Chasing Nine: The final Chase

The Grand Chase
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The feeling of the soft, fuzzy fur underneath Ryeowook's fingers were warm. The puppy kept sleeping, problem free. The blinds on his windows had been closed as well as his door. It has been whole two days since. His dad and hyung didn't bother to ask, they heard it from Eunhyuk most probably. He did not bother to go to school. He did not bother listening to Kyuhyun's yells whenever he goes down at their house gate, not bothering to look at his lies on his messages.

He does not bother to care. Oh really? But he was hurt. Deeply hurt. He just couldn't comprehend. Why and what did he do wrong? He didn't break Kyuhyun's heart. He didn't say anything rude nor hurt anyone. He had been good. He had always been good. And he just... just fell too hard.

Kyuhyun wasn't really hard to love. He was amazing. He was perfect. Ryeowook convinced himself that he was only sad that he lied to him, that he only feels like this since Kyuhyun had been really kind and loving towards him. But it won't work. All words of encouragement from his bestfriends and family won't work. Ryeowook doesn't know why. He felt like crying all day and night. The unexplainable pain in his chest was just so hard to bear. To think that a person did all that to extent of letting everyone know and do almost anything for you just to make you fall in love with the objective of only breaking your heart, won't be that hurtful? Too hurtful.

Looking at this white, fluffy puppy sends sadness and bitterness to Ryeowook's mind. All he can remember was him. It was afternoon already. Around one o'clock. Until that time of the day he was still feeling heavy with his head hurting from too much thinking and crying. He haven't eaten breakfast nor lunch. All the people inside their home was worried. His best friend still giving him a call from time to time, but he doesn't answer. He had no energy too. Two days must be too much time to sulk and even let his studies be affected by just a single guy. It must be too long to stay in his house, thinking of something that might be pointless now.

"Ryeowook?" He heard the voice of his father after a knock on his door. "Please eat something. I have your lunch right here."

He felt guilty. He could even hear his younger sister persuading him to eat. He took a deep breath, wiping dried tears after. This time he must set aside his sadness. His dad, his hyung and dongsaeng is affected with his stupidity of falling in love. He doesn't want his dad and siblings to be sad for him too. Even Eunhyuk and Donghae, his best friends, he doesn't want them to worry anymore.

Two days WAS a long time now, he spoke in his mind. He gathered himself together, letting a foot down from the bed to the floor. Ryeowook walked towards his door, knowing that his father was still there, hoping that he would open up.

"Sorry..." He quickly apologized. "Thank you." He tried to smile. But he ended up failing anyway. It was a painful sight in his dad's eyes. Seeing his son hurt like this was a huge pang to his chest.

"Eat up."

 

 

Ryeowook decided to go to school. Still absent in his earlier subjects. But it doesn't matter. If he push himself, he would forget his pain with all the things and lectures he had missed out. He let the redness of his eyes pass before going to class. He wished that he can avoid all the questions from all his friends and classmates. Having considerate companions, his wish had been granted. After telling everyone that he was fine, they stopped questionning him and helped him catch up from everything he missed. All was going well.

"Ryeowook!"

Maybe not all is well.

Ryeowook had reached school garden when a voice called his name. His eyes grew wider with shock and nervousness. He must not see him! He doesn't want to! He knows that voice more than anyone. He just realized that he missed hearing it. He missed to so much. But at the same time he is pained to hear it. Ryeowook didn't look back but started running like what he did before, hurriedly heading towards no where just to escape him. Where is Eunhyuk? They supposed to meet up here!

"Ryeowook please! Wait!" Kyuhyun had reached him, holding on to his wrist right on tight. He will not let him go this time. "Please! Listen to what I have to say!"

And he stopped. Something in that voice. It was was different. It was shaky, desperate. It sounds... true.

"Please... I'm begging..." The older finally stopped struggling and looked at the eyes he adored and missed. He didn't even know how much it meant to him until now. Their eyes met and Ryeowook could've sworn Kyuhyun's eyes looked so distressed. So lonely.

"What you heard that night... It was all a lie!" He continued, holding on to Ryeowook's wrist like he was so scared to lose him. Ryeowook could feel Kyuhyun's hands trembling. He couldn't look away from his eyes. He couldn't speak as he doesn't know what to say. "The other guy I was talking with..."

"W-Who..." It was Ryeowook's turn to have his voice shake. "Who was he? What did I do to you? To him?! I trusted you!!"

Ryeowook broke down. He hit Kyuhyun's chest repeatedly with both of his closed fist as he yelled and cry. Kyuhyun still held on to Ryeowook's wrist, not giving anything up. He had finally got him. He will not let go. Never.

"He was my best friend. My only best friend, Ryeowook." He explained, letting Ryeowook continue hitting him. If that's what will lessen his anger towards him, he will do anything. "He, Sungmin, had been my friend since I was young... I couldn't let him down... He admired you before I had known you. I heard and known of you because of him and loved you because of his stories about you. When he confessed to you, you turned him down. I bet

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter