"Thinking Of You"

“Can I Have This Dance?”

 

 

Kai hung up the phone quickly not wanting to hear his stupid voice any longer. 
 
"Just wait until this saturday Choi Jonghyun. I will make sure you remember it clearly" 
 
He placed the phone on the night stand & sat on the edge of his bed. He let out a deep sigh while placing his hands on his head. 
 
"Why is this so hard? I didn't know I had to keep this a secret. Why? Why does it have to be a secret? I just hope Min-Jung doesn't get suspicious. It's not like i'm doing anything bad right?" 
 
He laid on his bed & stared at the ceiling. "Min-Jung ah, why can't you see I love you? Please don't let her fall for that guy, please" Kai pleaded. 
 
As selfish as it sounds, Kai didn't want you to be with anyone else. Truth be told, he had loved you since day one, since the first time he saw you. Your eyes, your smile, your laugh, your jokes, your dancing, everything about you was perfect in Kai's eyes. But sadly, your heart was already taken. Even if the other guy made you happy, even if you were his best friend, Kai only wanted you to be his. 
 
Suddenly a voice interrupted his train of thoughts.
 
"Hyuuung!! Kai hyuuung!" 
 
Kai groaned in annoyance "What is it Sehun?!!" he yelled from his room
 
"Suho hyung just called. He wants to see us like right now!!" Sehun yelled from the living room
 
"Really now?" Kai said to himself "Fine. Give me five minutes!!"
 
Kai got up from his bed & walked to the bathroom. He washed his face & stared at his reflection on the mirror. Thoughts of you were flooding his mind. He shook his head & walked out of the bathroom. He put on his backpack & grabbed his phone & wallet. With one last look at his phone, he walked outside. 
 
__________________________________________________________________________________
 
"Finally! What took you so long?" Suho said
 
"Sorry hyung. I got hungry & asked Kai hyung to buy me food" Sehun said
 
"It's alright. The important thing is that you both made it" Suho smiled at Sehun "Kai, did you made the call?" 
 
"Yes, it's already done" Kai said
 
"Good" Suho smirked & turned around "Listen up boys! The battle is almost here & we must be extra prepared. We can't afford to lose this. So you better not mess it up! Am I clear?" 
 
"Yes hyung" five boys nodded in unison 
 
"Good. Now let's start practicing" Their leader said
 
Kai being one of the most skilled in the group, practiced the most. Suho knew that & he expected more of Kai. He was the one that found Kai, he was the one that acknowledged his skills. Kai wouldn't disappoint him. Never. Few hours of intense training had passed & the six sweaty boys were scattered on the floor. Some panting, some on their phones, Kai being one of them, & others just resting. Kai kept looking at the number on his phone screen debating wether to call or not. He let out a sigh & placed his phone in his pocket. 
 
Suddenly he felt a presence besides him.
 
"Let me guess, girl problems?" the person asked
 
"None of your business Kyungsoo hyung" he said to his friend
 
Kyungsoo let out a chuckle "Ah c'mon Jong In, tell your hyung about it. Maybe I can help"
 
Kai rolled his eyes "Don't call me Jong In & no, it's nothing really" 
 
"I can tell by your look that it's definitely not nothing" 
 
Kai sighed "You are so irritating" 
 
"I know" Kyungsoo smiled & Kai gave him a look but smiled afterwards
 
"It's just that I can't stand seeing her with another guy! I hate this feeling, I hate the jealousy i'm feeling, I hate being so selfish, I hate that guy, I hate hiding this from her- I just can't hyung. I can't. I just want to have her, to hold her, to kiss her, to hold her hand when she's scared, to hug her when she's sad, to wipe her tears when she cries, I just want her to be mine" 
 
Once Kai let out all his feelings, he felt a little bit better. Kyungsoo just sat there not knowing what to say. His friend was suffering. What could he say? He thought deeply & sighed before speaking. 
 
"Jong In look, I understand how you feel. I once was stuck in a situation like this. You wanna know what I did? I fought Jong In, I fought. Sure, I didn't win her heart but the fight was worth it. If you love her, do not give up! I don't care for how long you've been after her, the important thing is that you don't stop. Maybe you'll win her heart, maybe you won't but please, don't stop fighting for her" 
 
Kai didn't look up once. His eyes were fixed on the ground. He was processing what his friend had just said. H was sure he loved you. He was sure he would fight for you. Kyungsoo had just give him that little impulse he needed to continue. He looked at his friends & smiled at him. 
 
"Thanks hyung. I really needed that"
 
"Anytime Kai, anytime" Kyungsoo said 
 
"Heeeeey! What are you guys talking about?" Sehun said as he crawled towards the two older ones
 
Kai chuckled & ruffled the younger one's hair "Nothing Sehun, nothing at all" 
 
Kai smiled to himself. He was ready to continue fighting. Even if you loved Changjo, Kai was ready for anything. He would fight for your love. 
 
 
 
______________________________________________________________________________
 
 
 
sorry it took so long to update!
& sorry about the short chapter ><
hope you liked it tho c:
I wanted to had a little of Kai pov.
but don't worry, there will be more of EXO.
remember to comment & subscribe.
love you all <3