Seoraksan

When Love Comes To Play

 

                The first streaks of dawn are slowly spreading like wildfire across the pristine sky. Jung So Min suddenly woke up just a few seconds before her alarm clock beeped its way to oblivion. As if in a rush, she bolted into the bathroom and took a bath. With everything prepared, she secured her beanie on top of her hair and stared at herself in the mirror.

               “Today’s finally it!” she said, somewhat dreading the inevitable.

                “Busy day. Busy streets. Busy people. Busy me except for the next two weeks! Finally!”  he mused as he settles himself comfortably inside the bus on his way to a much needed vacation away from his hectic and stressful life. As soon as the bus trailed off, he readied his dSLR camera, flip camcorder, checked his numerous back-up batteries, and eagerly anticipated the picturesque views along the way. A rising news anchor at the age of 28, Kim Hyun Joong is a photographer and nature-lover by heart. Once every six months, it has been his life’s duty to travel not just to escape from work but to feed his insatiable hunger for sceneries and adventure.

                Usually, he prefers to travel abroad and discover exotic scenic spots but due to his busy schedule he opted to check out the local sceneries instead. He was not disappointed. He’s glad to have come to the Gangwon province. The panoramic view of Seoraksan came to sight and Hyun Joong can’t help himself but capture the beauty its image exudes. “It’s beautiful!” he whispered.

                “It’s beautiful!” So Min exclaimed as she got out of her pick-up truck and eyed the natural artistry of the mountain and its surroundings. “No wonder my parents loved it here. I haven’t even started the hike yet I can feel the place’s promising beauty” she said admiring the view.

                 Carrying a box on her left arm and pulling her luggage with her right, she went straight to the inn where she made her reservations. Inside her room, she took out a photo frame and placed it on her bedside table beside a wooden box.

                “Mom, Dad, we’re finally here!” she said teary-eyed.

                 She had always heard of wonderful things about Seoraksan from her parents. It was where they first met; fell in love, first kissed, and sadly also where they died from a terrible car accident. After that, she had no other choice but to look after herself. Working hard and religiously studying at the same time, So Min was able to finish her education on her own. Now at 25, she has persevered really hard to get to where she is, doing what she does best besides getting lost - - writing.

                 It was an unfulfilled promise, one that she has been putting off for years. A promise that one day, she’ll bring them back to Seoraksan and forever let them be one with the special place they had loved the most. For that, armored with her backpack where she placed her parents’ urns and other deemed necessities she set off to the forest.

                “Darn it! I think I’m just going in circles here!”

 

Note: It's still nothing much really... i still don't know what to make of this story.. ^^