Chapter 1. The Glance

I'm L's girlfriend (This is a Death Note Fanfic)

 

I didn't believe in true love until I saw him. He was walking like no-one cared, almost limping. He was wearing worn out clothes like no-one. But he was special, unique and different. Nothing I had seen before. 

He had a special aura around him. So bright, yet dark, like he was hiding something no-one else can see, like the layers of cakes. The first time I saw him, he was giving the opening speech at our first day of college with the other student, Light. He claimed that he was Hideki Ryuga. But I could tell, he wasn't him. That drama actor. I hated those 'hot' or 'y' actors. They would act arrogant and haughty, like they knew everything in the world and can do whatever they want because 'they're a superstar'. I wanted someone cool, different and weird in his own way. 

I glanced at him one more time, but I just couldn't resist. I wanted to look at him more. Thats when I heard people whispering, as he started talking. 

'Did you see him?' 
'Yeah. I know right. The complete opposite to Light Yagami.' 
'I never knew that Hideki looked like that in real life' 
'I can't believe what he's wearing in the opening ceremony' 

I couldn't help it. I had enough. Then I did something, unlike me. I stood up, put my hands covering my ears, closed my eyes and yelled. 

'SHUT UP! Leave Hideki alone! Some people are actually trying to listen to what he's saying! 

As soon as I stopped talking, I realised what I said. I looked around and realised I was the centre of attention. 

'Crap. What the hell did I just do? Oh, crap!' I thought. 

'I'm sorry. I'll just leave.' Ignoring all the people staring at me. Parents, teachers, students and most importantly Hideki. I glanced at him once more smiling nervously just briefly, before looking straight ahead and running towards the exit. A teacher came up to me giving a piece of paper, that looked like a detention slip. She had a stern look on her face and was wearing a plaited shirt and a overly long skirt. She was somehow looked like Professor McGonagall and a nun put together. 

'You'll be doing one weeks of pulling weeds, okay?' 
'Yes professor. I'm really sorry about that comment. It's just--' 
'No need to explain.' 

Again the teacher gave me another piece of paper. 

'I am your professor for this year. I see you have me in every single one of your subjects you are taking.' 

I took a look at the timetable. It was such a coincidence! She was right. She gave me a short smile. 

'Now if you don't mind I need to go to the entrance ceremony. Also you need to get your possessions and return back home. When you get there you will receive a notice on when school begins and other important things. Good day' 

Before I could say goodbye she had vanished. I could tell she was a good teacher, but strict though it was understandable. I grabbed my things and hurried back to my apartment. 

Please write a review or comment after you have read my story! :D