V.

My Beautiful Star

Jaejin stood in the balcony, hands resting on the railings. He was cold but he didn’t mind. His eyes wondered at the dark sky above sprinkled with stars but his mind ponders on what had happed in the office.

                “Forget everything when you’re on stage, Jaejin. Don’t let your problems get into you. Think about your image as an artist; think about your band members. I don’t want to sound harsh on you Jaejin but you’re a professional. Personal things don’t get mixed up with your work, right? Tomorrow I’ll expect you to be back to yourself, alright?!” the president’s words lingered in his thoughts.

He let out a deep sigh. How could he stop thinking about what’s bothering him when the one who’s bothering him is on stage with him—backstage—at home—everywhere.

He had been ignoring this person for a week now. He didn’t know why but whenever he comes around, he would flush, his heart stop and his mouth zips shut resulting to misunderstanding. Was it because of the weird dream that never left my in’ mind? Jaejin thought.

The easterly wind blew past him, he shivered. He rubbed his arms; jumping in shock as he felt a coat settled on his shoulders. The smell was familiar, he turned to look.

“Why do you intend to be uneasy whenever I get near you? Did I do something wrong?” it was Hongki.

Jaejin just simply starred at floor.

Hongki, as if noticing the silence was about to break it when Jaejin whispered, “You didn’t do anything wrong, hyung. It—it’s just me.”

Another eerie silence came forth.

“Jaejinnie?”

The younger man looked at his hyung sideways waiting for him to say what he wanted.

Hongki gulped stammering, “Well—uhmm…oh well, never mind.”

Jaejin casted an innocent look at him. Then without a warning, the surrounding went totally black. The power was cut off. The only lights now were the stars above them.

“Hyung?” a tiny voice checked.

“Yeah?” Hongki answered.

“Thank God. I thought you were gone.”

“Ofcourse I’m not.”

Jaejin smiled. “Hyung?”

“Yes?”

“Look at the stars. Aren’t they beautiful?”

“Yeah.”

“Do you have a favorite star hyung?”

“I don’t think so.”

“Well I have,” Jaejin turned his gaze to Suenghyun’s silhouette. “This star shines so brightly that it’s the only one I’m seeing right now. And you know what? That star confessed its love to me in my sleep. I was yearning it wasn’t just a dream.”

“What? How could a star confess to you? I want to see that star. Where is it?”

“I’m looking at it now.”

Just after Jaejin said the words, the lights went on.

Hongki turned his gaze to the man beside him. He was looking at him. Jaejin instinctively turn his head away.

“You said you like this star a lot right? Why don’t you let it know how you feel?” Hongki asked.

                “I don’t know hyung.”

                “But what if it likes you too?”

                Jaejin looked confused, “How could he—I mean it like me back?”

                “Ask it,” Hongki folded his arms as if waiting for something but Jaejin stayed silent. “Look goat, when was that dream?”

                 “When I had a fever and y-you took care of me.”

               Hongki shifted on his feet. “Are you sure it was just a dream?”

                “What are you talkin’ about? Of course it is,” Jaejin looked more confused. He tried to read Hongki’s expression but it was empty.

Then the poker face turned to an overwhelming smile,“Do you really like me?”

                The question caught the younger man in surprise. Then in a split of second, Hongki’s arms were around him. He heard him whisper on his ear, “So that’s what’s bothering you all this time. That it was only a dream,” he laughed. “It wasn’t Jaejin. It was true, I confessed to you that night. Am I really your star?—then you are my moon.”

                Jaejin starred into space absently. He wasn’t dreaming again, right?

                “Listen carefully Ji—I will finally say this to you and I’ll always will—I love you.”

                The word echoed in Jaejin’s mind like a song. Dragging his heavy arms up, he wrapped his arms around his love tightly, he felt his tears fall, the tears of joy…the tears of being loved by the one he loves the most in his whole world.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: Hope you enjoyed. \o/