Chapter 5

I Only Love You, Yunho

Car stopped as soon as he saw the red light. YunHo lets out a heavy sigh that he’s been holding since the moment he left jaejoong.

Hands were cold, and he felt nothing but his heart bleeding. Lowering his car window, yunho rested his elbow on his car door, with his palm tapping his forehead, as the earlier incident, kept playing on his head like a broken record. He was hurt and guilty for being harsh on jaejoong, it wasn't his intention it just happened, because on his mind earlier; was to get away from jaejoong, for he wasn’t ready to meet the latter.

He could still remember the pain evident on jaejoong’s eyes, those tears that he didn't wish to see, the hurt emitting in those doe eyes, as if he’s still staring at those eyes. It really gave an extra ache to his already broken heart.

HONK!!

HONK!!

HONK!!

HONK!!

 

Yunho snapped out from his thoughts, and waved his hands outside his car window, as he bowed to every cars that went past his car, while apologizing to them.

With one last glare from the last car driver, he started his engine and drove. He then took his phone from the passenger sit beside him, and dialed his cousin’s number.

“Hey there my favorite hyung” greeted Amber

“Hey amber.. firstly, am I disturbing you?”

“Of course not hyung… actually, I'm glad you called, I'm so lonely and bored here after my sister left for a  company trip” whined amber, that made Yunho chuckle

“I'm glad to know…”Yunho smiled after hearing he’s not disturbing his cousin.

“Oh Ji Eun already left?... I understand how you feel, though can I ask you a favor?” continued yunho.

“You know how I want to glue my sister on my side hehehehe... anyways, a favor? What kind of favor hyung?”

“Can I stay at your house for a couple of days?”

“EH? Is there something wrong? And by you? As in you alone? What about jae hyung? Where is he?”

“I’ll explain to you everything later, it’s a long story actually… so, can I? if not it’s okay I understand, I can always stay at the hotel ag…”

“No no no no, it’s fine hyung… You know you’re always welcome here… I’ll wait for you then, have a safe trip”

“Thank you Amber, I know I can always count on you.. I’ll just visit the mall to buy something and I’ll head there right away… Thanks again”

“Anytime hyung, see you later.”

With that, they both ended the phone call and Yunho placed his phone back on the passenger sit, and focused on his driving.

After an hour of driving, he finally reached his cousin’s house, parking at the back of Amber’s car. He took his laptop bag and phone from the passenger sit, and stepped out from his car. Placing his phone to one of the pockets of his laptop bag, he slung the strap on his right shoulder, walked to his car trunk and opened it.

“HYUNG~~~” greeted Amber as she ran to her hyung and gave the latter a hug.

“Thanks Amber for letting me stay, I promise you it will be just for a couple of days” said Yunho as he took his shopping bag, (for his hygiene’s composed of a bar of soap, shampoo, toothbrush, toothpaste, deodorant, shaving cream, razor, comb etc. and a couple of shirts, shorts, pants and towel that he bought on his way to Amber’s house).

“I already prepared your room… You wouldn’t mind staying at our guest room, would you?” asked Amber with a smile that never left her face.

“Anywhere is fine with me, thanks again”

“anytime hyung, kajja!!” with that, they made their way inside Amber’s house, as Yunho told his cousin the reason for his stay, starting from Changmin and Jaejoong kiss incident story, up to what happened earlier at the parking lot in his office.

 

*.*.* *.*.* *.*.*

 

 Placing his laptop bag on the bed, he sat on the bed with Amber trailing behind him.

“So that’s what happened,” said Amber as she sat beside her hyung and placed her left arm on the latter’s shoulder, as a sign that she’s there for her hyung.

“I know how painful this is for you hyung, considering you love Jae hyung more than your life plus the one who kissed him was your best friend… But, you two still need to have a proper talk, hyung. Talk to see where thing’s will really go. Your love for each other is deeper than the ocean, you guys can’t end it just like that, and judging from the earlier incident, you need to listen on Jae hyung’s side, you have to listen to his reasons. Not that I’m taking his side. And you can’t ignore Jae hyung forever. If you really want to let go, it needs closure so go talk to him when you’re ready nae?” said Amber as she patted Yunho’s shoulder.

“I know Amber… And yes, I’ll talk to him, but not now, the wound is still fresh. I can’t face him yet” said Yunho as he stared at the wall.

“I understand, hyung… just take your time, and remember I’m here for you, nae?”

“I know and thank you” said Yunho as he touched Amber’s hand and smiled at the latter.

“I’ll just call my sister to check on how she’s doing, let’s talk later nae?” said Amber as she stood up from the bed, in which Yunho nodded his head and Amber went out of the bedroom.

As soon as Amber was out of the room, Yunho fished out a picture from his laptop bag.

It was his and Jaejoong’s picture from the amusement park, it was their first anniversary at that time, both were happy, smiling and hugging each other, with Yunho kissing Jaejoong’s right cheek.

Caressing Jaejoong’s face on the picture, sadness was appeared on Yunho’s eyes. Despite everything, he missed the latter so much, he wanted to hug Jaejoong and never let go.

A lone tear escaped from Yunho’s right eye as he closed his eyes. The tear dropped from his chin and onto the picture, sliding from Jaejoong’s face to the floor.

Slumping his back on the bed, Yunho placed the picture on his left chest, and let the tears slide down from his eyes, along with his tears was his bleeding heart. He didn’t know what he really felt as of the moment, but one thing for sure, he felt like he’s breathing through a straw and he wish to be freed from this misery and be happy again… With Jaejoong…

 

*.*.* *.*.* *.*.*

 

“Jaejoong hwaiting!!” said Jaejoong to himself as he smiles at the bento he’s holding. With Jaejoong’s will to get his Yunho back, along with his speech, he went to Yunho’s office to bring the lunch he made. He cooked his lover’s favorite, kimchi and barbeque meat with garlic rice.

“Just like the old times… I hope he’ll let me talk and listen to my reason,” said Jaejoong as he smiled to almost all of Yunho’s officemates that he met. Reaching Yunho’s door, he knocked the door and turned the door knob, opening the door with smile that never left his face.

Yunho on the other hand, raised his head from his reading position to see who entered his office. And his smile vanished as soon as he saw that it was Jaejoong.

Jaejoong walked with a smile approaching Yunho’s desk and sat on the chair in front of it.

“I brought you your lunch” said Jaejoong as he placed the bento on the desk.

Yunho didn’t respond, he only sighed and lowered his head, continueid to read the document for his report.

“You didn’t have to,”

“But I always bring you your lunch,” answered Jaejoong as he stared at Yunho, with longing visible on his eyes. As he stared at his lover face, Jaejoong wanted to touch the man’s face, caress it and kiss those lips that he missed so much. How he wished to be hugged by this man.

“That was before you broke my heart, in case you forgot Jaejoong?” said Yunho, emphasizing his name with anger, which made Jaejoong sad but he covered it with his weak smile.

“But Yun….” before Jaejoong could finish what he was about to say, Yunho cut him, as the latter still didn’t feel like talking to Jaejoong about their situation.

“Can’t you see I’m busy? *averted his attention at Jaejoong with coldness radiating in his stares* and remove that thing from my desk *points at the bento on the desk* You can leave now” said Yunho. He diverted his attention back at the document he’s reading.

“I’ll just wait for you,” said Jaejoong as he shakily took the bento from the desk and placed it on his lap, while controlling his tears from falling. Biting his lower lip, Jaejoong cheered himself and said mentally “Remember joongie, you will not give up… bear with this consequences.”

Yunho on the other hand, sighed at Jaejoong’s determination and stubbornness. Silence soon surrounded Yunho’s office, and the only noise they heard was the ticking of the wall clock, placed at the wall of Yunho’s office.

After some time, Yunho placed the documents on his white folder and stood up from his chair. Seeing this made Jaejoong hurriedly stand up and walked in front of Yunho.

“Lunch?” asked Jaejoong in which Yunho placed the folder on his desk and approached Jaejoong. Without saying anything, he dragged the latter out of his office. Jaejoong on the other hand, was shocked and because everything happened so fast he was dragged out of the office like some kid that was on for a punishment.

Once they were outside, Yunho released Jaejoong’s left arm from his hold and stared at the latter with no expression.

“Just leave Jaejoong... I’ll talk to you, when I’m ready,” with that, Yunho closed the door. And before the door shut close, Jaejoong used his right hand to stop the door and pushed it open.

“We don’t have to talk today, Yunnie… I’ll give you plenty of time, if that’s what you need. But please accept the lunch I made for you, it’s your favorite,” said Jaejoong with a weak smile as he showed the bento at Yunho.

Yunho stared at Jaejoong then at the bento. As much as he wanted to take the bento, he stopped himself as he pushed the bento lightly to Jaejoong’s chest.

“No need… I already have a lunch made by my cousin. Just take this home and leave,” said Yunho as he closed that door but Jaejoong blocked the door with his body.

“I know you don’t have lunch, just take this and I’ll leave,” said Jaejoong as he handed the bento. Yunho pushed the bento lightly back at Jaejoong, but suddenly Jaejoong lost his balance and fell down on the floor first along with the bento. The food was now scattered on the floor. Jaejoong stared at the bento with tears pooling on his doe eyes.

Despite the urge to wipe those tears away and hugged the latter, Yunho closed the door instead. Leaning his forehead on the door. His hands formed into a fist, he knew he’s being too much, and guilt was eating him up as he remembered Jaejoong’s tears and hurt expression.

And so he opened the door to help Jaejoong, but what he saw stop him. In front of him there was Changmin, helping Jaejoong to stand on his feet, and gently wiping those tears from Jaejoong’s face with care. Changmin then, kneeled on the floor and took the bento placing all the food back inside, despite the dirt from the floor.

His hand holding the door knob hardened, as Yunho’s anger grew from what he witnessed. And with that, he slammed the door shut with a loud thud, catching Jaejoong and changmin’s attention.

Staring angrily at the closed door, Changmin handed the bento to Jaejoong, who hurriedly accepted it and thanked the latter.

But instead of answering, Changmin walked near the door and opened it. Once the door was open, he made an eye contact with Yunho. Both with anger emitting in their eyes, and if looks could kill, they could probably be dead by now.

Without saying anything, he approached Yunho and pulled the latter from the collar of his polo with tight grip and gritted teeth.

“YOU’RE AN !” yelled Changmin angrily, words coming out from his mouth were like fire as he shook Yunho.

Yunho just smirked annoyingly as he removed Changmin’s hold from his collar.

“Shouldn’t I be the one saying that to you?” said Yunho coldly as he fix his crumbled collar and sent a hard punch right at Changmin’s left cheek. With the hard impact, Changmin almost lost his balance and felt his whole body shook from the punch, luckily his hand got a hold on the desk that stopped him falling.

Touching his swollen cheek, Changmin wiped the blood on the corner of his lip.

“I know that this was my fault hyung, but your being too much. Can’t you see? You’re hurting Jae hyung, not just emotionally but physically. This is not you hyung. Why can’t you give a heart to give Jae hyung a chance to share his side, this is not just about you, it’s about the both of you. He even made you lunch but what did you do? You can hate me, hyung. But not him,” said Changmin angrily as he spits the blood onto the carpeted floor.

“Yes this is not me. Because you both made a damaged on me. Why can’t the two of you give me some time? I’m not ready to face any of you nor accept a food out of pity. And yes Changmin, I hate you. I’m so ing hate you. I trusted you, but what did you do?” said Yunho as he turned his heels around, but Changmin pulled Yunho by the arm, spins him around and punched him on the face.

This shocked Jaejoong, that before Yunho could punch Changmin again, he came in between. Yunho was shocked by the sudden appearance of Jaejoong in front of him, he was glad before his fist touched Jaejoong’s face, he controlled his arm right on time and his fist stopped, inches away from Jaejoong’s face. They both blinkingly stared at each other’s eyes with mixed emotions visible on each other’s face.

Letting out a big sigh, Yunho lowered his right fist and dropped his arm on his side, like a sign of being worn out.

Wiping the blood on his nose. Yunho calmly said “Just please leave, the two of you,” and with that, he turned his heels around and walked to his chair, Jaejoong was about to say something but seeing as Yunho was not in the mood for anything and he didn’t want to worsen the already worst day.

Jaejoong just lowered his head instead and said “don’t forget to tend your wound…. I’ll see you tomorrow” in a low voice as he pulled Changmin out of the office.

Once the door was shut closed. Yunho angrily shoved everything from his desk, and hit the desk with his fist.

“So in the end you only care about Changmin. You don’t care if I was hit or wounded. Tsk,” It added another extra wound to his heart when he remembered the earlier incident, where Jaejoong came in between them just to protect Changmin.

 

“AAAURGH!!!!” yelled Yunho as he cried his heart out while wishing for a miracle to take all the pain away from his heart.

 

*.*.* *.*.* *.*.*

 

“Hyung I’m sorry, I let my anger took over me,” said changmin sadly as he stared at Jaejoong’s sad face, who was busy tending his swollen cheek.

“It’s okay. And I understand him Can’t you see he still cares about me? He wouldn’t come out if he didn’t care about me anymore.  I know he still,”

 

 

Flashback….

Despite being scared, his heart wanted to stop the fight between the two best friends. And before Yunho could punch changmin, he braven himself and jumped in front of Changmin, with his eyes fixed with Yunho’s. And like some time that stop, Yunho’s fist stopped, inches away from his face. They both blinkingly stared at each other’s eyes.

He could see a relief emitting from Yunho’s eyes. A relief that, he didn’t hurt him. And despite the cold atmosphere around them, Jaejoong saw something from Yunho’s eyes. He saw the love that he knew it never left Yunho’s heart, but not just that, he saw pain as well. He wanted to say something, but seeing Yunho’s defeat state. He stopped himself, because he knew nothing good would happen but just same argument. He didn’t want to push Yunho. And instead, he made a mental note to continue appearing at Yunho’s office, to make Yunho realized how determined he was in fixing their problem, and to make Yunho listen to his reason and erase those pain in his lover’s eyes and heart.

End of Flashback…

 

 

“But just let me handle this alone, nae Changmin? I hope you understand” said Jaejoong as placed the cotton ball on the basin with warm water.

“Yes I understand. I came earlier to explain to hyung, but when I saw you on the floor, helpless, I just couldn’t control myself” explained changmin as he held Jaejoong’s right hand.

“I know Min. I thank you for standing up for me. But this worsen the situation,”

“I know hyung. I shouldn’t have let the anger took over me, I shouldn’t have came to Yunho hyung's office, I shouldn’t have kissed you hyung,” said changmin as he lowered his gaze to the floor, feeling guilty.

“It’s my fault too, Changmin ah. I shouldn’t have let my curiosity took over me. I should have pushed you away at that time. But don’t worry. Past is in the past. I can handle this, I’ll make Yunho to hear me out, to make him see that he’s the only one in my heart, and how stupid I am that this mess happened… just let me handle this alone nae?”

Despite the urge to tell his hyung that he’s the stupid one that created this mess, seeing those look of determination he only said “Yes hyung…” but made a mental note, to still secretly help his hyung to make Yunho realize that Jaejoong was innocent to this mess, and by that, he would need a help. And he already had someone in mind for that.

 

*.*.* *.*.* *.*.*

 

Feeling empty and hurt, he walked out of his office like a zombie. It was raining cats and dogs in Seoul but he just walked, leaving his car in the parking area, like he was a waterproof person.

The bad weather was just like his current state. He hoped inside his heart the rain would wash his pain away.

He continued to walk the streets of Seoul, ignoring the tiredness he’s feeling. He just wanted to tire his body, or maybe knocked out somewhere and woke up without the pain or memory.

Once he reached Amber’s house, the latter was shock with his state.

“Hyung, what happened to you? Why did you walk in the rain? Where’s your car? Go take a shower, and you better change your………………” Yunho ignored Amber’s worried nag, and just walked to the guest room.

Opening and closing the door behind him, he slid down to the floor with his back on the door.

“How come nothing happened? When will this pain leave me? Someone please take this pain away,” said Yunho as he silently cried while staring at the ceiling.

“Why am I so weak? Jae can you see this? I’m so tired of this, why can’t I be strong? Strong to be immune to this pain that you gave me. I want to forget you, forget our love. I wish I can hate you,” said Yunho as he stood up from the floor and made his way to his bed, turning his heels around and slumping his body on the bed.

“I wish to forget everything. Should I leave this world just to end this pain?” said Yunho angrily as he wiped his tears.

 

*.*.* *.*.* *.*.*

 

The next morning, Jaejoong was on his way to Yunho’s office. When Yunho’s secretary came in front of him and told him that Yunho hadn’t arrived yet, they didn’t know where the latter was. They didn’t receive any call of leave and that the latter even left his car at the parking lot yesterday.

Hearing this made Jaejoong worried, all negative thoughts came playing on his head and he wished that Yunho’s fine, not being beaten or worst killed by some thief. He took out his phone. Despite the fact that he’s scared that Yunho would reject his call, he still dialed the latter’s number. He needed to hear Yunho’s voice, to make sure he’s safe.

After 3 failed calls, Jaejoong didn’t give up and continued to call Yunho’s number.

“Please answer my call… just once Yunho. I just want to know that you’re okay,” whispered Jaejoong to himself as he listened to the ring sound on his phone’s earpiece.

 

*.*.* *.*.* *.*.*

His body was aching all over, hot and sweaty; He tried his best to reach for his phone from the night stand.

After his walk in the rain last night, he didn’t change his clothes and didn’t even bother to take his bath, he just laid down on his bed and waited for slumber to take over him, and as a result he’s now sick with a high fever.

As his middle finger touched the phone, he continued to reach it. And when he reached it, pressed the answer button and shakily placed it on his right ear.

Since he’s too sick to utter anything, only his heavy breathing was what the person on the other line could hear and the name “Joongie” came from his mouth before the phone slipped from his hand. With his weak body, he tried to get his phone back but failed. His hand just dropped on his chest and slid to his side as everything around him was slowly blurring.

He didn’t hear his cousin’s worried voice, nor his phone’s ring. Everything just turned black.

*.*.*

A/N : Hi everyone. This is misseujj89. Finally we can make a longer update. Yayy! Thanks to my co author who worked really hard in writing in this chapter. I know she is a very good writer compared to me. That's why I feel so happy when she said she wanted to help me writing this ff. And I almost do nothing in this chapter. So this chapter is credited to her. Thanks for support.

Hi everyone this is UknowMi, the erased part from misseujj89's msg was done by me... don't believe her and instead lets cheer for our combined work ^-^ .. im not a good writer, im just a simple writer, who's helping my best friend misseujj89 whom was my booster, my inspiration, im sure you all agreed that she is a good writer, cause i do ^-^.. This update wouldn't be possible if it weren't for our combined work, yes our combined work meaning we both did the work, not just me alone....I did the writing and such, but the idea and some changes to it, all done by our lovely author. So the credit to this all is from the both of us, from our hardwork ^-^. I really appreciate her credits and such, but still the right thing is the credits goes to our combined work right? ^-^.... Anyways, I just saw this note of her, cause last night after the update, i fall asleep and woke up like i got some amnesia OTL XD...  anyways, i just want to make clarification, regarding her author's note. So hwaiting to all of us ^-^