Numero tujuh

T h e C o n d e m n e d

~Chapter seven

Nova and Seunghyun

 

Nova's P.O.V

I've been walking around these halls and checking the classrooms with Seunghyun Oppa and in that time we've come across approximately 37 corpses. I can't say I'm disgusted, 'cause I'm not, but Seunghyun Oppa turned a light shade of green every time we saw a particularly gruesome cadaver. Honestly I'm more fascinated at how they died, because I've seen some corpses with rather interesting injuries: one corpse had half of it's head missing, it seemed to have been ripped off, another corpse had looked like it had been flayed and it looked very excruciating indeed, a different corpse looked like it was hung, drawn and quartered, which is another brutal and terribly agonizing death, how that happened in a school, I don't know.

But what I want to know is how they got like that, who did that? What did that?

Anyway, Seunghyun Oppa and I stopped in our tracks when we heard a school bell ring, I looked up at him with confusion written on my face, he gave me the same expression and shrugged. I jerked slightly when I heard the intercom sound.

Attention students of Heavenly Host Elementary School, this is the final bell. Any students still on the premises will be imprisoned here.

A chill ran down my spine as the intercom clicked off. 

God that was creepy, we should get out of here soon...so I can see Amber...

~~~

I wonder how she is...I hope she's okay...

"Oppa..." I started, staring straight ahead. He looked at me. "Do you think we'll ever be able to leave this place?" I asked, my voice laced with a hint on hope. He sighed. "I'm not gunna lie baby girl. I don't think so. Not the way that it looks." He answered grimly.

I whimpered.

That means I'll never get to see Amber again...

The thought made me stop walking, my bottom lip trembled as tears started to flow from my eyes and down my cheeks. I swallowed and closed my eyes.

Amber...

"Nova?" Seughyun Oppa called out, coming to stand in front of me. I hugged him tight and started to sob into his chest. I could tell that he was surprised as he slowly wrapped his arms around me. "O-oppa, I-I-I'll never g-get to see A-Amber a-again." I hiccuped into his shirt. He my hair. "Shhh, it's okay. I'm sure she was a good friend." He whispered, kissing the top of my head. I squeezed him tighter. "Oppa, y-you don't u-understand...S-she- I-I like her more than that." I said as I slowly stopped crying. Seunghyun Oppa pulled away and looked down at me, confusion painted his face. 

"I love Amber." I said quietly, but because of the deafening silence, my words echoed through the halls. 

I didn't want to meet his eyes, so I just stared at the floor. Knowing Seunghyun Oppa, he's probably think about what to say to me.

Is he angry? Is he disgusted? Does he hate me now?

He patted my head and I looked up at him, to find him smiling. It was a real smile, it reached his eyes.

"Well, you can't choose who you love baby girl."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Short chapter, not particularly intersting, but there you go. Nova loves Amber.

Check out my new fic! 

Seoul Mates

Anyway as always.

Much love <3