Chapter 2. The Incident

I'm L's girlfriend (This is a Death Note Fanfic)

 

As soon as I returned home, I laid on my bed for a bit. I switched the T.V on when I saw something about Kira. Apparently he’s some mass murderer in Japan, who’s giving heart attacks to people that have committed a crime and pass on judgment. I dislike like a lot. All I know is that he is pure evil and has gained some unknown power to kill criminals without laying a finger. Then there's L. The person hired to catch this 'Kira'. I think he's pretty cool. The way he outsmarts Kira. I like him a lot. 

Then I realised what I should name Hideki Ryuga. L. That's it. It totally suits Hideki. L. I was thinking of the name over and over again. Thinking must have been a lot of added stress to me because, before knew it, I was panicking. 

'What am I going to do? I just totally embarrassed myself in front of nearly two thousand students or freshmen! Am I gonna fit in? I'll be the laughing clown of the entire class! Oh, no!' 

And with that I slept. The first thing I heard in the morning was a ringing sound. 

Ring! Ring Ring! Ring! 

Oh, it's the phone. I could barely open my eyes and nearly fell on the ground, but I was alright and picked up the phone. 

'Hello?' 
'Hello.' 

I recognised the voice. It was the professor yesterday. 

'Professor!' 
'I'm going to ignore the fact that it took you this long to recognised me. I apologise for making the phone call this early.' 
'No professor it's alright.' 
'Your classes with me shall start on the first of September. You will not tell anybody about the classes you have with me. You will say that you have law classes in room A14. You will wait for me in the front entrance of the left wing at 9pm sharp.' 
'Why professor that my classes are alone?' 
'Because the police department wants you to be put in the most secure room in what you will study and talk about with the other students. Good day.' 
'But professor what are we-' 

Before I could say another word she hung up. The first of September, right? Hmm… this is getting suspicious. She might actually be Professor McGonagall. I'm just joking. Harry Potter doesn't exist, though wish it was. So… as I looked at my calendar. Today’s the 20th of August. It should give me a weeks time to prepare. 

I checked the date. Today was the first of September. 

'All right. It's my first day of college. Let’s make it a memorable one.' 

I entered the front gate of the left wing. I checked my watch. It was 8:50am. I’m on time, I said to myself. While I was waiting patiently a group consisting of boys and girls confronted me. 

'Oh, aren't you the girl that interrupted the ceremony?' 
'Yes. It was me. I wouldn't use the term 'interrupted' though.' I replied. 
'Such a smart-a*ss isn’t she boys?' A girl said. 

At that moment, the girls and boys grabbed my bag. The pulled out my books, pencil case and scattered it around the floor. Then in a girl’s hand was a phone. 

'That’s my phone, guys!' I shouted 
'Oh, really? If it is then get it.' She said. 

They threw it around the air and accidentally threw it across the corner. My phone landed with a big thump. 

'Sorry there, girlfriend. This should teach you to not to mess around with us.' 

They left me while I was stuck there gathering my pencils and books. Geez, I didn’t even mess with them, stupid.’ I thought. 

After I had cleared up, all that was left was my phone. I went through that isolated corner, when I saw him again. L, no Hideki. He was somehow holding my phone strangely, it was like held it with his entire hand downwards on my phone, and holding it close to his ear like someone had called. I ran to get it, whilst running I told him. 
'Umm… that phone is mine. Please give in backkk!' 

Before I knew it, I had tripped over something unknown and had landed on top of L, dammit Hideki I mean. Actually, I’m just gonna call him L. 

‘Oh, err… I’m so sorry! I didn’t mean that. Are you hurt anywhere? Oh my god, I’m so sorry!!!’ 

I checked around to see if he was hurt anywhere. I felt my cheeks go red. 

'I'm so sorry, I mean literally. I didn't mean it! Because just a while ago some older students just bullied me and scattered my things everywhere, and the next thing I knew I was asking for my phone back and I suddenly tripped over something because I’m clumsy and landed on top of you and I’m So SORRY!!!' 

He looked at me, kind of a poker face but shocked and surprised that someone could talk so fast. I checked around him once more to see if he was injured. I finally found on his hand that it was bleeding. I apologised once more and quickly rushed to find my first aid kit in my bag. I took out a Band-Aid and wrapped it around his finger. 

'I'm so sorry for the trouble that I caused you.' I looked down on the floor. Then suddenly he said. 

'Aren't you the girl that stood up for me when I was talking?' 
'Err… yeah I was. I’m really sorry.' 
'No, don’t be. Thank-you for that, and this too. I'm happy someone said that. I never seen anybody put a band-aid on my finger so perfectly and quickly in my life. Where did you learn it from?' 
'It was actually my dad when I was really little. He was a doctor and my mother was a detective. So I guess, when my mum was injured, my dad took care of it. But that was a long time ago, so I hardly remember.' 
'Where are they now?' 
'They're dead.' I said bluntly. 
'Oh, I'm so sorry.' 
'Don't be, I mean I’m pretty sure that they're somewhere happy.' 
'Here’s your phone.' 
'Thanks.' 
'Do you know a teacher that looks like Professor McGonagall?' 
'What? Oh, you mean Professor Castora.' 
'So that's a name. Speaking of names let me introduce myself. My name is Miki Oak. I’m a freshmen and a Pisces. Your name is L, no, no I'm so sorry. I mean your name is Hideki Ryuga. I was thinking of L as a nickname. I’m sorry about that. 

He looked kind of weird, as if I had just revealed everything with is ordinary poker face but his face flinched so I just he was shocked. 

'Huh? You are L?' 
'Shush!' He said, put his index finger to my mouth. 
'How did you know? Who told you, I demand to know!' He said, raising his voice a little. 
'So you are L. I mean the detective trying to catch Kira. Wow… you're so cool. Actually, no one told me you were L. I just named you that because I don’t think you are Hideki Ryuga as you tell us you are. Actually, in my belief I think your using an alias so Kira can’t track you down, because aren't you the head detective or something? But I can see from your facial expression that you suspect someone close to you as Kira. Am I right?' 
'Well, I see you have excellent detective skills. I am L and yes I do have a suspect.' 
'Wow! That's so cool!' 
'Wait, why are you telling me your L? I mean, you could've turned me down when I nicknamed you L.' 
'Because I think you are no ordinary girl and you can help me in my case, plus you’re in my class. Also I think I have seen you somewhere.' 
'What! Really! OMG! So you must be the other person in my class. Hey, is there another person in our class too?' 
'Yes, Miki. Light Yagami.' 
'Wow, so like the two smartest guys in the entire school. Wow! I wonder why I got chosen to be in your class, I mean I’m not special or anything. I’m not like the top three smartest girls in the entire school. So why?' 
'Because you know something about me that only you can trace and also you are highly intelligent in medical and criminology ways that even you can be smarter than me, though I don’t think that's possible because you have not shown sharpen your skills in a while since I last saw you.' 
'What do you mean, about yourself and my skills?' 
'Do not worry about them till later, right now we need to get to the cafeteria.' 
'Why?' I asked. 
'Because I ran out on sweets.' 

For those of you who didn't know what the star was, I was trying to write the a word but couldn't.