Lesson 2 The Problem

The Will To Protect

Previously on The Will To Protect: An underage teenage Changmin was adopted by 30 year old CEO Jung Yunho. Even though he is a genius and the owner of a wealthy company he is a very cold man and doesn't seem to show any concern or emotion towards his actions. Why did he suddenly adopt a son? And a fully grown teenage boy like Changmin? Junsu as Yunho's right hand and best friend, guides Changmin and becomes his teacher. Changmin unfortunately lost his best friend Kyuhyun as he left behind his life at the orphanage. Yoochun, Yunho's bitter cousin, after being snubbed out of the Jung family fortune is now doing everything he can to regain his status with Jaejoong at his side. 

A benefit for a charity donation event is being thrown for Jung Yunho as of this moment. 

 

Tomorrow+000777+Photobook+(41).jpg

 

If you want to get farther in life, you have to learn how to get rid of the pawns that stand in your way clouding your vision for the throne

 

 

 

 

Now:  

The benefit party was full of fluffy and wealthy people left and right. Changmin felt out of place. Is this what rich people do? They throw like these for donations? This makes no sense at all. To make money, they have to spend money? The food was not even that good. They just put everything in small portions into tiny little plates with little umbrellas sticking out of them. Junsu said that they were called hors d'oeuvres. " derves?" Changmin asked. Junsu just gave him an uneasy chuckle, "we still need to work on your english pronunciation. These little pink rolls are just shrimp rolls with lemon juice. Just pick one with a tooth pick and don't use your fingers."

Changmin gave Junsu a funny look. "Why are there so many rules? My clothes need to match, no creases, my shoes are shiny. Sit like this, stand like this...how do you guys live like this? It must be so boring!"

Junsu smiled. "This is a very important party. It is not just a social gathering, it is a way for you to blend in this society and show that you are now a part of the Jung family. It is understandable that you won't get the hang of everything, but slowly you'll get to it. Ok? Just tell me your troubles."

Changmin sighed and nodded.

Junsu fixed Changmin's tie and blew some dust particles off the teenagers shoulders. "Don't slouch," he said sternly.

Changmin gave an aggravated moan. "Seriously? More rules?"

 

 

Changmin tried his best to keep all the rules that Junsu relayed to him in front of his brain. The moment he entered the ballroom he gulped down a wad of spit. He didn't know what to do or say. He hadn't spoken to Yunho in a long time for these past few days. It felt like he was out of place and he didn't belong. Everywhere his eyes turned to it was just a troup of rich people in small groups with their champagne glasses and red noses. Changmin's eyes ran to and fro. He was feeling like the whole room was coming down on him. He tried to look all around in circles. His face felt red. Not a single familiar face to give him strength.

A waiter came up to Changmin, "some shrimp perhaps sir?" 

Changmin looked at the food...well at least this is something familiar. He grabbed a handful of shrimp into his hands. The waiter raised an eyebrow. Changmin just looked for a place to hide, any dark and shadowy corner will do.

 

 

 

Jaejoong managed to free himself from the women that crowded him and his goal right now was to get closer to the young hottie from across the room. Jaejoong positioned his body straight ahead and wooshed right past all the guests and jumped in front of the tall young man. "Well hello there," he said in his most sweetest and warmest honey voice.

Changmin choked a bit on a piece of shrimp as a random blur of a man jumped in front of him. ".....cough.....h-hi....cough..cough"

Jaejoong laughed at the funny picture in front of him. The tall boy's face was red and he was having a coughing fit with such incredibly large frantic eyes. "Easy there, I didn't think I would startle you." With an apologetic face, Jaejoong aimed his lips right at Changmin's.

Changmin's feet were frozen to the ground as he felt the lips of this stranger on his own.

Jaejoong pulled away and stared at the startled deer in front of him. "Well, at least you're not coughing anymore." He gave him a little wink. "Where are you from cutie? What's your name?"

"Chi-changmin..."

" Chi? I never heard of the Chi family." Jaejoong cocked an eyebrow slyly. "Did you maybe sneak in here for the free food? Tsk tsk..." 

Changmin shook his head in a panic. "No! I was-"

Just then Junsu walked up to Changmin's side. "Changmin-ah go sit down to your designated seat." 

Changmin shuffled away from Junsu's glare and left Jaejoong with a puzzled face. 

Junsu looked at Jaejoong with cold eyes. "What are you doing here?"

Jaejoong smirked. "Trying to score some digits with the hottie that you just scared away? Tsk. You are a bore." 

Junsu sneered. "Don't refer to Changmin like that. He is not an object that you can toy with. Yunho will be the first to unleash his wrath on you. Don't get near him." 

"I actually wasn't even going to bother with him. But, now he seems to be someone that will be very interesting to me. Exactly what is he to Yunho? A new boyfriend? Didn't know he had it in him. I thought he would be a celibate monk for the rest of his life."

Junsu mocked Jaejoong. "Still mad he didn't find you very interesting? You had so much promise and such a bright future, exactly what did Yoochun give you that Yunho wouldn't? A warmer bed? You betrayed him-"

"Shut up already-"

"No, you shut your mouth and listen carefully. Changmin is Yunho's son and you keep your hands off the Jungs and tell Yoochun the same." Junsu pointed a finger in warning at Jaejoong's confused face and left in a hurry.

Jaejoong stood scratching the back of his head. "...this is a problem...he's not a little brat...he's a big brat... Yoochun won't like this. Well at least we won't have to kill any kids. He's so pretty though....what a waste."

 

 

 

The evening proceeded as scheduled. The charity event started off with bidding off priceless items owned by some of the wealthiest families in the world. Everything earned through the benefit would go to the schools and education of low-socioeconomic families and their children. 

Yoochun was grabbed out of the party quickly by Jaejoong. "What are you doing?" 

"Trust me, you don't need to be here any longer. I have new information on Yunho."

"What?"

"The kid he adopted is a grown teenager. Isn't that weird?" 

Yoochun looked at Jaejoong with a blank face. "And?"

"That's bad you fool! It means at anytime he can enter into the company and Yunho can give him his portion of the company shares! If this was a little kid he can just move onto another foster home with Yunho's disappearance, but this isn't some kid! What is your plan now?"

Yoochun nodded and tapped his chin. "We kill them both," he said calmly.

Jaejoong gulped. "Kill? I thought we were joking about that..."

Yoochun let out a long cackling laugh. "If you want to get farther in life, you have to learn how to get rid of the pawns that stand in your way clouding your vision for the throne." He brought a finger to his throat and made a cutting gesture. "The Jung line is done." Yoochun turned away from Jaejoong and got into his car.

Jaejoong stood speechless. He wasn't ready for this. He didn't know how serious Yoochun was and how far he was willing to go. Jaejoong was only adopted into the Jung family at a young age. He grew up beside Yunho, Yoochun and Junsu. At some point they all used to be close, but money changes people. The hunger for power and status can make a man do anything.

 

Jaejoong found a quiet and shady spot under the trees. The charity benefit was still going on. He didn't feel like leaving. Maybe he could find out some new information. He tried to close his eyes for a brief moment but then he heard a quiet voice.

"Hey.." came a small whisper.

Jaejoong opened one eye and saw a tall young man in front of him. "Chi Changmin?" 

Changmin laughed. "No, it's just Changmin...sorry...I stutter sometimes when I'm nervous...and you kind of caught me off guard."

Jaejoong chuckled. "Your cheeks are red bambi." 

Changmin rubbed his face with embarrassment and sat down next to Jaejoong on the grass. "Are you close with Junsu?"

Jaejoong nodded. "Something like that."

"What's your name?" Changmin asked cutely.

Jaejoong his lips. "Call me Youngwoon."

"Ok..." Changmin whispered.

"Where are you from?" 

"I came from an orphanage."

Jaejoong nodded sadly. "I know what that's like. I came from one too. But I was there for a short time." 

Changmin felt a little closer to Jaejoong even though he only spoke to him a short time. Maybe it was the random kiss that blasted down some barriers, but he didn't feel discomfort when talking to him. "Were you adopted into this family?"

Jaejoong nodded. "Yeah, they are hardasses, but I knew them before. My mother was a maid in this house. After she died, I was about five, the Kim family took me in, and I kind of became Jung Yunho's and Park Yoochun's cousin. The Jungs had a lot of daughters, I grew up around a bunch of girls."

Changmin laughed. "Yunho-ssi seems to be very strict."

"Because he has alot of sticks shoved up his ." Jaejoong said with a straight face and Changmin burst out laughing.

"I never heard of anyone talk about Yunho-ssi like that."

"Because you haven't met me yet, I'm awesome." Jaejoong winked. "Well. I'm kind of tired. I'll see you."

Changmin felt kind of sad to see Jaejoong go. Jaejoong couldn't let their conversation continue. He felt getting close to the kid would be dangerous later, but he grabbed his car keys and left in a hurry.

 

tumblr_mi9160ifBD1qagy44o5_r1_250.gif

 

 

 

Sorry I was on hiatus. I'm always so tired and now I returned and they changed the format????? HOLY MOLY!!??