Chapter 2. The Capture

I'm L's girlfriend (This is a Death Note Fanfic)

 

While we walked to the cafeteria, it was silent. I think both of us, were embarrassed to say anything. The trees swayed across the wind, and the wind started blowing on my long auburn hair. As we entered the cafeteria, the students were silent as me and L arrived in a couple-like entrance. I put my face down, so the students didn’t recognise me. As we grabbed our food, I noticed L didn’t get any of the main stuff, but almost one of each of the available sweets and desserts in the cafeteria.

 

‘Umm… L?’

 

‘For further notice, you can’t call me L, now okay. For safety, you have to call me Ryuzaki.

 

‘Err… okay, Ryuzaki. Why do you have umm… so many sweets on your table? I mean, you could get diabetes’. I said, pointing at the huge amount of sweets on his plate.

 

‘Also, why do you err… sit like that?’ Pointing at his sitting position.

 

‘It’s not like I sit like that personally, I have to sit like that because if I don’t, I’ll lose 40 percent of my detective skills.’ He answered.

 

‘Umm… sure.’

 

We sat in silence. Then someone approached us. It was that same girl, and her ‘friends’ that had bullied me earlier.

 

‘So, is this your new friend? Well, for one thing he’s pretty ugly, not to mention a total psycho! So are you his girlfriend or something?’

‘Yeah… he’s my friend but we aren’t dating. I mean, how can you say that? So casually.’ I said raising my voice a little.

 

‘Saying WHAT?’

 

‘Saying that he’s ugly and he’s a total psycho. I mean, how do you know, that he is those things?’

 

‘Because, I just do, LOSER!’

 

She was about to punch me when L stopped her hand from me.

 

‘So you're the girl that did those awful things to her, aren’t you?’ L said.

 

‘What? Whattaya talking about?’

 

‘I mean, the girl who harassed Miki Oak, and you harassed her for standing up for me.’

 

People started muttering behind us.

 

‘Come on Miki, we don’t want to waste our time with these people.’ L said.

 

‘Huh?’

 

Then he grabbed my hand and started dragging me outside the cafeteria. We walked a while before he let go of my hand.

 

‘Thanks, for everything.’ I said, puffed out from the dragging.

 

‘No. It should be me that should be thanking you. Well, do watch out please.’

 

‘What do you --- mean’?

 

And with that, he vanished. The sun descended as I walked home, and it became a pinkish sky after a while. Whilst I was walking down the dark, lifeless street, I heard a shuffling behind me.

 

‘Oh my god! What was that?’ I thought.

 

I turned around, a group of boys were walking behind me.

 

‘That’s not good. Keep calm. Just keep walking but this time turn left at the intersection.’

 

I turned left, another group of men. I tried to turn around but they started to group me up. That’s when I figured it out.

 

‘Holy ! They’re ambushing on me. Why didn’t I realise this earlier?’

 

There was no way out. Before my mind could think, the men started to grab me and tie me up.

 

‘Help! Please someone help!’

 

They covered my mouth so I could speak no more. They took me into a warehouse. That’s when I saw that girl that bullied me into the centre. They took me up to her.

 

‘Boys, leave me alone. I want to dispose of her myself.’

 

I didn’t know what that meant except that she was going to kill me, but I soon found out. She started kicking me and punching me.

 

‘NOO!!! Stop it! Stop it now!! AHHHH!!!!!’ I screamed at the top of my lungs, having brutal punches in the stomach.

 

Suddenly there was a huge crash in the roof. I don’t know what happened, but it was bizarre.

 

I heard a voice behind me, a presence.

 

‘So, I’ll take it that you have tried to purposely kill this girl and it’s a criminal record.’

 

‘Ryuzaki!’  I said.

 

Relief and joy swept over me. The girl was mortified to see L. L started to untie the ropes around me.

 

‘I’ll get away with this Ryuuga! I am undefeated! BOYS!’ She yelled.

 

A gang of men started to gather around her and pounced upon L. But before I knew it L had blown them of their feet. His martial skills were graceful and he was undefeated.

 

‘So, how do you feel defeated now?’ L asked.

 

That question completely shut that girl up.

 

‘Now, if you excuse me, I’m going to take Miki Oak back.’

 

He whispered into my ear,

‘Piggy-back.’

 

And I jumped on his back. He ran as quickly as a cheetah, I swear, and I started to doze off.

 

L’s POV

 

That Miki started to doze of on my back. She slept soundly and moved occasionally. I stared at her. The wind had swept her auburn curls of her face. I blushed, covering my face. I unlocked her door and brought her into the bedroom. Well, it’s late. I might as well stay here for the night. I placed her in the bed and placed the blanket over her.

 

Dammit! Where are her keys?

 

I tried to search everywhere. I had to wake her up now.

 

‘Hey Miki?’ I whispered gently in her ear.

 

‘Hmm…’ She answered.

 

‘Where are the keys?’

 

‘In my front pocket of my shirt.’

 

I grabbed them and unlocked her apartment. I carried her to her bedroom. I crept up to her ear and said goodnight. I turned to walk back when she grabbed my arm.

 

‘L? Come here for a bit.’

 

‘Okay…’

 

She pulled my arm forward towards her and kissed me.

 

‘Thank you.’

 

I froze. What just happened?

 

Wait, her eyes are shut. She’s asleep! I flushed furiously. What’s this feeling I’m having? My heart starts pounding simultaneously when she’s around, and my cheeks start to blush when she’s cute at times. I touched the place where she kissed me on the cheek. Maybe I should ask Watari what’s this feeling?

 

Is it love? No, it can’t be! I shook my head furiously. I started to walk again down the street.