누나 ~

let's become cool ~

It was 6:53PM. Meg looked down at her phone’s illuminated screen again to reassure this fact. Her eyes moved back to the street and scanned along its length, searching for him. She was seated outside her apartment building on a bench where she had been waiting for the last 5 minutes. Her eyes moved back down. Only a minute had passed. The leg which supported its partner began to shake a bit, bouncing with anticipation. Last night she had made plans with Jimin to hang out. This is so surreal. She began to wring her fingers in and around themselves nervously. Meg has dressed relatively nice for the occasion, hoping that her cute ensemble would make up for how much of a bum she had looked yesterday in her stained and tattered t-shirt and gross old jean cut offs she had made back in grade 9. She was wearing a pair of light wash jean shorts but had also opted to wear a pair of black tights underneath due to the chilly autumn weather. Though the shorts were hardly visible due to the 3-sizes-too-big knit sweater she had hanging off of her shoulders.

She turned her head to the sky and mulled over its bluish grey colour. Her certainty of the situation hadn’t fully developed yet. Things like this didn’t just… happen. It was like something out of a fanfiction or one of those ridiculous dramas. She puckered her lips and exhaled slowly, watching the expelled breath form into the tell tale wispy smoke of mid-autumn air. Her attention started to drift with the clouds above her. Jimin approached her, pulling his hood back a bit to reveal his face. “Nooooona~” He called out in a singsong tone, breathing into his hands. Meg’s head snapped down with surprise to look at the boy in front of her. Oh goodness, did he just call her noona?

Meagan popped up to her feet, smiling embarrassedly. “I’m sorry!” She gave him a tiny bow. “How are you today?” He motioned his head to the side, beckoning her to follow him down the sidewalk. She sauntered behind him happily. “Happy! I’m happy that you agreed you see me today.” Meg could hear the smile in his words and the blood started to rise to her cheeks. “How are you?” It took her a moment to collect her thoughts. “I’m very good! Also happy, happy that you invited me.”

Jimin sniffled a bit, nudging at his nose with the heel of his hand. “So, humm, I was thinking we could go to this little café down here.” He raised his hand and motioned his hand as if to say ‘around this corner.’ Meg was familiar with the café if it was the one she had in mind. It was a quaint little place hidden in a crook of two buildings. A passer-by would definitely not notice it; it was one of those places you had to know was there. “I know the place, I think!” He flashed you a toothy smile, his eyes crinkling. This was definitely going to be the death of you. The both of you continued down the street, following the crowded sidewalk. Every so often a bustling few would shove past and press them closer together. Meg’s fingers brushed along his hand from the swaying movement of the crowd, and she couldn’t help but paint her own face in pink warmth as she watched Jimin’s cheeks blossom as well.

They rounded the corner and sliced through the crowd. Jimin pulled open the door and bowed. “After you, Meagan.” She shuffled in, letting the warmth of the cozy little café surround her. “Ahhh, it’s so warm in here~ So much nicer than outside!” Jimin scooted up behind her, raising his hand to the man behind the counter and bowing in unison with Meg. “Hello~!” They approached the counter and the delicious scent of coffee and pastry wafting about the little store made Meagan’s mouth water. Jimin pressed his hands to the counter like a child, staring at the selection in awe. “Omooo, they all look so yummy~” He turns his eyes to look at Meg, though they keep slipping back to the pasty display hungrily. “What are you going to get noona?” Meg nibbled on her lip. Whenever she and Kelsie came here they each ordered a traditional chocolate éclair, can’t go wrong. “I’m going to have an éclair! And peppermint tea, you?” Jimin let out a long whine and shifted his weight from foot to foot like a child. “Ahh…” He pointed down to the showcase and directed his attention to the man behind the counter. “One strawberry shortcake, one chocolate éclair, and two peppermint teas.” Before Meg could even intervene Jimin had paid for their food. She gave him a very stern look, pointing a finger at him in mock-menace. “Don’t trick noona like that, Jiminnie.” He just looked at her innocently and shrugged before he grabbed her hand gingerly and tugged her along to a booth in the back.

He slid into one of the booths and Meg sat herself opposite. The inside of the café was rather empty and peaceful, aside from the faint clinking of dishes in the kitchen. Meg curled her legs up onto the seat and tugged her sweater down over them to reduce their chill. Jimin took notice and started to his hoodie. “Do you want to lay this across your legs?” He stood up anyways, leaning over the table and tucking it around her thighs. His head neared hers and she found her eyes centered on the nap of his neck. She inhaled gently. He smelled nice, like the smell of a grassy field after it rains. The sweater was still warm from clinging to his body and it’s warmth seeped into Meagan’s shivering legs. She opened to protest but he stopped her quickly. “It’s okay, I’m wearing a long sleeve shirt and a t-shirt.” He held his arms out, tugging the long sleeves over his palms. Meg just sighed in defeat. “Thank you Jiminnie~” How they already managed to be on a casual name basis was beyond both of them, but they weren’t exactly questioning it anyways.

The man who waited on them appeared a few minutes later, balancing a platter containing their food. He placed a tea in front of them both and the pastries in the middle. He chanted them a small enjoy your meal and returned to his post. Meg inhaled deeply, clearing Jimin’s scent from her nose and replacing it with the sweet smell of sweets. “Ah ah, noona let’s keep them in the middle! So we can share!” He picked up his tea first and gave it a long whiff. He took a drag from the cup, savouring its warmth and earthy flavour. Meagan picked up her cup as well and puffed on the steaming beverage. She took a sip as well. It was delicious. “Okay!” Jimin picked up his fork and twirled it between his fingers once. He jabbed its prongs into one of the syrupy strawberries and placed it into his mouth. His face lit up and he made a satisfied ‘mmmm~’ sound. Meg picked up her fork as well and used the edge to cut a bite-sized chunk from her éclair. She placed it in carefully, placing her hand over it as she chews.

“It’s so good! Try these strawberries, they aren’t even in season but they’re delicious!” Jimin scooped up another strawberry along with a blob of whipped cream and leaned to Meagan, offering to feed it to her. Warmth rose along her cheeks and she dropped her hand, opening to take the berry. A mischievous smile crept along his lips as her lips closed around the berry. He yanked the fork up, smearing the whipped topping along her upper lip and nose. She gasped and he laughed loudly. “Jimin, you bugger!” He reached back over gently and placed his fingers under her chin and his thumb hovered over , sticking his tongue between his lips in concentration. With one he wiped the whip cream from his lip onto his thumb. “There, all clean~” Jimin pulled his hand back over to his face and stuck his thumb in his mouth to the whipped cream from it. “Wasn’t the berry good though?” Meagan’s lips twitched up into a half smirk. “Yes Jiminnie, so yummy~ How about you try some of this éclair, hmm?” She dug her finger into the custard center of the French pastry and before he could react, smeared it down his cheek. He looked at her with utter bewilderment. “Noooonaaaa~” He took his napkin and wiped the mess clean from his face. “Okay, okay, no more gags!” They both shook their heads firmly.

thirty minutes later ~

Jimin stretched his arms above his head, sighing silently. “I’m glad you came out with me noona!” They both stood, Meagan passing back his sweater. “I guess I should take you home now…” Jimin moved towards the door and Meagan followed suit, chanting a cheerful goodbye to the man who served them. They walked along like they did when they were travelling towards the café. Jimin kept his hand low, brushing his fingers along Meg’s every so often. He furrowed his brow and turned to her abruptly. “Noona, can I hold your hand?” Meg just smiled; she could see it coming from a mile away. She nodded and Jimin’s face lit up and he happily wrapped his fingers around hers. Their hands swung calmly between their torsos as they walked down and around the corner to Meagan’s apartment complex.

Jimin walked her into the lobby but didn’t let go of her hand just yet. He looked down at his foot and scuffed it against the tile. “I wish we could spend more time together right now… I know we just met but… I really like noona.” He nodded his head shyly, his eyes still on his feet. Meagan smiled fondly and squeezed his hand. “I like you too Jiminnie” He raised his head quickly, beaming to you. “Can we see each other soon? Maybe, maybe you can come to the dorm and all of us can hang out!” He was getting so excited thinking about spending more time with Meagan, it was adorable. Meg just nodded, melting from the adorableness on the inside. “I would love that.”

The elevator doors slid open and Kelsie popped out, dressed in a pair of tiny shorts and a sweater with cat ears on the hood, which was up on top of her head. She wiggled her arms at Meagan, standing half in the lobby and half still in the elevator. Meagan chuckled. “I should get going, I guess I’ve got someone waiting for me.” Jimin looked over his shoulder to his Kelsie flailing the long sleeve of her sweater to wave at him. He laughed as well. “I should head back now too.” He stood still for a moment before collecting Meagan into a loving hug. He brushed his hand up and down her back once before pulling back away from her, his hands resting on her waist. “I’ll see you soon, Meagan.”