Chasing Five

The Grand Chase
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

(Ryeowook's Pov)

 

"Wah! Magic!" Our little girl exclaimed as she kept on raising a piece of paper against the chandelier light.

"That's right, Sulli~ it’s like magic!" I emphasized every word for more impact while looking at Kangin hyung.

"Yeah yeah... I admit! That Kyuhyun guy thought this out really well." He raised his shoulders.

"Have you met this Kyuhyun?" My dad joined the conversation.

"Sort of." I watched Sulli play with my letter. "I just met him yesterday. But I saw him before."

"Is he handsome?" He continued to ask.

"Umm..."

"Tall?" Kangin hyung added before I could answer.

"Smart?" My dad asked again. "Is he good at--"

"Let me answer!" I exclaimed with reddish cheeks.

They laughed at me and Sulli stopped admiring the letter too to pay attention to me.

"Alright! We'll stop." The both said unison.

"He's tall; he can be cute and handsome too. I think he's smart, and he's good at volley ball." I answered quickly. "But he wears glasses and he does the uniform closed collar so he looks like a nerd."

"He's a brainiac just looking at the letter." My dad said as he put his apron on. Even though we have maids, my dad cooks for us if he's at home. And he's very good at it. He teaches me his recipes too sometimes.

"I wonder what he'll do next." Kangin hyung stated.

"Me too..." I murmured to myself.

 

The next day, I can't lie and say I wasn't looking forward to what will Kyuhyun do this time. I was hoping though. I'm not really sure if he will do more of his brainy letters.

"Good morning oppa!"

"Hello, Ryeowook hyung!"

"You look good today, oppa!"

I was rained with morning greetings again as I walk through the corridors. I tried my best not to miss one of them to greet them back. I was lucky to be known like this, to be admired by these people. I can't become an arrogant person.

I reached my locker in peace, looking it's the gray paint. My eyes sparkled when I see a white paper glued at my locker.

"0140 020 | 0150 0120 050 0220 0150 020 | 040 0120 0120 0160”

The small letter says.

"What the munchkins? Numbers?!" I messed my hair. "I'm not good at math!"

As I worried myself over this mystery, I saw a blond man looking at me. His face is familiar. Maybe he greets me everyday too.

"Umm... Good morning...?" I hesitantly said and waved at him awkwardly, ashamed that I don't remember him.

He ignored me and rolled his eyes, walking away. What did I do?

Before getting upset a bit, I stared at the white, clean paper and took it to my hands. I gazed at the edge of it and caught a little KH at the end.

"KyuHyun?" I guessed and talked to myself.

"That's right!" I was startled when his voice reaches my ear.

"H-Hey!" I stuttered and turned around to see him. He is still wearing his glassed but there is something about him that changed. He was completely,... different. Good but different...

He didn't reply anything but gave me another plain white envelope with a purple seal, just like his first letter. I hesitantly took it from him while glancing at his grin from time to time.

"If you can't look back, you can't go forward." He recited with a mysterious smile. Is this another riddle?

"What?" I asked, confused at his statement. Okay, he's getting a little weird.

"It's good to last, because sometimes you'll be the first." He grinned and held my shoulder. "Keep that in mind."

"What?" I repeated like a broken recording. It was so mysterious! He walked away after patting my back a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter