Goodbye and Hello

When Love Comes To Play

 

          “Darn it! I think I’m just going in circles here!” So Min was starting to get anxious but thought better of it.

          “Well, I just have to keep moving forward now, right?” She’s starting to regret coming alone. She wished she had asked a friend to come with her but she thinks this journey should be a solemn matter between her and her parents.

          “Basically, I’ll get there one way or another,” she laughed with uncertainty, humming a tune to get rid of anxiety.

          She continued walking along the trail until she reached a familiar bridge. “This was where Dad proposed marriage to Mom,” she thought. She decided to take a photo of herself and of the surroundings then continued on with her hike.  

_____________

          Hyun Joong was almost at Seoraksan’s peak. He was getting tired from all the walking and decided to rest for a bit. He found a nice shady spot a few meters from the main trail overlooking a small waterfall. After a few snapshots, he settled himself and closed his eyes.

“This is the life!” he sighed as he listens to nature’s music.

_____________  

          She had finally reached the top of the rocky mountain. She couldn’t believe the striking and colorful sceneries she’s seeing.

          “This is amazing…” she breathed.

          In the midst of her enchantment, she remembered why she came there and what she must do. She carefully placed down her backpack and walking stick and took out the wooden box that contains the urns of her parents.

          “Mom, Dad, you’re finally here…just as you wished.” she smiled sadly.

          She uttered a silent prayer for their souls and prepared . She checked the direction of the wind and started to cast her parents’ ashes downwind unselfishly releasing them to their beloved place forever. She let the gush of wind scatter the ashes around the mountain forming a whitish grey cloud.

          “Goodbye Mom! Goodbye Dad!” she cried out sadly and the tears uncontrollably flowed down from her eyes.

_____________

          Hyun Joong couldn’t remember falling asleep but he was suddenly awakened by sounds of weeping that sent goosebumps and chills through his spine. It was almost sun down. He immediately stood up and noticed some traces of ashes on his clothes, his hair, on the bushes, and even on his face.

          “Ugghh…ash fall?!” he asked himself thinking of possible danger. “It’s impossible!”

          He disgustedly brushed off the ashes and grabbed his bag. He heard the eerie sound again and the birds suddenly flew out of the trees which startled him for a second. He started to hesitate but curiosity won over fear; he decided to follow where the sound is coming from.

          As he nears the top of the mountain, the eerie sounds grew louder and clearer. It was already pitch dark and he couldn’t see anything so he tried to pull out his flashlight. The sound became louder and louder until he bumped his head and fell over on top of something.

          “OW!” he exclaimed.

          He quickly the flashlight and all the blood drained from his face when he saw a woman with long hair and wide grief-stricken eyes just a few inches from his face. He was lying on top of her.

          “AAAAAAARRGGGGGGGHHHH!!!!!” they screamed at each other simultaneously as they tried to move back away from each other.

          Hyun Joong pointed the flashlight right at her face. “Wh-wh-who are you?!?! he said shakily trying to calm his fast-beating heart. "W-w what--!” 

        Before he could continue, in panic, she grabbed her walking stick and tried to whack him accidentally hitting him on his head.

         “ERT!!!!” 

 

 

**Sorry for the late update.. I can't seem to get the hang of writing stories.. I really appreciate those who subscribed and gave me advices. THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!! I will try to update fast.. and fix the descriptions foreword in the future.. ^^ I would love to hear your point of views... pls comment.. ^^