Bifurcation (2)

I Believe In Your Existence
Ending 2
 
Index:
Daehyun speaking
Young Jae speaking
Yongguk speaking
Random Person speaking
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
“Daehyun.. I don’t know... if I really can do this..”
 
It’s been a week since he’s been living with Yongguk, but.. he just doesn’t seem to be getting any better. Even with the message that I had left him, he has had it on replay over and over again. He would almost always end up spending his time out on the rooftop as well, staring up at the dark clouds. Despite the dark clouds covering the starry sky, it seemed like he really needed my comfort, or rather.. the star that usually brought him comfort.
 
“Even with your voice.. your touch.. it.. it’s not enough. I want you.. I need you.. Daehyun...”
 
He pulled his knees up to his chest as he placed his arms over it and soon covered his face with his arms. I sat next to him, trying to think of what I could do. There.. just didn’t seem to be anything that I could do to help him, not as a ghost anyway.
 
“Daehyun... I love you too much to do what you want me to do..”
 
“Young Jae.”
 
Young Jae looked up at Yongguk, whom had a sad look on his face. Young Jae quickly wiped his tears as Yongguk made his way over to him and sat down next to him. “W-What are you doing here, Yongguk?”
 
“Looking for you.. Young Jae.. why can’t you get over him?”
 
“I.. I just can’t..”
 
“Do you.. need anything?”
 
“No.. I only want Daehyun back..”
 
Yongguk let out a sigh as Young Jae lowered his head back into his arms. Yongguk seemed like he didn’t know what else to do either. He couldn’t really wrap an arm around Young Jae without it feeling awkward. Soon, a single drop of water signaled the start of rain. Yongguk looked up at the sky before turning to look at Young Jae and placing a hand on his back.
 
“Young Jae.. come on. It’s going to rain.”
 
“I don’t care..”
 
“You’re going to get sick.”
 
‘I don’t care..”
 
“Come on Young Jae. I don’t want you gett-”
 
“... Fine.”
 
Young Jae slowly got to his feet as he walked past Yongguk and into the apartment building. We made our way back into Yongguk’s apartment, where Young Jae made his way out onto the balcony and sat in one of the chairs. Luckily, the balcony above helped provide cover from the rain.
 
As time passed, the rain began pouring harder as lightening and thunder made its presence known. Young Jae continued staring out at the rain, holding his knees as close to his body as possible. Yongguk soon came out onto the balcony with two cups of hot cocoa as he placed one on the table that was currently near Young Jae.
 
“You know..”
 
Yongguk looked over at Young Jae as he took a sip out of his hot cocoa. “Hm?”
 
“On days like these.. Daehyun and I would sit out on the balcony.. and watch the rain fall. He would always say how much he loved the rain...”
 
Young Jae let out a small sigh before he took a hold of the hot cocoa and slowly began drinking it. “He always got the most inspiration from watching the rain. Plus.. he always got in the mood whenever it rained.”
 
“The mood?”
 
“He was always a romantic whenever it rained.. I don’t really know why. He said that.. it just happened.”
 
I chuckled a bit as I sat on the ground next to Young Jae. I, myself, didn’t really know why I got into that kind of mood whenever it rained, but.. I still really loved rain. I do miss the feel of rain on my skin, but.. I guess it’s okay.
 
“Well, he does just want to make you happy.”
 
“I know.. and... I want to make him happy too... but.. I can’t do that anymore.. I can’t.. just.. pretend to be okay when I know that.. he’s probably really lonely..”
 
Young Jae gaze lowered a bit, but he continued to stare out into the rain. He rubbed his eyes a bit as tears began forming once more before he took another sip of his hot cocoa. “I don’t want him to be alone anymore..”
 
Young Jae took another sip of his hot cocoa. I knew that he was trying his hardest to hold back his tears, but he couldn’t. He was sobbing now as he continued drinking his hot cocoa. “Young Jae... please stop crying..”
 
Young Jae turned to look at Yongguk, his grip tightening around the cup before looking back out at the rain. “I.. I want to.. but I can’t.. I.. I just can’t!”
 
Yongguk made his way over to Young Jae and wrapped an arm around Young Jae’s shoulders. Yongguk slowly began rubbing the arm that his hand was touching at the moment as Young Jae continued to cry. I slowly looked away, my gaze caught by the rain. Was there any way.. to make Young Jae truly happy again?
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
“Hey.. let’s go out.”
 
“What?”
 
“Let’s go out to the mall.”
 
“I.. I don’t want to..”
 
“Come on. You should go out more often.”
 
“But it’s raining..”
 
“You like the rain, right?”
 
“Yea but...”
 
“Come on. It’ll be fine.”
 
“Well... okay.” It was already the next day, but the rain continued to pour on. Young Jae got up from his seat as he stepped back into the apartment and went over to the front door to put on his shoes. Yongguk made his way over and stood in front of Young Jae. Young Jae stood up, looking a bit confused as he looked at Yongguk.
 
“What..?”
 
“Your hair.”
 
Yongguk ran his hand over Young Jae’s hair several times before he finally got Young Jae’s wild hair under control. He chuckled a bit, though Young Jae didn’t seem all that amused. “Let’s just go.. I didn’t really care how I look..”
 
“Well.. alright then.”
 
They were soon outside of the apartment complex and made their way to Yongguk’s car before Young Jae hesitated and stared at the car. Yongguk held the umbrella as he looked around at Young Jae’s face. “What’s wrong?”
 
“I.. I don’t know.. if I can go in your car..”
 
“Oh... but.. we can’t walk.”
 
“I.. I don’t want to go into your car.”
 
“It’ll be fine Young Jae.”
 
Young Jae bit his bottom lip as he turned away as he forced his hand onto the handle. Young Jae got into the car and the door was closed behind him. I may be sitting in the back seat, but I could see that Young Jae was having problems. His breathing had gotten faster and he looked really panicked.
 
“I-I can’t do this.”
 
“Yes you can. I’ll make sure to drive slowly, alright?”
 
Young Jae quickly shook his head as he gripped onto whatever he could. Yongguk soon brought the car to life and he began driving. Young Jae kept his eyes closed the entire time as we made our way to Lotte Mall. I felt so bad for him and the only thing I could do was keep my hand on his shoulder the entire time. This did seem to cause him to calm down, but only a little bit.
 
“Okay, we’re here. You can open your eyes now.”
 
Young Jae’s eyes shot open as he looked around. He quickly fumbled with the seat belt before he pulled himself out of the car and slammed the door shut. Yongguk quickly locked the car as he made his way over to Young Jae with the umbrella. “I.. I don’t ever want to be in a car ever again..”
 
“You’re going to have to if you want to get back..”
 
“.. Let’s just go.. please.”
 
We made our way into Lotte Mall as the two of them walked around. Yongguk seemed to be the only one of the two that was actually interested in what the mall had to offer. Young Jae had a distant look in his eyes and despite his various nods and shake of the head, he didn’t really seem to be paying attention at all.
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Time has passed and Yongguk did buy a few things, but Young Jae still didn’t seem like he was fully there. Young Jae.. looked like a walking shell to me.
 
“Young Jae.. please try to cheer up.”
 
“I’m trying..”
 
“No, you’re not.”
 
“I’m.. I’m sorry. I’ll try harder..”
 
Despite his words, Young Jae continued to look the same. I guess.. that I couldn’t blame him. He really just can’t bring himself to do it. I watched as he took a hold of my engagement ring into his fingers and held it up to his face. He stopped walking as he continued staring at the ring. Yongguk turned around once he noticed that Young Jae was no longer walking next to him and slowly made his way back.
 
“What is it?”
 
“I.. I have.. to see him..”
 
“What? See who?”
 
“Daehyun.. I.. I have to see him.. I need him... I can’t even see his star anymore because of the rain!”
 
“C-Calm down Young Jae..”
 
By now, people were staring at the pair as Young Jae began slightly shaking. Yongguk placed his hands on Young Jae’s shoulders, but he quickly pulled those hands off as he looked at Yongguk through tears that produced itself once more.
 
“I’m sorry Yongguk.. I.. I just have to see him.”
 
Young Jae turned and began running. Both Yongguk and I were wide eyed as we gave chase to him. Luckily, I was faster seeing as how I was a ghost and I was able to catch up to him quickly, but.. what was I supposed to do now? There was nothing I could do but watch over him.
 
Young Jae exited through the entrance, looking around desperately as he began running again. Where was he going? I really wish I could read minds, but now wasn’t the time to be thinking about that. All I could think about was Young Jae’s safety.
 
“Young Jae! Slow down! Wait!”
 
I turned a bit to see Yongguk had finally made his way outside, but he still seemed to be having a difficult time catching up to Young Jae. I bit my bottom lip as I looked at Young Jae. What was he thinking!?
 
My eyes widened when Young Jae began to cross the busy intersection. I tried my best to stop him, but he just kept going. My touch only went through him and he seemed unaffected completely by it. “YOUNG JAE, PLEASE!”
 
He stopped, but.. that was my fault....
 
The car in front blared its horn as the driver slammed on the brakes. Instead of trying to get out of the way, Young Jae stared with wide eyes. He was... he was frozen in spot. Despite the driver's efforts to stop, they.. they just couldn't..
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
“SOMEONE! CALL AN AMBULANCE!”
 
“Young Jae.. Young Jae!”
 
Yongguk ran out onto the road as he fell to his hand and knees next to Young Jae’s body. Yongguk shook his head over and over again as Young Jae slowly opened his eyes and looked up at Yongguk.
 
You IDIOT! WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU THINKING?!”
 
“I.. I... I wanted.. to see.. Daehyun...”
 
“Where were you going to see him?!”
 
Young Jae coughed up blood, as his eyes turned red.. indicating that he was crying. “I.. I wanted.. to see him.. at his.. grave..”
 
“You idiot.. you.. you should have told me.. instead.. of running. I.. I could have brought you to him..”
 
“I’m.. sorry.. I.. I just.. couldn’t take it anymore..”
 
I frowned. If I could cry.. I would. I couldn’t do it. I can’t take it. Young Jae was supposed to live and yet.. here he was... slowly dying. Young Jae’s breathing became heavier as he looked up at Yongguk. His eyes widened as he stared directly at me. “D-Daehyun..? Is.. that you?”
 
My eyes widened as I looked around before looking back at Young Jae. Young Jae slowly held a hand out to me before... it fell to the ground. I bit my bottom lip as I looked away, but.. I soon felt arms around me and a head resting their forehead on my back.
 
“Daehyun...”
 
“Young Jae... you idiot..”
 
“I’m sorry...”
 
“You should have been more careful..”
 
“I.. I know.. but.. I’m..”
 
“You idiot!”
 
I turned around as I pulled Young Jae into my arms, holding him tightly. Young Jae wrapped his arms around me as well. We stayed like this for a few moments before pulling away from each other.
 
“I missed you..”
 
“I missed you more..”
 
“I tried so much.. to keep you alive..”
 
“I.. I didn’t want to live without you anymore.”
 
“You idiot..” I pulled in close to Young Jae, slowly planting a kiss on Young Jae’s soft lips. Despite the fact that we were ghosts, I.. I felt like I could feel him.. almost as if he was alive still.
 
“But.. we’re together now.”
 
“I know..”
 
“You can move on now..”
 
“Will you come with me?”
 
“I.. never want to leave you ever again.”
 
Before we left, Young Jae placed a hand on Yongguk’s sobbing shoulders. He looked up, a confused but sad look on his face as he looked around. Quietly, Young Jae pulled me away with him...
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
“That’s.. my story.”
 
“That’s our story.”
 
“Yes.. our story. Although.. I didn’t really accomplish my goal.. I’m still happy that I’m with this guy.”
 
“It’s time to go.”
 
“Yea... let’s go.”
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
[[ My Own Thoughts:
 
It's a short fanfic..
But even short fanfics can touch one's heart >.<..
Anyway, I hope everyone enjoyed the fanfic.
And thank you so much for the support!
I'm glad that people were interested in this fanfic. x3 ]]