Unconditional Love

The Girl and The Wolf (Mate)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xs9X8NhQJF4

Lady Antebellum: Just A Kiss

=====================================================

Night fell.

The third movie they had watched that day ended. Lay shut the television off.

“I’m hungry.” Tao grumbled.

“You would be.” Chen rolled his eyes. *Bottomless pit.*

Danji sat up straight, “I can make something.”

Tao sat up, energized now, “Yes!”

“No.” Luhan moaned.

“You don’t like my cooking?” Danji asked.

“Of course I do! I just don’t like you making food for him.” Luhan snapped his glare towards Tao who stuck out his tongue.

“Boorish pig.” Luhan decried. “Hey! No name-calling!” Tao snapped, his eyes turning bright orange.

“Whoa…you have really pretty eyes.” Danji complimented. Tao’s eyes instantly turned a warm golden brown. “Really?” He batted his lashes, and she nodded sincerely.

“Don’t compliment him. You’ll just inflate his overblown ego.” Luhan mumbled, clearly jealous that his mate had complimented another wolf.

“I think I saw noodles. Maybe I can make naeng-myun.” Danji stood up and headed towards the kitchen.

“YEAH! YEAH! YEAH!” Tao followed her like a lost puppy.

“He’s impossible.” Chen shook his head.

*He was like that with Holly, too. Drove me mad at times, but he always made her laugh, so I was satisfied.* Kris thought with a ghost of a smile.

The wolves formed a mob in the kitchen and watched Danji as she prepared the food. Her back heated hotly as she felt six pairs of eyes dutifully watching her. She finally could not stand it anymore and turned around. “Um, you guys can go do your own things while I cook.”

“I want to stay with you~” Tao crooned.

“If he’s staying, then I’m DEFINITELY staying.” Luhan shot him the evil eye as he crossed his arms.

Lay looked out the window. “You know it’s dark outside. Is your grandfather still not home?”

Danji had forgotten about her empty home. “No, he won’t be home until Monday.” She replied glumly.

Xiumin frowned, “It’ll be dangerous for you to stay alone.”

Not to mention terrifying, Danji thought.

“Maybe you should stay here until your grandfather comes back.” Lay suggested.

Danji looked up with wide eyes. *Stay in their cabin?! Like…sleep here and everything?!*

“Is that okay?” Lay looked at Kris. Kris shrugged, “It’s up to Luhan and Danji.”

“STAY! STAY! STAY!” Tao chanted.

Luhan softly gazed at Danji, “Do you want to stay?”

*Stay here under the wolves’ protection or stay at home alone?* The choice was obvious. “Is it okay if I do? I don’t want to invade your home. You all must be sick of me by now.” She quietly spoke. “Sick of you?”

Lay laughed, “Danji, as long as you’re Luhan’s mate, we’ll never be sick of you. Trust me.”

“Yeah, someone needs to tame Luhan.” Xiumin chuckled.

Luhan rolled his eyes but smiled. He would let that one pass.

Danji smiled and nodded, “Okay then.”

“YES!” Tao whooped.

“I’ll go get your belongings.” Luhan said.

Danji wiped her hands on the apron and quickly moved towards him. “I’ll go with you!”

“No, stay. It’s dangerous.” Luhan touched her shoulder. Her smile slightly fell, “But…” “I’ll be back soon. I promise.” Luhan squeezed her shoulder, winked, and left. Her shoulders fell. It was strange being apart from Luhan now.

The wolves exchanged knowing looks and even chuckled elatedly. *She’s growing attached to him.*

Danji heard them laughing and faced them with a questioning angle of her head, “What?”

“Nothing.” They chorused at once.

“O…kay.” She gave them funny looks and went back to cooking the noodles.

“Tee-hee! I have mei-mei all to myself now!” Tao giddily ran towards her and pressed closely against her side.

“I’m surprised Luhan left Tao alone with her.” Chen mused.

“Take him away.” Kris nodded.

Lay and Chen grabbed his arms. Crestfallen, Tao stammered, “B-but this may be my only opportunity to be with her!” “Yeah, and this may be your only opportunity to live.” Kris muttered under his breath and followed the boys into the living room.

Danji chuckled. The house was full of noise, and she actually liked it that way. For a long time, she had lived with only her grandfather, so their house was almost always silent. She slightly envied Luhan for having such a big family.

When the noodles were done, Danji set up the table. A shadow fell over the table, and she looked up expecting Luhan. But it was only Kris. “I feel bad for you. Tao forced you to make our meals.”

Danji shook her head, “He didn’t force me to do anything. I volunteered. It’s the least I can do after all you’ve done for me…and after all the trouble I caused you.”

Kris studied her guilty expression. He could tell she felt sorry for treating them coldly after finding out about their true identities. “I know…” Kris started, and she looked up at him once more, “How hard it must have been for you to find out about a world you had only dreamt of.”

Danji lowered her gaze.

“But Luhan had a hard time, too. After you pushed him away, he was really miserable.” He revealed, causing her to flinch. “I’m not trying to scold you though. Your reaction was perfectly normal,” Kris nodded, “But…I just want you to know how much Luhan does really love you. You should never doubt his love for you. Think of it as this way. He was someone who was born to love you unconditionally.”

Danji softened, “I know. I just…I feel bad that he didn’t have another choice. I feel like he’s obliged to love me.”

“He wouldn’t want any other choice.” Kris whispered.

Danji looked up at him, and she could see that there was a painful story in his eyes. Before she could ask, she heard the wolves greet Luhan. He’s back, she perked up. Danji ran past Kris to see him. Kris smiled softly. *And you’re in love with him just as much.*

Danji saw Luhan who smiled instantly when he saw her. He put her little suitcase on the floor. “I brought anything I thought you might need. If you need something else you don’t see in here, tell me, and I’ll get it for you.” She smiled, moved, “Thank you.”

“Is the food done now?!” Tao blurted, breaking the romantic mood between them.

“Yes.” Danji nodded.

“WOOHOO!” Tao sped into the dining room. She could hear his excited screams all the way from the living room.

Danji chuckled and crinkled up her nose in an adorable fashion, “Is he always so hyper?”

“Only when beautiful girls are around.” Luhan sweetly smiled.

*Cheesy.* Danji thought with a smile.

Everyone joined Tao in the dining room.

“Wow…you made more bulgogi.” Lay said.

“I hope that’s okay.” Danji bit her lip nervously.

“It doesn’t matter. They’ll eat it anyways.” Luhan shot Lay a look.

“Don’t worry. I love it.” Lay beamed sincerely.

Danji smiled back. She felt full just watching the boys enjoy the meal she had made. This time, Chen and Tao were the ones who washed the dishes.

Danji peeked out the window into the darkness. Were the coyotes out there? Or maybe they were prowling near her empty home. She was glad she had decided to spend the weekend here. A hand touched her shoulder, and she jumped involuntarily. Danji looked over her shoulder to see Luhan standing there. “Relax. There’s no one out t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter