Not an update

Discovery

Author Note:

(because I really don't want you guys to worry)

((Sorry if that got your hopes up gosh))

 

Discovery is a fic I started when I wished I was making my own discoveries, because after high school ended I felt stuck in some dimension outside of time where my life just wasn't moving in any direction and EXO was there to lead me. Though the path they took me on was strange, it was still moving forward. Otherwise, I would have been lost completely.

 

My fic's importance multiplied by thousands when I got sick somewhere around the sixth or seventh chapter (I think? If not, then very close to there). I didn't want to worry you guys, but I wasn't eating much of anything back then and felt terrible for whole months. My weight actually dropped to under one hundred pounds (which is about 45.36 kg for those who use the metric system) in the space of a couple weeks. I got so scared that I would die, like really die from starvation - it was hard not to get scared when looking at myself and feeling like my arms were getting skinny and the rest of me was getting bony just everywhere. I remember rushing through writing the chapters because I worried that I wouldn't be able to finish what I started. At that time, I was scared to eat because it made me nauseated and eventually stopped feeling hungry, so forcing myself to eat was really difficult and stressful, but I did it anyways. I don't think I could have had the strength to eat again without my family and without this fic too because I used this fic as a tool to calm down and keep my mind off of my sickness and my fears. If any of you have read If I Visited An Alien's Home, I am really sorry about taking so long on that one too, but I wrote my characters into situations that are really super close to how I felt when I was sick and it still stresses me out to think about it (that was smart, right? -.-' I'll try to get back to it; I just need a little time first).

 

This fic is extremely important to me and I can promise you that it will not be dropped. I have plans for Discovery.

 

Since starting Discovery, I've also:

1. Gotten better. It took months to feel like me again, but it finally happened. My weight is still a little shy of normal, but it's getting up there. I don't look so skeletal anymore. There's a specific weight I remember from before I was sick that I'm aiming for, but I'm still ten pounds (about 4.54 kg) or so short.

2. Gotten a job. I work in a factory. I think I'm actually gaining some muscle because of it too! I'm really excited about this; my coworkers all have some sort of superhuman factory worker strength and I hope mine kicks in soon! The downside to this job is that my writing time has been cut down severely, but I'm doing my best to make it work.

3. Started far too many fics for my own good. I have one about aliens made from golden goop, one about cats and magic, one about pandas kind of not really coming to life, one about a compulsive kleptomaniac (plus a sequel), one that was wayyyy out of my comfort zone (plus sequels to that too, because I adapted somehow), and one about the meaning of soulmates that I hope gets to be something epic. All the long fics are still ongoing too gahhhhhhhhhh I need to work on those

4. Tried and tried to figure out my life's direction. I think I'll just go in all directions and see what happens.

and 5. Spent stupid amounts of my job earnings on junk food, but hey, at least I'm eating :)

 

P.S. does this purple color hurt your eyes to read? Maybe it's because it's such a huge chunk to read, but wow my eyes hurt

P.P.S. I'm going to try to work on the next chapter this weekend. Someone hand me some rope; I'm going to tie my imaginary muse down tomorrow after work and force it to give me words yup yup