02

Sungyeol the Little Mermaid

To Myungsoo’s dismay and Sungyeol’s relief, rehearsal two days later proceeded onto a scene in the beginning of the play, where Scuttle the seagull told Ariel fascinating yet misleading stories of humans.  Woohyun looked somewhat ridiculous, flapping his arms and walking like an awkward bird as he interacted with Sungyeol.

 

However, Woohyun and Sungyeol, being complete dorks when put together, ended up giggling and started mischievously groping each other.

 

Sunggyu became irritated at the sight and screamed at them, “Take things seriously!”

 

Myungsoo was definitely not amused.  In fact, he was rather bitter that Sungyeol was having so much fun with that fool.  After all, Sungyeol was his Ariel.

 

Woohyun and Sungyeol ran through that scene over and over again.  And Myungsoo’s glares became darker and darker.

 

---

 

Lee Sungjong was glad that he was finally able to showcase his talent as Ursula in the third rehearsal.  He hated how ugly his character was, but luckily it gave him the chance to be close to Myungsoo.  And fortunately for him, his first scene with said hottie was one where his character used Ariel’s voice and enchanted the prince.  He hoped his performance would charm the actor in reality as well.

 

This Sungjong has some chemistry with Myungsoo

 

This disheartening thought clouded Sungyeol’s mind.

 

---

 

Sungjong followed Myungsoo, who was heading home.  Once Sungjong noticed they were out of earshot, he ran up to Myungsoo.

 

He bravely expressed his feelings towards Myungsoo, but the response that came after shattered his heart.

 

“I’m sorry, but I don’t feel the same way as you.”  Myungsoo sent him an apologetic look and with that, slowly went on his way home.

 

‘I don’t feel the same way’… ‘Don’t feel the same’… ‘I’m sorry’…

 

Myungsoo’s words kept repeating in Sungjong’s head, but he blinked his tears away and yelled after the man’s faint silhouette, “I am determined to get what I want!”

 

Myungsoo didn’t hear Sungjong’s declaration.

 

---

 

Myungsoo was aggravated that he did not get to practice again on the “Kiss the Girl” scene for many rehearsals, but he finally had his desire satiated.  And this time, he got to apply the new changes made to the scene, as approved by Sunggyu.

 

“Alright, we will play up the romantic element in this scene by having Prince Eric feather kisses on Ariel’s collarbone, up to her neck, but stopped by Flotsam and Jetsam right before the prince plants a kiss on the mermaid’s lips.  Got that?  Places, everyone!”

 

Hoya was shocked by such alterations, though he cheered inwardly for the opportunity for Sungyeol to do something about Sungyeol’s little crush.  He glanced to his left, finding his eel partner grinning widely. 

 

“What are you so happy about?”

 

Dongwoo laughed goofily (happy for his friend, as Myungsoo’s plan finally reeled into action) and flashed a little smile.

 

Hoya turned away, his cheeks reddening.

 

Meanwhile, Sungyeol’s heart was about to explode.  This was not what he signed up for!  If he were to really go through with that with Myungsoo, he would surely faint…

 

As Sungyeol was about to protest about the sudden adjustments to the script, another hand shot up.

 

“I don’t think such details are appropriate for such an innocent Disney play,” Sungjong quickly disputed.

 

“But this is high school!”  A voice called out from the cast.

 

Sunggyu contemplated and asked if anyone else had objections.  Sungyeol slightly raised his hand but such small gesture was unseen by the director.  Not that it really mattered, to be honest, as no one else had cared to disagree with Sunggyu’s modifications.

 

Sungyeol took his place on the set and anxiously remained rooted to his spot as Myungsoo strided on the stage.  Sungyeol wondered if Myungsoo was a good kisser.  Myungsoo’s lips were quite full, not to mention that cupid’s bow was to die for.  Focus!  You don’t want to look foolish in front of him, Sungyeol reminded himself.  He did not want a repeat of that dreadful first rehearsal.

 

But those reminders were rendered useless when Myungsoo worked his magical lips on Sungyeol’s collar.  As Myungsoo’s mouth trekked up to Sungyeol’s neck, Sungyeol let out the slightest gasp.  No one had ventured in that area before, and this experimental practice for the play showed Sungyeol just how amazing it felt when lips were planted on that region, right below his left ear.  Luckily, the little gasp he had made was so soft that the others didn’t hear it.

 

Except for Myungsoo.  The sound that involuntarily came out of Sungyeol’s lips had Myungsoo feeling adrenaline course through his body.  It was almost , doing such deed in public.  He wanted Sungyeol.  He wanted him bad.

 

When Myungsoo’s face leveled with Sungyeol’s, Myungsoo gave his deepest gaze and locked eyes with his partner.  Sungyeol’s expression wavered a little, but he forced himself to maintain the eye contact between the two of them.

 

“Good! That’s the chemistry I want for the play!  This is going to be magnificent,” Sunggyu beamed.

 

As the rehearsal continued on (Myungsoo honestly didn’t care to pay attention since it didn’t involve Sungyeol and him lip-smacking), he devised another great plan to make more out of that intimate scene.

 

Myungsoo followed Sungyeol as the latter exited the theater at the end of rehearsal.

 

---

 

“Hey Ariel!”

 

Sungyeol swiveled around, seeing Myungsoo trailing after him.

 

“What do you want, Prince Eric?”

 

Myungsoo smiled.  He then explained why he had called for Sungyeol.

 

“I feel like we’re still lacking a little something.  I think we should practice some more outside of rehearsal, don’t you think?”

 

“P-practice?”

 

“Yeah, are you free right now?”

 

“I.. uh.. I’m..”

 

“Okay let’s go then.”  And, with that, Myungsoo grabbed Sungyeol’s hand and dragged him towards the school exit and onto the streets.

 

He interlaced our hands.  Sungyeol noticed the warmth radiating from Myungsoo’s palm, but that momentary happiness stopped when Sungyeol reasoned that perhaps Myungsoo had not meant to initiate that gesture.  Sungyeol could not help but hope to be able to come in such close contact again.

 

Myungsoo pulled Sungyeol into a local coffee shop and chose a secluded spot.  Myungsoo then pulled out his script from his backpack and pointed to the newly revised part, stating that they should start from there.

 

Sungyeol attempted to push off this extra intimate practice but eventually gave in to Myungsoo’s request.  I mean, how bad could it be? He doesn’t actually kiss me on the lips.

 

Myungsoo, though, had other plans in mind.  He lingered extra long on Sungyeol’s neck, knowing the reaction he would get from doing so.  And Sungyeol struggled for breath at the added attention to that spot.

 

Myungsoo decided to further improvise, as Sunggyu was not there to supervise, and planted his lips fully on Sungyeol.

 

What the hell!  Sungyeol was shocked at Myungsoo’s action, not knowing if he should follow his heart or hold himself back.

 

Myungsoo tried to coax a reaction from the other male, and said other male eventually gave in to the temptation of Myungsoo’s lips.

 

Their lips molded perfectly, filled with fervor.  And that continued on for a half hour.

 

Eventually, their mouths had to separate, as Myungsoo had to head to work a couple blocks down at a camera store.  But he left with a promise of more “practices” in the future.

 

Sungyeol remained in his seat, still dazed at what had happened earlier.  He noticed that Myungsoo’s script still remained on the table.  He picked up the script and placed it inside his school bag.

 

“Well, I can always just give it to him at our next meet-up,” Sungyeol whispered to himself with a smile.

 

 

~~~

A/N: Hope you guys enjoyed this longer update!  I love Sungjong and didn’t mean to use him as the character he portrayed, but I couldn’t think of anyone else… so yeah :/  And it worked out as I wanted to include him in the story :)