Cute, Angry Ball of Fur

The Will To Protect

The first time I saw you, you were a cute bundle of fur. 

 

 

* Earlier *

MADCor. Music Buiding

 

Three knocks on the door sounded rhythmically. A soft white hand came through first and then a high-pitched voice cleared his throat nervously-

"-ahem- ….uh…Yunho-ssi?"  

The business man looked up from his pile of paperwork and towards his mahogany wooden door. His face softened at the sudden appearance of his most trusted assistant and friend.

He gestured for the anxious younger man to come in to his office. “Good morning Junsu,” he smiled.

As Junsu walked in, the first thing his eyes spotted were the empty bottles of whiskey at Yunho's feet. He frowned at the sight.

"Junsu, you don't have to use formal language with me." Yunho urged his assistant to sit down and relax.

Junsu nodded knowingly and raised an eyebrow, "...ah...I feel its necessary." 

The elder business man smiled warmly at his young comrade. "We grew up together. No use for formalities. I consider you my own brother." 

Junsu's eyes crinkled into adorable half moons as they shined with happiness. "Hyung-"

"Don't start crying please. I need you to be serious," Yunho jokingly reprimanded him. . 

 

Junsu approached the desk and presented Yunho with a large folder. The intelligent business man simultaneously put on his reading glasses and eagerly reached out for the confidential information. "Did anyone see you? Or ask any questions?"  He asked anxiously.

The peppy assistant shook his head, "No hyung...by the way...why do you need this information?" He pointed at the bulky folder as he looked at Yunho with confusion. 

"Just. . .planning for the future," Yunho replied ambiguously. 

“Hyung- why not just get married?”

Yunho frowned, “I can’t do that…”

 

*One week later*

Happy Angel Orphanage

 

A tall youth leaned against the fence of a neighborhood basketball court. It was a hot afternoon. Children were playing outside by the dozen. Sticky and humid weather that can make anyone faint from dehydration. The youth let out his tongue on the side like a dog; after a long game of basketball, he felt exhausted and sweaty all over.

He gave a deep sigh and wiped the heavy sweat off of his brows. "It's too hot."  He breathed heavily, trying to fan himself.

He looked up towards the burdensome sun, as if it was mocking him, as it shined even brighter into his pupils. The youth's mismatched eyes cringed as he shielded them from the yellow behemoth in the sky. 

"Changmin-ah!" A voice called out for the tall teenager in the distance, "They're serving breakfast!"

The youth cocked his ears towards the word that closely resembled the sweet promises of food. Changmin's mouth began to salivate at the prospect of chow finally entering his hungry tummy. He brought his hands to the gap in his stomach, it growled at him with fury, encouraging him to find tasty morsels of food to enter its domain. "Be quiet you! You embarrass me every day!" Changmin scolded his aching tummy as his long legs took him to the soon to be, buffet of heaven. 

Happy Angel Orphanage was an unfortunate place that held many children; ones whose parents abandoned them at the doorstep, others were left to die in cold and broken streets. The staff at HAO made sure to accept all the kids under their wing so that no one was left behind. Even with the constant food shortages and lack of finances to secure a proper medical plan to cure all the sick. They were confident in helping all of their young kin. They considered each other family. The oldest children always took care of the youngest and that cycle continued throughout generations. They only had each other. 

Changmin burst through the doors with blazing determination. His eyes sparkled like diamonds. His nose detected the scent of roasted chicken bits and sweet iced tea. He ran through the halls happily. His physical energy already felt replenished just by inhaling the scent of fresh food. 

An older boy in a leather jacket sat in the dining room, nonchalantly, waiting for Changmin's arrival with a pile of savory golden chicken, mashed potatoes, lettuce, steaming corn and two steaks. Changmin's eyes sparkled. He swallowed his own saliva swiftly as he realized the amount of drool that would drip out of his mouth any moment now.

"Kyu-kyuhyun-ah, f-food. We have foooood." Changmin continued to stare at the steaming hot pile of deliciousness as he acknowledged the older mate across from him.

Kyuhyun looked up from his plate; his eyes were half-lidded, and a bit amused at Changmin's dumb facial expression. 

"What is this? First time seeing chicken?” Kyuhyun teased and playfully reprimanded him. “Eat before it gets stolen. I worked so hard to make sure no one grabs it and don’t swallow your own fingers." 

Changmin bit his lips nervously. He grabbed his fork and took a jab at the tender piece of meat in front of him. "Just making sure its real." Kyuhyun rolled his eyes and took a bite out of an apple. 

Changmin brought the meat to his tongue and let it sit in his mouth. "This...is...just...so.." His eyes began to water. 

Kyuhyun smirked at his friend.

Changmin looked around. The room was full of kids. This was the first time he was seeing everyone's faces bright red and being stuffed with real food instead of canned potatoes or air. A genuine tone of happiness was radiating throughout the entire room.

"Hyung..." 

Kyuhyun took a sip of grape juice, "What?" 

"Why the sudden gourmet meals?"

Kyuhyun his teeth and spit on the floor. "Oh, I heard some rich billionaire is in town. He donated like a whole bunch of to the community today. Even gave a lot of money to the orphanage." 

Changmin looked at Kyuhyun curiously. "Who could it be?" 

"Who the cares? He owns an entire company. Smart as . Chess champion. Bet I can beat him though."

Changmin was blazing with excitement, "Oh yeah right! You can't even beat me!" 

Kyuhyun kicked his dongsaeng under the table, "So disrespectful!"

"Why do you think he came here?" 

Kyuhyun took a deep breathe and his tone of voice went from sarcastic to forlorn, "I heard another rumor …that he wants to adopt."

Changmin took another bite out of his mashed potatoes. "Why do you sound like that? Can you imagine...if he adopts..." 

"What? That it might be one of us?" Kyuhyun smirked and pointed his finger at Changmin and then himself, playfully. "Yeah, I can imagine.” He slammed his hands on the table, startling Changmin. “No one adopts older kids. There will be a lucky infant this week. One lucky son of a out of many going to win the ing lottery. Makes me wonder why I was born at the wrong ing time or born at all.”

Changmin sighed and took a long look at his plate. “You shouldn’t say that…”

 Suddenly, a smaller child stood beside the table eyeing the plate as well. Changmin felt the smaller presence, "What's wrong?" He asked the small boy, and then he heard a muffled growl, and got his answer. He realized the kid must be hungry. Changmin smiled and handed the rest of his food to the toddler, who scampered off happily. 

Kyuhyun rolled his eyes again; he scratched the back of his head out of frustration, "Dude. I worked so hard to fight for that steak and you just give it away." 

Changmin shrugged his shoulders. His stomach growled at him with irritation, he was starving. He gave a small embarrassed chuckle. "C'mon, kid is still growing. We had good hyungs, who took care of us. We should do the same." 

"You are an idiot." Kyuhyun flicked a plastic fork at Changmin's smiley face. He reached into his pocket and took out a bag of chips and flung it at his dongsaeng. "Predictable idiot."

Changmin gave his biggest smile, "Thank you good hyung!" And made a heart shape with his hands.

Kyuhyun showed him the middle finger. With his back turned he walked out of the dining room.  He reached for his box of cigarettes and stepped back outside.

 

MADCor Resource Building A

 

“Tch- can you crack open a smile?” Jaejoong his teeth and caressed Yoochun’s back, “Baby, you look like a villain-” Jaejoong relaxed the palms of his hands against his cousin’s back and began to massage the muscles.

 

Yoochun pulled away from the invading warm hands. He got up from his chair and began to pace around the small office that he was granted by Yunho’s father two years ago. His face was set in a grim expression. His eyebrows were furrowed and his lips cast in a line. He was contemplating something.

 

Jaejoong sighed. His silky brown hair bristled in front of his eyes, giving him a seductive look. He popped open the top button of his dress shirt and brought his legs up on Yoochun’s office table, and put his arms behind his head. With closed eyes he spoke in a soft voice, “Chun- what’s bothering you?”

 

Yoochun paused, and walked up to the window sill where the TV remote was residing. He the television hanging above Jaejoong’s head.

 

A cheerful reporter was suddenly all over the screen:

 

‘Hi! Welcome to MBC-News 8, I am Lee Min Young and this is today’s news!

Right now it is seven a.m in the morning. The weather will be nice and clear! Kim Hyuk Ji -I will turn over to you now, can you give us an update please?

 

Yes! This is Kim Hyuk Ji, I am reporting onsite, as you can there is a big crowd here. We heard news the CEO Jung Yunho has come into this part of town. We don’t know why, but I can only guess he is doing more wonderful philanthropic work! Just today he organized a charity for an orphanage!’

 

Yoochun turned off the television and slammed the remote against his table. “That is my problem,” he pointed at the television.

 

Jaejoong chuckled, “The TV?”

 

“You know damn well what I’m talking about!” Yoochun shouted.

 

“Calm down,” Jaejoong put on a straight face, “Don’t raise your voice. People already think you’re crazy.” He made a gesture with his hand.

 

Yoochun gritted his teeth and balled his fists. His nostrils sneered as his face became filled with rage.

 

I will ruin Jung Yunho. I will RUIN him. Mark my words, this company, the entire estate and everything under the Jung family name will soon belong to ME, as it rightfully should.”  His words sounded like poison.

 

Jaejoong didn’t cringe in the slightest. He rolled his eyes and puffed out his cheeks. Yoochun’s angry ramblings were nothing new.

 

Park Yoochun has always hated his cousin and his success. He couldn’t stand the fact that Yunho had everything and did not want any of it. There were just so many small details of their history that Yoochun could not stand.

 

Growing up in a wealthy family like the Parks, he didn’t comprehend the style of the Jung family and their supposed motto “to give back to the community.”  It just made no sense to him. Yunho’s charitable personality was the worst of it.

 

A large part of the Jung Corporation used to belong to the Park family lineage, but their grandfather deemed Park Yoochun’s father unfit to lead. He was a corrupted man, who dealt secretly with gangsters to pilfer money from the citizens and small business owners. That will never be forgiven and their grandfather made sure of it- by giving everything over to Jung Yunho’s father through the family Will.

 

Now the only thing left to do is … get rid of the middle man… get rid of Jung Yunho.

 

Happy Angel Orphanage

 

A pudgy old woman presented herself in front of a- what seemed to be a battalion of body guards. She was covered in expensive jewelry and a rather large expensive fur scarf. Her thick coat of make-up only defined her elderly features. The body guards slightly distanced themselves from her cringe-worthy appearance.

 

She chuckled; her high pitched voice resonated throughout their ears. She raised a drawn on brown eyebrow and began to speak in a well mannered voice.

 

“Hello, gentlemen, my name is Madame Kim, I am the head manager of this Orphanage. We are so dedicated to our lovely children,” She put a hand to her bosom dramatically and gave a sad sigh. “It is so gratuitous of THE  Jung Yunho, to present himself in person!”  Madame Kim walked up to one of the guards, “When will he arrive?” She asked eagerly.

 

“I already have.” Said a distinctive, manly voice.

 

Madame Kim swallowed her saliva and slightly lowered her shirt to reveal her chest, in an attempt to seduce the young CEO.

 

She turned around to find the handsome young man in front of her, accompanied by another younger man. Her eyes gleamed with delight. She was practically out of breath with joy.

 

“Oh mymmymy- I- it is so amazing to see you! Please! Come into my office.” Madame Kim nervously reached out to touch Yunho and led him to her office along with his assistant. “N-now what can I do for you?” She leaned over slightly.

 

Junsu cringed at her behavior. Jung Yunho, being a bachelor, was a magnet for every woman. Junsu stood in between her and Yunho, but felt as if his presence was nearly invisible, it was as if her vision was penetrating through his body and only had gateway to Yunho.

 

But, Yunho could not even notice. He sat down quietly on the empty chair across from Madame Kim and took out his cell phone.

 

“I am here to adopt a child.” He simply stated.

 

Madame Kim choked on her own saliva. “W-what…I mean sir…you are not even married-”

 

Junsu chimed in, “That is none of your business, simply state whether or not it is possible for us to adopt or not.”

 

The older woman’s face became pale, “Y-yes, of course, I suppose there are exceptions in some cases.” She smiled, not genuinely, but tried to appease her new found obsession.

 

“Uh, what kind of child would you like? We have infants, small ones, very adorable. You can get along with them easier; they don’t have an understanding of the world yet-”

 

Yunho closed his eyes and calmly shook his head.

 

Madame Kim paused, “No? Um…ok, well we have some toddlers-”

 

Junsu spoke again, “Madame, this isn’t a fish market. We came to adopt a child. To give a home to someone who would be able to become Yunho’s right hand one day. Please show us what kind of a facility you run here. Do not mention to the children that we are looking to adopt.”

 

The Madame got up from her chair and quickly escorted the men out of her office and quickly to the main hall where the kids played games.

 

Junsu walked into the room full of children and interacted with them. His face brightened up and he smiled happily playing among the smaller children. Meanwhile, Yunho stood outside of the door. He merely observed Junsu’s actions and then appeared to have lost his attention span.

 

Madame Kim continued to stare at Yunho’s handsome features, but questioned Yunho’s interest in truly wanting to adopt a child. He appeared to be quite distant and indifferent to the environment around him; that was until a small child appeared before him and they quickly became friends. Madame Kim’s face softened and she smiled. She assumed that perhaps Yunho has found his match.

 

“Is everything ok, Yunho-ssi?” she asked cheerfully.

 

Yunho sighed and gestured for Junsu to come by his side.

 

“Hyung?” Junsu questioned.

 

“We’re leaving.” Yunho said.

 

Madame Kim stood petrified to the floor beneath her feet. “B-but, wait a minute wait- hold on- why- I thought you have found someone to adopt!? WAIT!” She ran after them frantically. “Where are you going!”

 

Junsu stopped her in her tracks, “Unfortunately, according to my findings, all you care about is money. While I was inside the playroom I discovered that some of your kids have lice and had contracted the flu. Their clothes are dirty, they haven’t showered and their toys are from another century. How is it you are wearing expensive mink and the kids look starved? This place is anything but an angelic orphanage, I have seen prisons with better management. We will look forward to putting you out of business and finding the kids better homes.” Junsu turned around and left the Madame’s pale figure behind.

 

Yunho suddenly stopped walking and instead stood still. His gaze was set upon a figure lying on a sofa, covered in a furry pink blanket.

 

Junsu walked up beside him, “Hyung? What’s wrong?”

 

Madame Kim managed to string right along and looked questioningly at the CEO.

 

Yunho spoke, “I have changed my mind.”

 

The Madame’s eyes brightened up. “Yes? Yes?”

 

“Who is that?” Yunho pointed at the sleeping figure.

 

Madame Kim scoffed, “That is Changmin. One of our older children. Really dull and brainless. Clumsy fool-”

 

“I did not ask you to insult him.” Yunho replied curtly, “How old is he?”

Madame Kim cleared , embarrassed, “He is fifteen.”

 

“Good. I shall adopt him.”  He pointed again at Changmin.

 

The elderly woman widened her eyes, “What? Oh my lord! He is much too old for someone of your age to take care of!”

 

Junsu gave her a glare. Madame Kim stepped back, “I-I will prepare the paperwork.”

 

Yunho cleared his throat and walked away. 

 

 

just a short chapter for now, to see how the story goes along