.

Reasons Why I Love Him

The music was so loud I could barely hear myself think. Sujin and I were in the student cafe, in a discreet corner where Sujin could bounce in her seat along with the beat and comically mime along to the music. She held her fist to her face like it was an imaginary microphone.

“You’re crazy,” I said whilst shaking my head. There was a huge grin on her face and she still continued doing weird movements with her harms.

“I should be over all the butterflies, but I’m in to you,” Sujin sang, pointing a finger at me. I chuckled, looking around in an exaggerating manner, in case someone saw me with this crazy person.

“Oh my god, stop before I leave you here alone,” I threatened. Sujin stopped but there was still quite mumbling under her breath we waited for our order to come back. A tall figure walked over behind Sujin, “Nice moves.”

I snorted with laughter as Sujin jumped, a blush forming across her cheeks as her boyfriend settled next to her in cushioned chair. Great, I was going to be the third wheel again. They greeted each other just like they always do; so sweet and depressing for me to watch.

“What are you doing here?” Sujin asked.

Kris nodded his head to the counter behind us all, “Chanyeol and I were passing by.”

My ears were on alert the second I heard his name. I straightened up, feeling conscious and tried to look normal.

“Oh really?” Sujin raised an eyebrow and glanced in my direction, “Well, call him over.”

Chanyeol was stood by the checkout counter, getting his order. I glared at Sujin who was silently laughing as Kris called him to our table. Chanyeol had this huge grin on his face. It could set free a swarm of butterflies in my stomach, light up the entire room and power enough energy for a whole city.

“Chanyeol, you remember Sujin and Miyoung?” Kris enquired. Chanyeol nodded enthusiastically, “Yeah”

Sujin and Kris immersed themselves into a conversation that was clearly between the two of them only. I looked hesitantly to my side where Chanyeol sat, sipping on a straw. Sujin caught my eyes and she furrowed her brows and gestured to Chanyeol next to me.

‘Talk to him’ she mouthed to me. I gave her a distressed look. What on Earth would I say to him?

I cleared my throat, causing him to look at me, “Hi.”

I was sobbing internally. Was that all I could muster up?

Chanyeol nodded in response, his lips pursed cutely making his cheeks puff out a bit more.

“So, what are you majoring in?” I asked, trying to get more out of him. If all is lost in a conversation, you should always have school related topics as a backup.

“Astronomy.”

I perked up a bit more, smiling in interest, “Really? What do you have to do?”

Chanyeol shrugged, “Learn stuff.”

I slouched back into my seat, feeling it would serve my heart a lot better if I just stopped trying. He obviously didn’t want to talk to me so why make an effort?

Sujin caught my attention, cunningly looking at her wrist, “Hey is that the time?”

“You’re not wearing a wristwatch,” I commented, giving her a playful stink eye.

The back of Sujin’s hand slapped against Kris’ chest, “Don’t we have that thing to go to?”

Kris rubbed the spot where he had been abused and frowned, “Thing? What thing?”

Sujin looked at him long and hard until he got some telepathic message. His face feigned fake recognition, “Oh that thing! Sorry Chanyeol, we’ve got to go, but hey, Miyoung will keep you company, won’t you?”

I chuckled nervously and said through clenched teeth, “Of course.”

The couple left quickly, glancing back at us before they slipped out of the student cafe.

 Yeah, really subtle.

“Do you want to order anything?” I asked, unsure if I should have the second the words left my mouth. Chanyeol still gave me the same cold shoulder and shrugged, “Nah.”

I huffed in annoyance and stood up abruptly, grabbing a hold of my things. I turned to look at him; he had a bewildered look on his face.

“If you don’t want to be in my presence then you could have said and just left.” I scolded, “But never mind, I’ll be leaving first.”

I spun on my heel and marched out of the cafe, not looking back. He could really make a person feel horrible. And here I thought he was actually someone nice. All those times I had seen him with his friends, he was at the heart of the conversation, making everyone laugh. Yet, he had nothing to say to me. Maybe he isn't the person I thought he was. 

I paused. Somebody was calling my name.

"Miyoung! Wait!"

I turned to the source of the voice and frowned at the sight of Chanyeol, jogging over to me. Once he reached me, he inhaled deeply, "You walk really fast."

I rolled my eyes and turned back again to continue walking. But I was held back. Chanyeol grabbed a hold of my arm and demanded my full attention.

"I'm sorry, let me make it up to you." Chanyeol offered. Without waiting for my response, he pulled me across the road. My cheeks were on fire as I suddenly was aware of his larger hand enveloped in mine. We reached the entrance of an arcade.

Chanyeol looked over to me; his face was decorated in a boyish grin. His eyes flicked down to our hands and his let go, his face flushed as pink as mine. He cleared his throat and wore a more sheepish smile.

"Well come on then," I said, to ease the awkwardness, "You've got some making up to do."

We weaved in and out, looking at the different games. We settled on a racing on first. As I was about to put a coin in to get it started, Chanyeol beat me to it.

"I could have paid myself," I protested.

"I'm meant to be making it up to you," he said. 

"Fine, but be ready to lose," I replied, smiling back at him. He scoffed lightly, "I think you're mistaken, you'll be the one losing."

The game started and we both were steering the makeshift steering wheel. Much to my annoyance, Chanyeol was winning. His car had just zoomed past mine.

"Hey no fair! Slow down and let me win!" I cried, trying to catch up. 

Chanyeol laughed, resulting to an uneasy churning in my stomach.

"Not on your life." he chuckled. I huffed before a cunning plan came to mind. One arm reached out in front of his vision so he couldn't see the screen.

"Miyoung! You're cheating!" Chanyeol yelled, as he tried to move his head to see the screen better. I laughed to myself, keeping an eye on my own screen. I could see his car coming up and it was swerving all over the road.

"Oops, my arm slipped!" I defended, "Yay, I'm winning!"

I pulled my arm back the second I passed the finish line. I jumped up, arms in the year, "I won!"

"You cheated!" Chanyeol pouted. I stuck my tongue out at him and looked around for the next spot.

"Hey," Chanyeol called, "Let's play this one."

He was walking over to a small booth-like enclosed capsule with seats inside. We slid inside to reveal an control panel and swivelling guns pointed at a large screen.  It looked like a zombie killing game.

Chanyeol slipped in the right amount of coins to get the game started. This time we had to work together to kill our targets.

It was eerily quiet at the beginning.

There was a sudden horrific scream as a zombie came into view. I yelped, leaned further into my seat. An eruption of laughter came from Chanyeol as he pointed his gun at the zombie and destroyed, "Don't worry, I'll protect you"

I snorted in annoyance and grabbed a hold of my gun and got to killing the zombies.


Chanyeol and I were walking down the streets that lead to my house.

"You should have seen your face," he rambled, "I should have taken a picture!"

"It can't have been that bad," I whined. Chanyeol still laughed, "Oh but it was."

We reached my house and things got quiet between us. I had to ask him. The thought was just eating me away.

"Why were you so detached in the cafe?" I asked softly. The smile on his face faded slowly and a red blush crept up his neck and face.

"Er well...about that," Chanyeol sighed, "I didn't want you to think I was stupid."

My brows creased in confusion, "What do you mean?" 

"Sometimes when I speak, it’s a never ending word vomit. I say the stupidest things and I didn't want you to laugh at me," he explained reluctantly.

I giggled under my breath, "But that's one of the reasons I like you silly."

Chanyeol's face lighted up, "You like me?"

"Huh? What now?"

His grin spread and was infectious, “I like you too.”

My eyes widened and for once I couldn’t think of anything to say. Chanyeol laughed at my reaction, leaned over and pressed his lips against me cheeks. It was safe to say that I probably resembling a tomato right now.

“I’ll see you around Miyoung.”

“Mhm,” I managed to squeak. He walked down my street, turning back to wave, and then he was gone. I raced into my house so I could tell Sujin everything.


 

 

I hope it's alright... 

=/

I don't know...what do you think??

 

 

Thank you for subscribing! :DD ANd reading!! THAANK YOUUU!!!

tumblr_mqtapdCOVn1qdjtnfo2_r1_250.gif