My Journey's End Part 1

The Will To Protect

 

endorsementSlingStone9.jpg

 

 

 

This is where I end and you begin.

 

 

 

"Changmin-ah, time to wake up."

"Nnng...I'm not asleep."

Junsu walked in on a serene sleeping Changmin. His eyelids moved slightly beneath his lids. The flickering rays of the sun bled through the curtains. Changmin's eyes opened slowly, absorbing the light and the white walls all around him. For a moment he had forgotten where he was. Ah. But he knew exactly where he was now as soon as he saw Junsu's cheerful face.

 It's been three weeks now since I was adopted. 

"Hyung?" He said with a scratchy throat and rubbed his eyes clean of dust. 

 

"Are you up now?" Junsu asked.

 

"Yes." But despite trying to sound awake, he still preferred to stay asleep in his bed. He felt so magnetized to his white fluffy pillow. He plunged into the cotton white fabric. 

 

"Haha," Junsu gave  hearty laugh at the cute kid in front of him. "Changminnie, it's 5 am, you need to prepare for your morning classes." 

 

Changmin's eyes remained closed tightly. He began to feign snoring. Junsu tugged at his bedsheet. Changmin only pulled it closer to his chest. "Hyung, it's early! Let me sleeeep." 

 

"Changmin-ah, you can't ignore your responsibilities." Junsu smiled as Changmin snored even harder.

 

Junsu completely pulled the bedsheet off. The youngest began to shiver, then frowned in his fake sleep. Next, Junsu decided to pull out the pillow from under Changmin's head to get a reaction out of the youngest. Changmin merely groaned and glared at Junsu out of the corner of his eye. Changmin then pulled his tongue out and let it hang from the side his mouth, letting the drool flow down his face.

 

Junsu rubbed his nose, "Yah! Playing dead isn't going to work today!"

 

Changmin chuckled and wiped the drool off. Junsu pulled his cheeks until they turned red. "You trouble making punk!" 

 

"Araso! Hyung!! Ok!!" Changmin complained.

 

Junsu pointed his finger sternly at his pupil, "I will give you twenty minutes to wash your face, brush your teeth, change your pajamas and change your underwear! If you are not ready after that mark, I will send the body guards in here and drag you out like that!" The eldest walked out the door and closed it shut, attempting to look stern, but only failing miserably as he tripped over his own feet. The echoes of Changmin's laughter continued as the door closed. 

 

Changmin sat on his lavish bed. He enjoyed the embroidery of the cotton beneath his fingertips. His smile only turned into a frown. His thoughts began to race again. Kyuhyun. I wish I can still talk to you. I wish I can share this with you. I wish I can see the orphanage again. How can I bring myself to be happy, if I know that you're not. You didn't even say good bye to me. 

 

Changmin's thoughts stopped as he realized he was close to tears again. He didn't belong in this house. This wasn't his bed, these weren't his clothes and. . .that man...is not my father. After  a pause, Changmin, pull yourself together! He jumped up from his bed and wiped off his tears that nearly fell from the corners of his eyes and quickly began to wash up and put on his day clothes. He carefully picked up the clothes that he threw on the floor frivolously. Ever since his youngest years as a boy, he always had the habit of cleanliness. He carefully folded his shirt and pants, even his underwear. His walk-in closet was perfectly organized. When he felt lonely or bored he would color coordinate his socks. When he had nothing to do, he would arrange them by size order, then alphabetized them by the characters sewn on them. 

 

Junsu barged in loudly, "AHA! I knew it!" He was trying to catch Changmin in a compromising position, only to find a startled Changmin, fully clothed with his mouth gaping open. Junsu cleared his throat, "Ahem....good, you're dressed."

 

"Hyung..seriously..."

 

"C'mon, today you have Calculus and Chinese History. It is going to be a full day." Junsu grabbed Changmin's arm and dragged him to the library. 

 

"Can't I take a break? Hoya gets a Spring break!" 

 

"You don't get to take any breaks because you have lessons only four hours a day! Don't complain!"

 

Changmin scratched his nose and sat down on the table. Stacks of math books lay in front of him. 

 

"Pop quiz!" 

 

"WHAT?" Changmin jumped to his feet.

 

"Oh relax, it's only forty-five questions! It's differentials, you already know those!"

 

"Hyung! That's not a quiz! It's a test! FORTY-FIVE questions! Are you kidding me?"

 

"No, when do I even kid?" Junsu slammed a thick stapled pack of paper in front of Changmin's miserable eyes.

 

"You're evil." Changmin huffed.

"I know," Junsu said with a smirk. "You have one hour." 

 

Changmin's forehead began to sweat profusely. This is ridiculous. Why do I even need to know this! I don't remember any of this!....maybe I can skip this....no I know this one.....arggh...why is this so hard!!! ....when will I even USE THIS? Junsu, you think this is funny? Keep laughing, wait until tomorrow, I will make sure the dog chews all of you precious armani shoes. This is human torture! Unbelieveable! Is this really math?? Why does math have letters? Wait a minute. This isn't even in English. It doesn't even look Chinese. What is Σ? Seriously?

"Time's up!" Junsu said cheerfully.

Changmin's eyes bulged. "WHAT?"  Junsu took the paper from under his fingers. 

"Tsk, Changmin, you didn't even answer one!" Junsu frowned. 

Changmin put his head down in embarrassment. "I...forgot."

"Changmin-ah, you have to study and practice every day, not just because you are under this house, but because it will help train you for the world. Calculus might not be important, but how you discipline yourself will help improve your reasoning skills. They are important to sharpen your mind and keep you on the right track and on schedule. It's little things like these quizzes and tests that will help train you to stay on a path to success." 

"I know. I'm sorry."

Junsu looked at Changmin's eyes. All he saw was innocence. "I know you don't mean to do this. You will get the hang of it all one day. We'll cut classes short today. Come on, we have to go to Vincenzo Lorenzo, the suit store."

"Why?"

"They finished making your suit! C'mon! I want you to try on more clothes! You need variety in your wardobe! Yunho is holding a charity event tonight. We need to look our best!" Junsu clapped his hands like a happy imp and squealed with delight.

Changmin cringed at this lovely sight in front of him. 

 

 

 

At Vincenzo Lorenzo.

 

 

Changmin stared at himself in this mirror. He was in a private booth surrounded by blue velvet curtains with pink shiffon edges. To explain what the situation was at that particular moment was impossible. Actually, it was more, unbelievable. Actually, RIDICULOUS. He continued to stare at the mirror, with hard stares that made his eyes burn as if acid were spilled on top of them.

"Changmin? What are you doing? Are you dressed yet? I want to see you!" Junsu called out for the young boy. Who was taking a long time to get dressed. But, he was fortunately already dressed. Unfortunately, his outfit was...pugnacious? Is that the right word? What the hell is this? Am I wearing a dead rabbit? That weird stylist put a damn dead animal on me. My s are exposed! What is this? Am I doing an exotic gay shoot? I swear if I didn't tell him to wait outside he wouldn't have left and would have continued to try and touch every inch of my skin!

Goosebumps began to spread all over Changmin's exposed arms. He was wearing a jacket made of faux rabbit fur and the only other piece of clothing was the pair of tight leather shorts the stylist's assistant gave him. He refused to step out of the booth. Junsu went in after him. "What are you still doing in here?- Oh..." Junsu stifled a laugh as he stared at the youngest's red face and disheveled hair. "My my, I'll help you get out of this. Ryeowook must have made a mistake. The owner of the shop hasn't arrived yet, we'll just wait for him." Changmin huffed. As soon as they got dressed and got out of the booth, Ryeowook popped up in front of them. 

"Was it to your liking?" He asked with hopeful eyes. 

Junsu and Changmin exchanged awkward glances. "Uh," They both began to say. But before they could say anything to the hopeful junior's face, a surprise walked through the door. 

"Yunho-ssi?" Junsu gasped, " Why are you here?" 

Yunho cleared his throat, "Just visiting a friend." Just then, the owner of the shop walked in through the door right after Yunho.

"Oh! A full house!" Said a new voice. Changmin curiously looked around and saw a bouncing red head walk towards him. The owner brought his hand out and smiled brightly at Changmin. "Hello, I don't believe we've met, I am Heechul!" Changmin brought out his cold clammy hands and shook Heechul's hand awkwardly, then he bowed out of respect.

"Ah, what a cutie. But, I bet he is a mischeivious one! Right Junsu?" Heechul poked at Junsu's ribs. 

Junsu rolled his eyes. "He has his days. Anyway, Yunho-ssi, why are you here?" 

Yunho took a seat and looked at Changmin, who was staring at his feet. "I'm here to buy clothes. Don't let me stop you from what you were originally doing." He answered emotionlessly.

Junsu shrugged his shoulders and turned to Heechul. "Do you have the suits prepared?" 

"Yes, of course! Come on little one, let's try them on!"

Changmin followed after Heechul into the booth. Heechul brought out his measuring tape and in privacy he began to measure Changmin's arm length, leg length and every inch of his body. "Look's like you packed some choco-pies into the belly!" Heechul playfully poked Changmin's soft belly. 

Changmin giggled at the cold touch. 

"No worries, you can still fit into the suits. Now try this one on first." Heechul brought out a a black and white, checkered suit. Changmin quickly put it on and looked at the mirror. 

Heechul pursed his lips. He squinted his eyes and looked closely at Changmin's body. "I think if we coloured your hair a lighter color it would look better on you. You're too young for this variety. Strip, try this one instead." Heechul then brought out a completely white suit. Almost too clean to even touch. Changmin put it on and liked what he saw in the mirror. 

Heechul smiled. "Perfecto! C'mon let's show everyone!" 

Changmin walked out from behind the curtains. His face hidden slightly beneath his fringe. His cheeks were rosy with embarrasment. He never wore something this nice.

Junsu applauded with joy spread across his face. 

Heechul turned to Yunho's expressionless face. "Well? Proud Papa? What do you say?"

Yunho's face continued to hold no emotion, but the fingers digging into his own knees showed otherwise and Heechul knew this. 

"I hate it. No white. Go change."

Changmin frowned. He felt a pang in his chest. It isn't that Yunho's voice is particularly condescending, but it's the emotionless characteristic of it.

Heechul scoffed and glared at Yunho. "Excuse me, , I picked this out!" He flipped off Yunho and took Changmin back inside the booth. Changmin gasped at the gesture. Junsu just tried to hold in his giggles. 

"That dumb . It's ok Changminnie, I got just the outfit for you!" Heechul pulled out a perfect black suit witha grey collar and a bowtie that perfectly fit Changmin's tall stature and build. "Bravo!"

Junsu shouted with glee, "I love it~"

 

Yunho nodded and left his card on Heechul's desk, then walked out of the shop quietly.

Junsu sighed.

 

"Why did he leave? He didn't even look at me." Changmin frowned. 

 

"It's ok, he has photographic memory. All he has to do is glance at you once and he wil always keep it in his memory." Heechul replied. Beneath those words Changmin sensed a hidden meaning. Heechul's eyes gave away what might be a piece of the puzzle to knowing more about Yunho's past. Heechul then turned to Changmin and patted his cheeks, then looked at him as if he had known him for a long time. "Sweet eyes." He said and walked away.

 

Junsu packed Changin's suit and then they took a limosine home.

 

 

Changmin turned to Junsu, "So, what are charity events like?" 

"Just eating, talking and drinking. Rich people come together to talk about how rich they are. It's not really that interesting. But, since you are new to this family, everyone will want to know more about you. Be careful and don't fish for trouble. Alot of these people might be dangerous. Just lay low and stay near me and Hoya. Ok?"

Changmin nodded and gulped. He was slightly afraid now. 

 

 

The evening came swiftly. The sun set and the clouds began to roll in as they blanketed the sky like scattered cotton upon darkness. The moon shown brightly and made the Jung Mansion glow like heaven beneath its light. The guests began to arrive quickly and soon a crowd gathered in the luxurious ballroom. Warm light spread throughout the atmosphere of the grand hall as it began to fill with more and more people. Beautiful women and gallant men walked in. The women dressed in long dresses and heavy jewelry. The men walked like they were Princes. And as the crowd parted, once could see the least gallant of them all pass through, Park Yoochun. His head was held high and his eyes were inspecting the crowd thoroughly. 

"Insects." He spat. Yoochun turned to his left to Jaejoong, who seemed dead pan bored. "Find Yunho and do what I asked you to."

Jaejoong rolled his eyes and sighed, "Yes oh grand master of all that is evil and dirty." He bowed below ninety degrees with exaggeration and flailed his hands, "I am not worthy!" He snickered and walked away. 

"Stop fooling around!" Yoochun called after him.

Jaejoong nonchalantly pranced through the crowd and purposely walked into a group of women. "Oh my!" They all shouted at once.

Jaejoong quickly put on his pout, "Oh, I'm so sorry! I'm just so clumsy!" His doe eyes mesmerized the women in front of him. He could see that they were already wrapped around his finger. "Ladies, I really am sorry, but I have this condition, it's called Kyremidefrarplasia, it makes me really clumsy and weak." He quickly made up a random word and began to bite his lower lip to get  a reaction out of them. All the women suddenly flocked towards him and offered their hands to touch him and help him, just as long as they can put their hands on every inch of his body. He knew exactly how to grab at a woman's heartstrings! For the next trick, he will accidentally grab a drink and spill it on his chest and suddenly before you know it, he will have a lovely five-some in one of the empty rooms. However, before he could say another word, a pretty face suddenly caught his attention. "I don't think I've seen you before...."

Jaejoong hopped to his feet, "Uh, sorry ladies, I gotta go pee." One of the women grabbed his arm suddenly. "Oh honey, let me help you, you might slip...and hurt yourself...." She winked at him. Jaejoong shrugged, "Oh!  Is that George Clooney?"

"WHERE?" The flock of women quickly rushed towards Jaejoong's pointing direction.

 

Jaejoong sighed with relief and quickly began to pursue the young man in front of his line of vision. 

 

 

 

 

 

tumblr_lzq74n7gSD1qj1kpl.gif

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sorry for not updating! Been a while  I know!  I had some depression and didn't want to write or do anything.