Chapter Five

Faithful Meeting [HIATUS]

“Yun Hee! When are you going to wake up!” I groaned as my mom woke me up. “I need to be at school at ten! Please let me sleep for a little while,” I pleaded. I still opened my eyes, though, and when I did, I immediately jumped out of bed. “You couldn’t wake me up half an hour earlier, could you!” I yelled at my mom. It was half past nine, so I rushed out of my room and nearly bumped into Key. “Woah! Why the hurry, sis?” “No need to talk, only half an hour left to get to school!” I said as I reached the bathroom. “So? I’m driving you anyway. Mom doesn’t want you to walk to school all alone on your first day of school,” he said. “Sure,” I replied. I closed the door and started to get ready for school. Now I love my brother, but letting him see me is a no-go.

When I was finished I hurriedly ran down the stairs. “Here’s your breakfast. Now go, Kibum is already waiting for you in the car,” my mom said. “Thanks mom! Oh and by the way, I’m perfectly capable of walking to school by myself and Kibum wants to be called Key. You know that. Bye!” I said as I walked out the door. My mom had the tendency to throw a fit when it came to talking about Kibum wanting to be called Key.

 

At first we drove in silence, but as we got closer to my new school, I got nervous. Which resulted in me talking. A lot. And very fast. I didn’t stop talking until I felt a hand on my shoulder. “You don’t have to be nervous, you know. I’ve switched schools before and really, there isn’t much to fear. The worst thing that can happen is that you fall head over heels and that the guy doesn’t like you back. Or, if you like them better, a girl,” Key joked. I slapped him in response. “You know I have no problem with gay people, but just because it’s been a long time since I liked a guy, doesn’t mean that I like girls,” I said. ‘But thanks, you made me feel a whole lot better,” I told him with a smile and gave him a hug as I got out of the car. As I made my way towards the building, I couldn’t help but notice the stares some students were giving me. I tried not to pay much attention to it. I was the new girl, after all. Nothing could ruin my good mood that day.

 

At least, that’s what I thought before I walked into my classroom. There he was, talking with his friends. The one person I hoped to never ever see him again. The guy from the gang that was after me. I nervously scanned my eyes though the room, hoping to find Seohyun. However, no matter where I looked, I couldn’t find her. I did see some friendly looking faces, but I decided not to let looks betray me. I mean, some of the guys of the gang looked friendly, but boy did I know better. No one noticed me yet, luckily. As much as I wanted to sit down at a random desk to prevent the scary guy from noticing me, I knew I couldn’t until the teacher introduced me and gave me a seat. I watched as people were catching up with friends, or how some people already looked bored. Needless to say, it was a total chaos until the teacher came in. “Everybody quiet!” he yelled, making everyone retreat to their respective seats and focusing their attention on the teacher. Or should I say, they were supposed to pay attention to the teacher but noticed the person next to him and directed their attention to that person and thus, to me. How I hated this. I always hated getting a lot of attention, but now, I just wished I could fly away to avoid the gaze of some people who didn’t look all too happy to see me.

“Hello everyone, I hope you all had a nice break. I would like to introduce you to your new classmate. She came here from Incheon, but is originally from the United States. Please make sure she’ll feel at home here,” he spoke to the class. Then he turned to me. “As for you, you can sit next to Lee Amy. She’s over there,” he pointed and I saw a girl smiling and waving. I went to sit next to her and introduced myself. “Hello, I’m Kim Yun Hee,” I said and held out my hand. “Name’s Lee Amy,” she said as she shook my hand. “I’m from the States too and I know we’re in Korea and all, but can we please speak English when it’s just us? I kind of feel the need to finally speak English with someone. Also, if you ever need anything, feel free to ask me and you are so going to sit with me during lunch,” she enthusiastically said. “Sure, on both things,” I replied. Something about this girl made me happy. Perhaps because she kind of already accepted me as a friend. “By the way, call me Ailee.”.

 

“Oh? Seohyun?” I questioned as Amy approached a table where a familiar face was. Two to be precise. “You two know each other?” Ailee asked as she sat down and motioned me to sit next to her. “Yeah, we used to spend every day together when we were kids,” Seohyun said to which I nodded. “Okay you need to tell me everything about that later but right now, I’m going to introduce you to everyone. You guys better be nice to her because from now on, she’s our friend,” Ailee said while the rest nodded with friendly smiles. “Okay, so this is Kwak Aron, he’s from the States, just like us, Kim Jonghyun, but we all call him JR. He told us to. No idea why, but it’s kinda very convenient since the fella next to him is another Kim Jonghyun. That’s Yoonjo and next to her is Seohyun but you already know her and because of that, I assume you also already know Kyuhyun?” she said in English, making me and Aron laugh since the others looked like they didn’t understand a lot of what Ailee was saying. “Yeah, I know Kyuhyun,” I said in Korean. The rest of our break we talked about me, the States and school.

“How’s your class?” JR asked. “Oh please, we have that Kris guy and with him, half of the EXO gang,” Ailee said while rolling her eyes, causing Seohyun and Kyuhyun to stiffen. “Don’t worry, as long as you don’t pay attention to them, they’ll leave you alone,” Jonghyun said. “Well, that’s kind of the problem. I-“ “Look who I found, guys,” I suddenly heard a voice say, causing me to freeze and panic. They wouldn’t hurt me on school grounds, would they? “It’s the little who ruined our bikes. We still expect you to repay us in some way or another,” the guy, apparently Kris, said while grabbing my wrist and pulling me out of her chair. The boys of my table stood up with warning gazes and the girls looked nervous, scared and alarmed. “Let her go Kris. You really don’t want to start something here and with us,” Kyuhyun said. Kris only scoffed. “You really think you can beat me, don’t you. Look,” he said as he yanked me closer to him. By now, all eyes in the cafeteria were on us. “ broke my bike and doesn’t want to pay for the damage,” Kris said. I yanked my arm free and straightened my back. “Look, I’m not afraid of you. I immediately went into that cafe to tell you guys that I accidentally broke you bikes because I was off in Lala-land instead of paying attention, which caused me to bump into your bikes. You didn’t let me finish. Instead, you and your gang chased me down the streets of Seoul and even managed to track down my house and dared to come up to my house and tried to beat me up and me in front of my house. Now tell me, how is that being the big guy you try to make people believe you are. You want to beat me? Fine. Try. But I promise you. You won’t get out of that unharmed,” I said calmly, looking him dead in the eyes with the coldest eyes I could bring up. By now, Kris looked around him and the boys behind him did the same. Kris looked like he wanted to say something, but instead he stormed off, leaving everyone perplexed.

So far so much for a peaceful first day at school...

 

----

Oh my god it's an update? :O

Well, I just felt like I owe this to you guys. I know it isn't a lot but I have been out of it for a while and I lost my notes somewhere at school, so I need to re-write every single thing again...

I hope I didn't let you guys down. I just wanted to introduce most of the characters to you and get this thing going.

I'll try to update, but the story is still on hiatus for now, because I don't want to give you guys false hope.

Oh yeah, Make sure to send in questions, because I announced that I'd really like to do a Q&A for you guys so you can get to know me better. Since a Q&A won't take long to make, I'll make sure to post it as soon as I have enough questions :)

Take care and I love you guys.

XO