A PIECE OF MEMORY ONLY I TREASURED

I DON'T BELIEVE IN FAIRY TALES.

The next morning came. I woke up at around 12:30pm. I thought I'd like to eat breakfast but I was too lazy to cook so I just passed eating. I turned the TV on, scanned the channels and realized I've nothing to watch. I took my sketch pad and iPod from my room and lay on the couch.

I started sketching, just what I usually do when I'm bored. I got tired when no decent idea's coming to my head. I thought I'd die because of boredom.

"What-to-do-now HUH" I sighed, rested my head on the couch as I stared at the ceiling. I closed my eyes... 

"Hey Won-ah, you liked me before, didn't you?" Junghwan beamed, while copying my answers on the seatwork we're working on.

"Aish, why do you have to ask that?! Yea I did! Everybody knew that! It was in the past though!" I exclaimed, trying to hide the flustered look on my face.

"Aigoo, why do you have to shout? I was just confirming it myself." He mumbled as he looked at me, and then continue copying.

I sighed. Why do you have to confirm it... that was 3 years ago... and you didn't like me back anyways.. i thought.

"Say Seungwon, what did you like about me?" he suddenly asked, his eyes fixed on his paper and writing.

I was a bit taken aback by the question, Indeed, that was a question I should have asked myself a long time ago. Or maybe until now...

I stopped writing and rested my chin on the pen.

"Hmm. I was also wondering what. And why." Then I gave him a look. 

"And come to think of it, you're not even that good-looking." I laughed.

He pouted and gave me a look. "Yah you! how can you say to your bestfriend ah?"

"Whoa, who said you're my bestfriend?" I laughed. "Let's go finish the seatwork idiot. Or else we get scolded."

"We've been seatmates and classmates for years. Don't you think that's strange? That must be something. We're meant to be bestfriends." He said, grinning like a stupid kid who just discovered something about his new toy.

I sighed. I really don't understand why I liked this guy. "Shut up and continue working."

He smiled. "I was actually planning to tell you a secret. But I guess you're not interested anymore so..."

"What secret?" I snapped. Aside from cookies and chocolates, I LOVE KNOWING SECRETS.

"Ne-ver-mind lalalala you told me to shut up your wish is-my-command " he sang. 

"Yah! If you don't tell me..." 

"What?" He asked, sticking his tongue out.

"I won't let you copy!" I exclaimed, also sticking my tongue out.

"Then don't. Like I can't answer this. I was just lazy to think." He replied with a sulky tone.

"Aish. Stop sulking. You sound annoying." I said jokingly.

He glared at me. Looked away and continue writing. 
I thought I'd be scared. But I wasn't. Maybe I was already used fighting with him. I started chuckling to myself.

He glared at me again, hearing my stifled laughter. "What's so funny?"

I let out a loud laugh. Our classmates started looking at us. I covered my mouth trying to stop the only-getting-louder-and-louder laughter.

"You look like a duck when you're sulking." I laughed, suffocating its loudness by covering my mouth.

"Aigoo, the prettiest human being just talked." He grumbled.

"Yeah and you're a duck." I teased, sticking my tongue out.

He looked at me, sighed and shook his head. He started writing. I moved my seat closer next to him and whispered.

"Just tell me your secret and I won't call you duck anymore" I nagged, trying to tickle his flank with my pen.

"Hey duck, tell me your secret, tell me your secret, tell me tell me tell me now" I singsonged.

"Aish I don't get why I liked you before!" he snapped.

I was startled with the sudden confession that I froze like an ice, just right at the position when I was trying to tickle him. My eyes grew wider. It felt like the wheels inside my head stopped moving.

He, upon realizing the confession he just did, bursted our laughing.

"Aigoo, looked what you've done, my mouth spoke for itself." he laughed.

I didn't reply because I don't know what to say. Or maybe I didn't even hear what he said. The sudden confession blocked my sense of hearing OTL 

"That was what I planned to tell you awhile ago. Haha. Look what you've done. I involuntarily spilled the beans to you. Hahaha" he laughed again.

When he realized I was not responding, he looked at me and poked me on the forehead.

"Hey Won-ah, you okay?" he asked, tilting his head over to your face.

"Ah! Yeah yeah!" I shouted, knocking myself over.

He laughed. "Now you knew my secret. I liked you when we were in sixth grade." He grinned, looking at me.

I rolled my eyes and looked away. "Whatever, very funny, pabo." I mumbled.

"... and I guess i'd like to regret that now." He laughed again.

Why does he keep laughing... Is confessing really a funny thing...

"Aish get yourself together Seungwon" I thought to myself. I looked at him again and he looked back, playing with his tongue. "Hmm?" He asked.

"Sigh. How can you act so naturally when you just confessed." I thought. "Anio. Have you answered number 17?"

I blinked and realized I fell asleep. I stretched my arms out and checked the clock.
"Ah, it's 3pm already." I went to my room and changed clothes. Grabbed the wallet and shoot it inside my bag. I quickly hopped onto my bike and went on my way to the park. 

I arrived at the same place exactly at 3pm. I was surprised by the huge number of people strolling around the place. I wondered why and what. 

"Yesterday there was like 15 people here, how come such a huge crowd's here now?" I thought to myself.

I rode off my bike and went near the noisy crowd, peering over people's shoulders. My eardrums about to crack because of the continuous screams of the teenage girls a few distance away. They looked familiar. 

"Schoolmates" I thought, raising my brows. I had to push over the crowd to see what the commotion was all about.

I gasped upon seeing a familiar face. The guitarists of a famous band came by.

"Woah is that Choi Jonghun?! Ah, Lee Jaejin's there too!" I goofed.

Jonghun was wearing casual clothes, a plain white polo shirt for his top, and black jeans for the bottom. Jaejin was wearing almost the same clothes, in fact, it's almost exactly the same, the only difference were the colors, black shirt and white jeans. 

"Woah, even with casual clothes they look so damn attractive" I gasped.

I looked around and tried to find the monster *cough cough* Jinyoung. I suddenly felt a tap at the shoulder. I turned my head and saw a familiar face...

I quickly backed away when I recognized him. It's him. Holy crap. IT'S THE MONSTER!!!

"Where's my wallet?" He asked calmly, holding out his hand.

I was too surprised too answer. First, he appeared all of a sudden, out of nowhere O_O Second, why is he so calm... after what happened yesterday?! And third, how the heck did he know I have his wallet?!

"Yah, my wallet?" He asked again.

"A-ah w-wait i-its right here..." I removed my bagpack and crouched on the ground and dug on my stuff to find the wallet. When I found it, I stood up and quickly handed it to him. He placed it inside his pocket. 

"You didn't look inside it, did you? Did you took a bill? If I knew you took even a coin, i'll break your bones, you hear me?" HE SAYS WHILE HE PULLS MY COLLAR RIGHT IN FRONT HIS FACE MAKING IT HARD FOR ME TO BREATHE AND JUST AS I STARE AT HIS CLENCHING TEETH 

Well, that was what I expected to happen. But...

"Thanks." He said, immediately turning his head to walk away.

I closed my bag immediately planning to catch him and ask...

"Wait h-how-" 

"WHAT?" he snapped, looking back with a monstrous look on his face.

"Ah h-have a nice day!!!" I shouted as I quickly bowed my head down. That glare. OTL

I heard him chuckled. Just like how the chuckles of the antagonists in an action movie sounded like when they realize authority and power is theirs adhjskdhd I held on to my bag tightly. This would be my only weapon if ever he attacks again... OTL

"Yeah. You too. And... i apologize for yesterday." 

I raised my head to look at him, my eyes wide open, surprised by his sudden apology. O_O DID I JUST HEAR THAT RIGHT

"It's Jinyoung by the way." He said, offering his hand.

I hesitated to take it. Because it could be a trap right?! What if he suddenly pulled me and do me some judo skills he probably must have learned before?! He has a tight grip so probably he learned some martial arts before or something. Or maybe once he gets ahold of my hand, he'll pull me and lock me together with my other hand and starts kicking me till i die?! He could have learned taekwondo or jiujitsu or-

"Oh bish please, it's just a handshake." I scolded myself.

I nervously took his hand and forced a smile, "Ah... it's Seungwon.. " 

And then... HE SMILED. God. He smiled. I don't know why but I suddenly find myself smiling back to him. No, actually I was grinning.
And then... he bowed and left.

O_O