First met

Kiss Goodbye

 

 

Luhan wants to be born again. For so many years he doesn’t even bother to count, Luhan wish someday he can be born to be human again, not being like this, in the place like…this. He keeps being trapped in this under-world, doing something he doesn’t want to, and being something he doesn’t like. Luhan, is a devil.

The human Luhan was dead, for years, but the soul can’t transcendence, Luhan can’t be living again, unless he has done his mission.

The mission which is given to every normal devil in this under-world called hell is very simple. Every devil has to take a soul from the upper-world and brings the new soul back here. Some devils find this easy, but some don’t. Luhan is one of the devils that doesn’t find this mission easy.

Because basically if a devil wants to take a human’s soul, a kiss should be given to that human, on the lips.

Just even think about it, Luhan wants to vomit, really.

For several times, Luhan always failed on his missions. He felt so awkward when he was about to kiss the lips, because they were all strangers, Luhan couldn’t kiss a stranger. That’s why he thinks his fate is being here forever, never can be born again, never start a new life again.

Until that day.

 

 

“What? Another mission?” Luhan almost shouted at the man sitting behind the big table.

“Yes. Don’t you want to be human again? You’ve stayed here for too long already, even I’m tired of seeing your face everyday.”, Devil No.1, who is almost becoming the boss of all devils here waiting for their missions to become human again, named Kris, said in such caring voice.

“But you know that I can’t do it. After all time I’ve done many missions like this already and it’s just failed failed failed. Is it wrong for me to stay here? It’s you guys who keep me staying here! Why you have to do this to me? Ain’t there any other mission? Or any other way to take a human’s soul? Kissing is bull.” Luhan seemed angry, out of control but he never can talk to Kris without staring at Kris’ black huge wings. So enormous, so flawless. Luhan wants those wings, but he knows he has to work harder if he really wants it.

How can he work hard even if he can’t do the small mission like this?

“Sadly, no.”

“Then for God sakes why you keep on asking me to do this? You know I can’t do this Kris, I can’t.”

“You must. Try harder, you are not belong to any exception. And I think this time maybe you can be success.

Luhan sighed. He’s tired of being a devil in hell, but it’s better than go out there, killing people with just a kiss.

Sounds so evil.

“Whatever. Then give me details, boss.” Luhan finally accepted the order with a sight of disagreement. But well Kris doesn’t mind about it, he’s used to it already.

“OK. Nation: Seoul, Korea. Name: Kim Minseok. Age: 23. Address: XYZ Building – Seoul.”, Kris is reading from one of his many papers on his big table.

“23? He’s at my age when I was dead too. How nice.” Luhan smirked. “Why he has to die at the early age like that? Not because of being unfaithful like me?”

“This man loves his life, but he doesn’t deserve this life, it’s time to go for him. And Luhan, you have 2 weeks to finish this whole mess, don’t forget the deadline, and don’t make me angry too.”

“Can I end it now?”

“Stop being ridiculous and start your mission now. The sooner the better.”

Luhan flies out, giggling. It’s time to go. Well, to travel around. Hope this one isn’t that bad like before. Kim Minseok.

 

 

Minseok, is a play boy.

Not in a negative way, but Minseok is really a play-boy. He’s an orphan now living by his own in a small house in Seoul. He goes to bar every night to “make” money by comforting the girls, and also the boys.

Minseok thinks it’s fine, just some nonsense words, and some stupid flirting over each others can make him feel better and grow him up, then, why not?

Sometimes he wish his life wouldn’t be like this, but who can change it now? No one, even God.

After a hard working night, Minseok went back home, a little bit drunk, with money fulled his pocket. He’s singing an old love song, which makes him feel better every time he’s exhausted. Entering the house, Minseok lies right down to the cough, he can feel the room is spinning around and around, he can’t focus on anything, his head hurts so bad, all he knows is that he did see something over there, at the corner of the room.

But he’s not sure what it is. Cause it’s so dark, and huge, and plus the room is spinning, too.

It smells dangerous. And it’s coming right to Minseok’s cough, where he’s lying. So close, Minseok thinks he’s gonna be killed, but he even can’t make any scream out. He’s too tired.

Also something inside Minseok is coming up too, so fast. He can feel it inside his stomach, yelling and making some weird sound, but he doesn’t know how to control it.

“Owwwww…..”

“Damn it what the hell is happening to you? My wings could be dirty and it’s really hard to be washed up you know? You smells so awful.”

It can talk? It’s even complaining about something… wings?

And why its voice is so sweet and warm?

But, what is it?

“Hey wake up dude! You’ve gotta clean this whole mess that came from your mouth! It’s on my shoes no way smells so terrible what did you have for dinner today?”

“I wanna sleep… Shut…up…” Minseok turns around, let his back faces that talking thing. Whatever it is, Minseok wants to sleep more.

“Hey I’m not here to tell jokes. I have some special news for you, that may change your life forever.” It shakes Minseok’s shoulders real strong, wakes him up from his best dream.

“I don’t care, OK? Keep it yourself.” Minseok pushed away his back so that “it” can’t touch him any longer.

“You will be dead in 2 more weeks, congratulations! You should prepare yourself!”

“Are you some kind of predictor? What are you doing in my house? Get out. I’m tired and pissed off already.” Minseok turns around, maybe he has to punch it to the face or he will be exploded if it keeps on talking.

“And I can kill you now if I want, it’s my mission, you know.”

“Your what?” This time, Minseok opened his eyes. And the thing in front of him is miracle, maybe. Beautiful face, gorgeous eyes, and perfect smile. And, there are wings. Black wings, behind that one’s back.

Halloween comes sooner thatn epxect? It’s just April!

And what has this man just said?

“Mission. I have to take your soul. So keep sleeping, I will do it so quick that you can’t even feel any pain.”

“What?… You are…. CRAZY. You are CRAZY!!!!! I will call the police, I will make them arrest you, crazy man! You should prepare yourself, for those stupid things you’ve just said!” Minseok tried to calm himself but he knows he can’t since he keeps finding his cell phone in his bag while it’s in his pocket. Minseok feels so scared suddenly as that man doesn’t show any fear out, he doesn’t even scare of the police maybe?

Well, then this guy must come from a nearby mental hospital.

 

 

 

 

“Sir, good evening. Can I help you?” The man at the door asked after watching around the whole room and finally ended up looking at little Minseok. There are also about four men standing behind him.

All are so tall, and looks so strong, and strict, too. Policemen!

“No!” Minseok points right to the place where that weird guy who Minseok thinks crazy is standing, with a satisfied face ever. “Please arrest that guy, he’s threatened to kill me tonight, I think he escaped from his hospital you should find him back to his home.”

“Man, are you sure about this?” The policeman suddenly asked back.

“What? Why I have to be unsure about this? Look at him! Doesn’t he look weird to you? He has wings gosh!!”

The policemen laughed as hard as they can, like they’ve never laughed before.

“Hey young kid, I’m gonna arrest you first. Stop saying those and go to bed with your mama. Plus no more alcohol again or I will punish you, I mean it. Got me?”

“But??!! What???!!!”

“No but. Good night.” They left with laughter still be heard over again.

The men left, and Minseok keeps staring at the closed door, and then turn around to face with the guy, moves his hands all over with a really-not-OK-face.

“Can you just, explain?! What the hell are you? Why they said like that? Are you their boss?”

“Calm down.” The guy moves slowly towards Minseok, his wings stay still behind his back, and Minseok can’t help but keep staring, eyes open as big as they can. Can’t deny it, those wings are real, looks so smooth and perfect. This is even not a human.

Or even not just a thing!

“First of all, my name is Luhan. I’m not a human, I’m dead already, then turned into a devil, as you can see now. The wings, they are real.” The guy, Luhan, points at his wings. “Second, only those who are closed to their death can see me, not everyone can.”

The atmosphere turns to silence for a little while.

“So, this means… I’m closed to my death…?” Minseok couldn’t believe in any single words that have just come out from his mouth.

“Yes, obviously. It’s awesome how you are absolutely drunk but still can get what I mean so fast like that.”

“OK. OK. What did you say? What? WHAT? WHAT??????” Minseok screamed as loud as he can, finally. His hands feel so cold suddenly and shaking unstoppable, his face got deep into fear, turning to green, or blue, maybe.

“Don’t be so shocked. Everyone has to die, not one can live forever, just who sooner and who later, that’s all. I was dead when I was at your age too.”

“But…Why?! I didn’t do anything illegally. Well almost, but I didn’t cheat on anyone, steal any money! I’m just living my own life is that guilty?!!”

“I don’t know.” Luhan stares at Minseok.”I only know that my mission is to take your soul, by a kiss.”

Minseok, once again got shocked in just about some minutes.

“What the hell are you talking about??!!!”

“It’s so clear already, I have to kill you, by a kiss.” Luhan explained.

“Who said I’m going to kiss you?? Look at you, I mean… I’m saving my first kiss to someone special and you aren’t worth for it!!!” Minseok almost cried, why he is saying such thing like this? The problem he should care about is his dead coming so close, not, kissing or Luhan.

“Sorry there’s no way else I have to take your kiss I think, or you can find a girlfriend in this two weeks, kiss her, and then go back here prepare to die. It’s the best solution.”

“It doesn’t solve anything at all! You, go out, get out of my life! GO OUT!”

“Don’t make me angry like I’m begging for your kiss, like I really mean that.” Luhan feels so funny, why he has to argue with someone like Minseok, why he has to do this? Well, he can tell that Minseok’s lips look really attractive, but it doesn’t mean Luhan wants a kiss. Never.

“Then why are we still talking you can leave now, please!” Minseok pointed out at the door. “Just, go back to your place, wherever.”

“I can’t. I can’t stay too far from you, about 15 meters are maximum. I even don’t know why there are such rules like this exist.” Luhan sighed and once again lays his head to the back of the cough. “I have to do so if I want to be alive again…”

Minseok keeps himself in silence, then tears start to fall down a little bit.

“I don’t know why, but I’m not ready to go…”

Luhan looks at Minseok. Poor this guy. Luhan has met many people in Minseok’s situation before, but never feels the same way like now he’s watching Minseok.

This will end soon, just like before, no exception. Remember it. No exception.