III.

My Beautiful Star

 

Hongki stormed straight to Jaejin’s room. He wouldn’t forgive himself if anything happened to--- to--- to him.

                “Jaejinnie?” Hongki called as he opened the door. He found the bassist lying on the bed appearing too fragile…vulnerable. He rushed to the side of the bed and touched Jaejin’s forehead, “! ----I’ll call for an ambulance.”

               Jaejin instantaneously snatched the phone from Hongki’s hand and with a hoarse voice he said, “Don’t -------it’s not a big deal.”

                “No, it is a big deal,” Hongki stretch out his hand but Jaejin playfully placed it under his pillow out of his reach. And then he closed his eyes, a faint smile drawing from his face.

    Hongki rolled his eyes, leaning towards the bed to get his phone. “Give it back alright, at least let me call manager-hyung.”

                “Don’t make a big deal out of it, hyung,” Jaejin insisted in his weak, his eyes half closed.

   Hongki hesitated for a moment but agreed anyway. “Hey don’t move eh? I’ll go get you some medicines.”

               Jaejin have his eyes close when Hongki got back carrying a pale of water and pills.

  Hongki smiled and sat next to the patient. He rested the wet towel on Jaejin’s forehead and stared at him for a long time. Every contour of his face, he memorized. Every breathe he take, he watched. He admired his beauty all this time.

                Hongki couldn’t stand this anymore. He was afraid to admit it. It—it’s wrong. He stood up to leave the room but in his surprise, Jaejin seized him by the wrist and said, “Hyung, please stay.”

                It was a voice of an angel. Hongki recoiled back to his seat.

                “Thanks,” Jaejin smiled weakly.

                “Don’t force yourself to talk anymore just get some sleep. I’ll stay by your side as long as you want me to.” Yes, I’ll stay with you even when it means just being your hyung.

               Jaejin immediately drifted off to dreamland.

               Hongki carefully brushed off the sleeping boy’s hair; he softly squeezed Jaejin’s arms. His heart pounded so hard, so fast. “Hey goat,” he whispered. “Why did you let me stay? You should’ve just let me walk away. I’m a coward. I date random girls just to forget how I feel about you but now that I’m alone with you I can’t ignore how I really feel for you. Yeah I know---I know it’s wrong but-----------let me love you just this time.