II.

My Beautiful Star

Jaejin and Hongki were in front of Seoul’s enormous mall. With caps and shades, they waited for their dates. It was a cold snowy afternoon and Jaejin wasn’t particularly feeling well but still for his love, he came. He watched as Hongki rubbed his hands together and shoved it in his pocket. He couldn’t help but to think how it feels like to hold those hands and put it on his coat’s pocket as well.

Only if this is our own date.

Jaejin shook his head, this isn’t their date and Hongki likes---girls.

“Hongki-ah! Jaejin -ssi!”

“Oh! Noona,” Hongki waved as SunYe approached them. “Where’s Boom-noona?”

“I’m sorry but she couldn’t come. Her manager won’t let her. I’m so sorry Jaejin -ssi,” SunYe bowed her head.

“Na, it’s cool. I’ll---just tug along, if you don’t mind,” Jaejin nodded understandingly.

“Oh okay, that’ll be awesome,” SunYe smiled.

The trio went to eat first. Jaejin n sat opposite the couple. He watched them flirt, cuddle and even feed each other. Jaejin felt sick just by watching them, he couldn’t even enjoy his food. They not even an item but they act like one. Damn it! I don’t like this view! he screamed in his thoughts, jealousy overpowering him.

Watching movie was the worst. It was too dark to see what’s going on between his companies. Are they hugging?? or MAKING OUT??!! Jaejin was panicking inside. Hongki won’t be that aggressive in a first date---wouldn’t he?

“Hyung?” he whispered.

“What?”

“What are you doing?” What a stupid question.

Hongki took his eyes off the screen and looked at the unusual expression of his band mate’s face, “Watching? ---obviously? What’s up?”

 

“Oh, nothing,” Jaejin sighed in relief. Nothing’s wrong, just imagining things.

Minutes pass but still, Jaejin couldn’t understand a thing in the movie since he was too distracted with every Hongki’s move. Here he was sitting right next to the man he love the most but couldn’t even talk nor show how he feel for him.

~~

In Jaejin’s shock Hongki turned to him, squeezed his forearm with his intense and delicate hands, looked at him deeply in the eyes and leaned towards him. He could feel the warmth of Hongki’s lips over his.

“Jaejinnie? The movie’s finished, any plans on leaving?”

The bassist’s eyes flickered open. He fell asleep. A dream? ----Yeh that’s all it’ll be, a dream.

“You awake now?” Hongki stood in front of him. “Noona went ahead to the ladies room.”

“Oh I see,” as Jaejin tried to stand up, he almost fell flat on the floor if it was not for Hongki, who caught his shoulder just in time.

“You okay?” Hongki’s eyes mirrored his emotion.

Is that a worry I see? Jaejin thought before responding, “I’m fine I should just go home and get some rest.”

“I’ll get you home. You’re burning,” Hongki insisted holding the younger’s weight.

“No, I’ll be fine. Don’t you dare ditch Min SunYe-noona. I’ll just call Jonghun to pick me up,” Jaejin almost whispered, shrugging out of the other’s grip. No, he won’t call anyone…he needs to be alone, just this once. As he walks away, he gripped his chest. I know it hurts but even it means breaking my heart, I won’t forget how much I love him.