Getting to know Near better!

I'm L's girlfriend (This is a Death Note Fanfic)

 

I continued talking to Near. He was pretty much a nice kid to sum it up. Yeah…I’m sorry if I sound boring, but I mean, he’s nice. He’s a little bit unsocial, actually scrape that. He’s really unsocial. Like I mean, when the other kids invite him to play with them outside, he practically turns them down. He had a strange aura surrounding him, like he was really special or somehow different from the other kids. I observed him, and noticed what he was doing.

 

‘So, Near? What are you doing by the way?’

 

He turned to face me.

 

‘I’m just solving a puzzle.’ He said, rather bluntly.

 

‘Oh…really? Then umm….are you having any trouble solving it? I mean, I can help and all.’

 

‘No. It’s okay.’

 

He silently turned back, and continued masterminding the puzzle. I watched in awe as he solved it in like less than a minute. Before I knew it, my mouth was gaping. I would’ve sworn that my bottom lip reached the floor.

 

‘WOW! NEAR! I didn’t know you could do that so fast! YOU’RE AMAZING!’

 

He twisted around and stared at my bewildered face. He looked shocked that I had actually praised him. I read his expression clearly.

 

‘Don’t people congratulate you when you do things like…awesomely?’

 

‘No. They don’t do anything nor react in anyway possible. I guess they’re just jealous? I don’t know?’ He started curling his hair around his finger.

 

‘I guess people have the right to be jealous of you.’ I sighed. I let him continue to play with toys. That’s when I saw this mega-looking toy.

 

‘OMG! WHAT KINDA TOY IS THAT! I’VE NEVER SEEN IT BEFORE!’ I was trying to hide my excitement but it got the best of me. Luckily all the other kids were playing outside so they didn’t me, fortunately, or else I would’ve been mega embarrassed.

 

Near started to stare at me again. He had a really surprised look. Like I was the only one wait…the only person that had a similar interest with him.

 

‘Why are you looking at me like that, Near? What? I have something on my face?’ I pointed my finger to my face.

 

‘It’s not that. I’ve just never met someone who was that excited about a toy. You’re weird.’

 

‘Hey! I LOVE TOYS, KAY?! I don’t care if I’m weird, at least I’m different. I mean, it’s not like we’re all the same anyway. Everybody is different. In their own unique way. That’s what makes everybody in this world meaningful, and most importantly worthwhile, because you never know. That person might be someone you want to near your heart…’ I trailed off, only to see Near with another weird or should I say strange look?

 

‘Sorry! Ahh! I’m so cheesy. Sorry about that. Sorry. Gomenasai! Umm…. kamsahamnida?(A/N I think that’s how you spell it! :D)’

 

‘It's okay. I can be a little cheesy at times too.’ Near gave me a reassuring smile. Phew! I felt way better.

 

‘So, can I play with you too?’ I asked, my eyes glinting, waiting for the positive yes.

 

‘Err…sure.’

 

‘YAY! ME WANNA PLAY TOO!’ I rushed next to him and let my imagination run wild. We played swords. I was the apparent, ‘evil witch’ and Near was the ‘Prince blondie’. The evil witch (a.k.a Me) had kidnapped the imaginary princess. So the princess was the ‘damsel in distress’ and so you know what happened. Prince Blondie fought over me and won like a million times and got the princess in the end.

 

‘AWW!! That ! I lost for the fifth time! Near, why do you have to be so good!!’ I pouted my cheeks.

 

‘Even though you’re like 18 years old or something, you act like a five year old. Grow up.’ He said with a straight face.

 

‘That’s mean dongsaeng!’ I glared at Near. Hpmf!

 

‘Why are you speaking in Korean?’ He asked me curiously.

 

‘Because I want to. And I’m like half-Korean anyway.’

 

‘Really? On your mum’s or dad’s side?’

 

‘My dad’s. My mum was Japanese.’

 

‘Cool.’ He continued playing, but with LEGO blocks and started building a tower.

 

‘Are you gonna make a LEGO tower, Near?’

 

‘Yeah. Do you want to help me?’

 

‘You want me? To help you?’

 

‘Yes.’

 

‘YAY!!’ I hugged him and have him a massive kiss on the cheek.

 

‘I want to start building now!’

 

The period we had spent building was almost in total silence.  Except for the really awkward parts when we would try to say something then when we said it, we would say it at the same time. Wait…that’s called unison.

 

‘So, Near? Do you have any family?’

 

‘Me? I’m alone. I was abandoned by my drunken mother and left in a orphanage. Until Sensei picked me up. He gave me a home and food. He provide me with essential needs.’

 

‘Really? Woah…that’s really sad.’

 

‘From now on, I’ll be your new mummy!’ I squealed in delight, and gave Near a bear hug.

 

Near looked shocked. In a happy and kinda weird way. But who cares? I’m his new mummy, and that’s the most important thing now.

 

Hardly did Near and I knew, that someone was angry and frustrated in the corner.