Chapter Two

A Time Yet to Come
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 2

 

“So.. how was your break, Yoona?” Donghae asked Yoona who was riding shotgun while he was driving.

“You know oppa, you don’t need to be all kind to me now. Nobody else is around.”  Yoona replied sharply.

Donghae looked at Yoona, surprised at her answer. “Somebody got up on the wrong side of the bed.”

“Shut up.”

“Who even told you I was pretending? You’re my dongsaeng, what gave you the impression that I’m pretending to be kind when somebody is around?”

That’s exactly why! I’m ONLY your dongsaeng!

“I have a lot on my mind, just.. just leave me to myself.”

Donghae’s car put on a stop as the stoplight turned red. Yoona was looking at the window, her mind flying somewhere.

Then something caught her eyes. She saw several high school girls ganging up on an old lady who was walking down the sideways. The grandmother looked so helpless as the high school girls tried to grab her purse.

“Donghae oppa, please pull over.” She said as Donghae starts to drive again.

“Huh? Waeyo?” Donghae followed Yoona’s gaze and quickly understood the situation. “Andwae! You can’t go down there Yoong! You’re a celebrity. We can just call the police.”

“Anniyo! I really don’t give a crap about being a celebrity right now.” Yoona got out of the car and quickly ran to the grandmother.

“YOONA! Come back here! GET BACK IN THE CAR THIS INSTANT!” Donghae shouted to a running Yoona. Seeing that the girl was not listening, he sighed, cursed then followed Yoona.

Ofcourse the high school girl noticed Yoona approaching them. How could they not? Even in the middle of the street, SNSD Yoona stands out. She looked fierce which added more to her appeal.

The students cannot believe it! Girl’s Generation’s Im Yoona is right infront of them! Oh what have they done to deserve this?

 

“YOONA UNNIE!” They started squealing and screaming. And then they saw Lee Donghae behind Yoona. “WAAAH! DONGHAE OPPA! OMO! OMO!”

“Yoona unni! Is that really you?” HS Girl #1 asked, still not believing what she’s seeing.

Yoona replied with a cold stare. “Just what do you think you’re doing?”

“It’s really you! OMO! OMO! (insert name here) take a picture of me and Yoona unni!”HS Girl#2 said excitedly. She hooked her arm on Yoona who quickly shrugged it away.

“What?! NO WAY!” Yoona answered. Half irritated and half amused.

How stupid are these girls? Didn’t they know they’ve done something wrong?

“Leave halmonee alone! Stop bothering her and not only her but other people as well! You act as if there’s nothing wrong.” Yoona scoffed. “Do you really think I’d come down here to take picture with you bullies? NO FREAKIN’ WAY! Now go away before I call the police!” Yoona shooed away the girls who looked dumb stricken after  hearing Yoona’s lecture.

“Halmonee, gwenchanayo?” Yoona asked as she helped the old woman to stand. “Are you hurt somewhere? Should we bring you to a hospital.”

The old lady gave Yoona a soft smile. “I’m okay, young one. Although the girls got my strawberries. I am supposed to bring them to my grandchildren.” Her smile was replaced by a worried expression. “They will be very disappointed to know that their halmonee did not get something for them.”

“How about we send you to grandchildren’s place, halmonee? And then we can get your strawberries on the way there. We could do that, right oppa?” Yoona looked at Donghae pleadingly.

“Ofcourse. Come halmonee. Let’s get you to the car.” Donghae smiled at Yoona and helped her walk the old lady to where they parked the car.

Donghae was watching the whole thing. How Yoona confronted the bullies and how sincere she looked when she helped the grandmother.

She doesn’t only have a beautiful face. She also have a beautiful heart. Donghae thought.

“I’ll go buy the strawberries. Yoona, stay with halmonee here. Lock the car doors and don’t open it to anyone else but me. You know the protocol.”Hae looked serious so Yoona could only nod.

 

“Halmonee, do you feel okay now?” Yoona asked the old lady after Donghae left.

“Yes. Thank you dear. You don’t know how grateful I am. If you and your boyfriend didn’t come, I would not know what to do.” The old lady answered.

“Oh! Halmonee, he’s not my namjachingoo.” Yoona denied right away. “He’s.. he’s just my friend. We’re.. just friends.” Yoona’s smiled faded quickly.

“Jinjja? Is that so?” To the halmonee’s eyes, they looked like a couple. Turns out they weren’t. Although the kind girl’s smile told her somet

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter