after her.

I rested my face on my palm and waited for class to start. Jongin slid a note onto my desk. I looked at him then the note. “Read it.” He mouthed. I opened the note. Chanyeol’s having a party tomorrow night, Princess. You’re invited and bring your friends. I’ll be fun. Show up. I looked at Chanyeol, who was talking to YoonAh and YeIn, and then at the note. I smiled, but stuffed the note into my backpack. “I don’t want to.” I said snapping my head towards Jongin. He flinched and gave me a questioning look. “You understand English say something.” I said he sighed. “Why not, it’ll be fun I promise. If you don’t go the entire school will hate you. Chanyeol doesn’t just invite anybody to his parties.” He explained I nodded.

“Let me correct myself, I want to go.” I said tying my hair into a ponytail. “Really?” he asked looking very confused. “NO!” I blurted turning to face the board. The entire class looked at us. “Hyung, she said she doesn’t like you and will never go to one of you lame parties.” Jongin said across the room. The room filled with mumbling and grunts. “I never said any of that.” I protested. “So, you said you’ll go to all my parties?” Chanyeol asked the room got quiet and looked at me. I felt my face heat up. “Y-yeah. I love parties.” I said playing with my ponytail. “Awesome.” He smiled and went back to talking with his friends. I slumped down in my seat and sighed. “I hate you.” I said looking at Jongin. “I love you too.” He whispered to himself. *Did he just… Nah…*

The teacher walked in the classroom, barking orders and asking questions. I hate math class. I flipped through the book and found our page. “Today we’re going to do group studying.” The teacher said. I yawned and he looked at me. “You, come here.” He said pointing at me. I pointed at myself. “M-me?” I stuttered standing. “No, the Easter bunny. Yes, you. Get up here.” He said waving me over to him. I walked to the front of the class. “Who wants to be in a group with the lovely…” he looked at me. “HyeMin.” I said smiling a little. Jongin walked up to the front and MinAh and MinYeon did too. They stood next to me. Jongin waved Chanyeol over and he came up too. “We need one more student. Anyone?” Teacher asked the class. It was awkwardly silent.

Some kid with black hair and panda like eyes stood up in the back of the classroom. “Zitao?” Jongin breathed I looked at him. He kind of looked scared. I looked at Chanyeol he just looked plain pissed. “Okay group one is complete. Thanks for volunteering. Now I will pick the rest of the groups since you guys don’t like to volunteer.” Teacher man said. My group and I stood awkwardly in the corner waiting for directions. The class filled with unhappy grunts and groans. After all the groups were created we were given directions and told to go to the library until the bell rang. Researching the history of math… That’s sooo stupid. We headed to the library and claimed a table in the empty and silent room. I handed out the instructions and gave people their jobs.

“MinAh and MinYeon you can type up or right up everything, if that’s okay.” I said they nodded and logged on to a computer. “Chanyeol and Jongin, could you two research mathematics in the beginning?” They shrugged and spilt. Chanyeol headed to a computer while Jongin looked for a couple of books. “Zitao, me and you coul—” I started. “I’m out of here.” He said grabbing his backpack and disappearing behind the library doors. I sighed. Jongin come back to the table with a pile of books. “These are all the books I could find. I got some for you and Zitao to research modern math.” He said dumping the books on the table.

“These are a lot of books, Kai” I said before realizing what I said. “How’d you know my nickname?” he asked I shrugged. “Heard it from someone else.” I explained grabbing a book. “Where’s Zitao?” Kai asked I shrugged and put the book up in front of my face. He pushed the book down and looked at me. “He left after I tried to give him the instructions.” I said looking down at my lap, guilt overtaking my mind. “It’s not your fault. Tao’s just not a worker. He barely comes to class.” Chanyeol said turning in his chair to face us. I nodded trying to knock the guilty feeling I had. “Okay, now that we understand Tao, let’s get to work.” MinAh said tapping the computer screen. We all nodded. “Hwaiting!” MinYeon said “Hwaiting!” we chorus before getting back to work.

Kai and I read every book and took notes on everything we read. Telling MinAh and MinYeon every important piece of information we past. They typed everything. Chanyeol gave them his information through email. We worked until the bell rang. Then headed back to class. We took our seats. “Okay this project is due tomorrow. Group 1 will present first. Please make it interesting and memorable. This will be on the exam. Dismissed.” The class president lead us through dismissal. After a few more boring lectures, school was over. “How are we going to do this project?” MinAh asked. “We could exchange numbers.” Chanyeol said handing his phone to me. I put my number in and called my phone. The repeated for Kai. MinAh and MinYeon did the same. Then we went our separate ways.

 

—Jongin’s POV—

Me and Chanyeol waited for his ride while I waited for my cousin, she’s always the last person to leave the school. “So, hyung… HyeMin’s pretty cool. She seems like your type.” I said hoping he would disagree. “Yeah and she’s kind of cute.” He said looking at me. “What’s your point?” He asked I shook my head. “There’s no point, I’m just trying to make conversation. It was to quiet.” I said looking at the school’s entrance then back at Chanyeol. “You like her, don’t you?” he asked my heart dropped. “No.” I said frowning at him. “Yes you do. You looked pretty pissed off when I gave her my phone.” He said I thought back to that moment. *I was pissed…* I shook my head. “It wasn’t that it was because of Tao ditching us earlier.” I lied to the best of my abilities.

“Sure.” He said a car horn blew seconds later and he ran to the car. “See ya!” he said. I waved and headed into the school. I walked to the classroom to look for my cousin. “Here’s my number. Call me if you wanna study partner or just wanna hang out.” She said to someone. “Alright, but what about YeIn and her crew? Won’t they get mad at you?” The mystery girl asked. *Who is she talking to? That voice is so familiar…* I asked myself and peeked through the door. *HyeMin?* My mind was blown. YoonAh never talks to anyone YeIn doesn’t like. They hugged and YoonAh walked out of the room. “YoonAh, are you friends with HyeMin?”  I asked directly she jumped and turned towards me.

“I told you to wait for me outside!” she yelled I, for some reason, became overcome with guilt. “I’m sorry. Chanyeol left and I got bored and cold, so I came in.” I explained. She looked pissed off. “Well you should’ve stayed downstairs!” She yelled again signaling that she really was angry. “Sorry, but back to my question. Are you and HyeMin frie—” I began to asked but she cut me off. “Mind your business. C’mon.” she said walking down the stairs.  I looked in the classroom. HyeMin looked at me, she smiled and waved. I waved before leaving to follow YoonAh. 


Author's Note:

I hope you liked the third chapter of Recipe for Disaster. I'm sorry if the chapter are too long or short. I'm trying to find a way to make them the perfect length, but I don't really read many stories and stuff but I hope you liked it. If you like please subscribe. Please don't be a silent reader. Commenting will increase your karama points (Yaaaay!!) Thanks for reading my first fic!

-Author Kiarriia