Tea Parties and UV rays

Being With You

 

Age 6

 


 

 

Minho should have known something like this would happen when Taemin told him they were going to Sulli’s house. It should have been obvious that something like this was going to happen, but he ignored the thought.

 

He should have paid more attention to the look Sulli’s brother gave him that said “RUN!”

 

But he didn’t run. He stayed, oblivious to what he knew was coming.

 

They were here for a tea party.

 

And for some reason, Sulli had deemed he was going to be a princess. Minho guessed this was what he got for letting his hair grow out long. He really needed to go out and get a haircut. He didn’t even look like a girl with long hair, but for some reason, Sulli had decided that he must be the princess, her brother was a prince, and Taemin and Sulli were their siblings. Jongin and Krystal were their best friends visiting from their own kingdom.

 

“I tried to warn you,” Sulli’s brother said.

 

“I know. I’m an idiot. I get that a lot...” Minho replied.

 

He didn’t know Sulli’s brother all that much. They had talked a few times since Taemin and Sulli along with the other two were practically always together. He was nice, a bit younger than himself.

 

“At least she isn’t making you wear a dress like she made me wear last time.”

 

Minho thanked every possible being that Sulli wasn’t making him wear a dress.

 

“Okay! It’s time for tea! Princess Minho oppa, can you please pass the tea pot?” Sulli asked. He heard Taemin’s snickering and gave his little brother a light glare. Taemin was enjoying this situation a little too much. It was probably because of the tiara he had on his head. He would never join another tea party.

 

“Princess Minho hyung, can you please pass the sandwiches?” Taemin said. Minho could hear the amusement in his voice when he said ‘princess.’ Taemin was just teasing him now.

 

“Of course princess Taemin,” he replied with a smirk.

 

“I’m not a princess! I’m a prince,” Taemin said, puffing out his little chest.

 

“The picture in my phone of you dressed as a girl says otherwise.”

 

Taemin shut up after that, knowing there was no arguing with Minho hyung on that one. Since that incident the year before, they had constantly dressed him as a girl to trick people. At first Taemin thought it was funny, until he realized that being cute was the opposite of being manly, so he didn’t want to be dressed as a girl anymore. Of course, that didn’t stop Key umma  from still dressing him up. Both Sulli and Krystal complained when they saw him dressed as a girl, saying he looked really cute, and Jongin kept teasing him.

 

Jungmo hyung said he looked cute, and after that, Minho hyung didn’t let his friends–or at least Jungmo hyung–from seeing him dressed as a girl again.

 

Now though, Taemin was having his revenge, because now he got to see Minho hyung with a tiara on his head. Sulli even took a picture of it with her brother’s polaroid camera, and gave him the picture. He just wouldn’t let Minho hyung know that he had the picture. This was for his eyes only (and maybe Key umma’s, Jonghyun hyung’s, and Onew hyung’s).

 

Taemin had been getting a whole bunch of different habits from his hyungs. Jonghyun hyung was teaching him how to pull pranks, and Onew hyung was teaching him jokes. He wanted to learn the body gags Onew hyung does, but Key umma wouldn’t let him. Key umma was teaching him how to dance. He still needed a lot of work, but he was practicing, and he loved it. Jongin even started learning with him. Key umma was teaching him, and he was teaching Jongin. They planned on going to an actual dance class when they could.

 

Minho hyung had put him in piano lessons, which he thought was really fun. It was only a few times a  week after school, but Taemin always looked forward to those times.

 

“Prince Taemin hyung, we should go for an adventure some time,” Jongin said.

 

“We should,” Taemin replied. “Next time, we will go for an adventure together!”

 

“And save the princess and slay the dragon,” Krystal added.

 

“No! Dragons are good. I like dragons,” Taemin said. The others looked at him questioningly, except for Minho, who smiled, knowing exactly what Taemin was talking about. “Minho hyung is my dragon, and I will never hurt Minho hyung.”

 

“Thank you Taeminnie,” Minho said, reaching over and patting Taemin’s head. He then pouted, turning to the other kids in the room and dramatically bringing a hand to clutch his shirt over his heart. “I’m hurt. You guys guys want to hurt me? After everything I’ve done for you?”

 

“Of course we won’t hurt you Minho oppa. But why are you a dragon instead of a prince?” Sulli asked.

 

“Because dragons are big and strong. No one would ever mess with a dragon,” Minho replied.

 

“But the prince always defeats the dragon.”

 

“Not always. Plus, I’m only letting the right prince or princess get by me. Not all princess and princesses are good you know.”

 

“Princess? A princess would never slay a dragon,” Krystal said.

 

“It’s possible. Girls can be strong too,” Minho said.

 

“Yeah! I’m strong,” Sulli said.

 

“Of course you are,” her brother said. Taemin smiled, because now the other knew that dragons were good. Minho hyung was his dragon and Minho hyung would never hurt him, or anyone unless he had to. Taemin hoped he never had to. “So, how come Minho hyung doesn’t have to wear a dress but I do?”

 

“Because Minho oppa is a giant,” Sulli said.

 

“Oh come on, I’m sure one of umma’s skirts would fit,” her brother said. Minho glared at him. Suddenly, he didn’t like this guy anymore. This was a betrayal of the largest kind.

 

“You traitor,” Minho said.

 

“If I had to suffer, so do you,” he replied.

 

Sulli and Krystal seemed to love this idea, and ran off to get a skirt. Taemin and Jongin laughed, and soon, Minho was wearing a medium length pink skirt over his gray jeans. He never wanted to flip a table more than now, and he had to stop himself from doing so. He was so busy glaring at the skirt that he hadn’t noticed the picture Sulli had taken of him and passed to Taemin.

 

“Now Princess Minho oppa, would you like some more tea?”

 

“Yes please.”

 

“Ladies don’t use such tones oppa.”

 

Minho bit back a response. He had to remember he was dealing with six year old children right now, not teenagers. Their pure little ears couldn’t hear any type of bad language at all, especially not Taemin. Taeminnie was much too innocent to listen to any bad words. He swore if he ever heard Taemin say a bad word, he’d hunt down the person that taught it too him and destroy them. Especially if it was that Jungmo kid. That kid was definitely trying to taint his innocent little Taeminnie, and he would not allow his little brother to land in the clutches of a savage eight year old with impure intentions.

 

Tea time continued with their little sandwiches and tea, talking as sophisticated sounding as they could, making sure to keep their pinkies up when they took a sip of tea. Minho was scared to say he was actually getting used to this. That was an extreme problem. This could never happen again, and what happens today stay between those in this room, and no one else. Today’s events would never leave this room.

 

At some point thankfully, the tea party ended, and he and Taemin were allowed to go home. Of course, they go straight home. They stopped for ice cream, because they were both craving some at the moment. Minho took some strawberry ice cream, and Taemin got banana. They shared, obviously, making it a nice fruity frozen delight. Taemin ate most of the banana flavored ice cream, but that was expected.

 

They needed to get home soon though, because the sun was starting to set and Minho really didn’t want Key nagged at him. It wasn’t like they were going to do much at home anyway. Most likely watch some episodes of Pokemon, take a bath, and then go to bed. Though episodes of Pokemon did sound entertaining, they also had other things they could do. Probably harass Jonghyun for a while. Or get Jonghyun to help him harass Key a little. Either one sounded fun.

 

So long as they had a little fun before going to sleep, Minho and Taemin were content. Causing a little mischief was always fun for them, especially when they got to do it together. It was always better when you had an accomplice to help you with your schemes. Minho was the plan maker and Taemin was the helpful accomplice, causing trouble throughout the Choi Residence for their own entertainment.

 

Of course, they were constantly scolded by Key, but Minho didn’t care. Taemin would feel bad, and say he would stop, but then Minho would coax him into joining once again. Key said Minho was being a bad influence, but Minho told Taemin that as long as he was there, and they weren’t hurting anyone, a little fun was okay. Taemin was only allowed to be this way if Minho was with him.

 


 

 

“No.”

 

“Pleaaaase?”

 

“No.”

 

“Pleaaaase~?”

 

“N.O.”

 

“PLEASE?!”

 

“Yah! What are you two yelling about?!” Key entered the room, glaring at Minho and Taemin who were standing in front of each other, Minho with a stern look on his face, and Taemin with puppy dog eyes and a pout on his little face. He knew Minho was struggling to deny Taemin whatever it was he wanted. “Someone want to explain what is going on?”

 

“I want to go to Jungmo hyung’s birthday party,” Taemin said.

 

That was already a problem, and Key didn’t see why Minho seemed so horrified by the idea of Taemin going.

 

“It’s at the beach,” Minho added.

 

That was the actual problem. Minho did not want his little adorable brother exposed for erts and es to see him. Worse, he didn’t want Jungmo seeing Taemin in his swim trunks. Who knows what was going through that little eight year old mind. Minho just knew he wouldn’t like it, not one bit. Key on the other hand, didn’t see much of a problem with it.

 

“Minho, stop being annoying and let him go.”

 

“The beach is a dangerous place. There are sea monsters and sharks,” Minho said, trying to scare Taemin out of going. Taemin didn’t seem as fazed by it as he thought he would.

 

“But you’ll be there too, so I won’t have to worry about sharks and sea monsters! Hyung could beat them all!” Although Minho was flattered by the fact that Taemin thought of him as a superhero, he still didn’t want Taemin to go. Not when that kid would be there. “Please? Sulli, Krystal, and Jongin are going too! Jungmo hyung said I could even bring you with me!”

 

“No.”

 

“Minho,” Key said threatening. “Let Taemin go to the party or I swear I will stab your Park Ji-Sung signed soccer ball.”

 

“You wouldn’t.”

 

“Try me.”

 

“Fine! You can go... But you must keep your shirt on at all times.”

 

“That’s weird hyung. Why would I wear a shirt while at the beach?”

 

“B-Because UV rays are very bad for your skin. They can cause cancer you know. Very bad.”

 

“He can wear sunscreen,” Key said.

 

“I really hate you sometimes,” Minho replied, glaring at Key.

 

Luckily, the party was still a week or two away, so Minho had enough time to think of a plan to keep Taemin safe from the monster named Kim Jungmo. That boy would not touch his younger brother. He did not approve of that boy for his Taeminnie. If he had to go out and find another boy or girl for his Taeminnie just to get him away from Jungmo, he would. Maybe even Sulli or Krystal! Or even Jongin! Maybe not Sulli, because Minho feared he’d be subjected to more tea parties if those two ended up together, but still! Either one of them were a better choice!

 

Taemin went off to bed, happy that Minho finally agreed, leaving Minho with Key, and Jonghyun and Onew who entered the room a minute later.

 

“You really are impossible. It’s an elementary school crush. Is this because they are both boys? Because if it is Minho, I swear I’ll–”

 

Minho interrupted Key, already knowing where that speech was going. “I don’t care about them both being boys. Its just that kid. I don’t trust his intentions with Taeminnie. I wouldn’t mind if it was Jongin pursuing Taemin.”

 

“Minho, he’s eight. What could he possibly do to Taemin?” Jonghyun asked.

 

“ him.”

 

“Jesus, Minho, don’t you think that’s a little extreme?” Onew asked.

 

“Nope. That kid is probably very much capable. He’s probably allowed to use Google. This is why Taemin isn’t allowed to use the internet. It’s too dangerous for his eyes,” Minho said.

 

“Minho, I know you’re concerned about Taemin’s well being, but remember, he’s six. Kids are going to do whatever they want and think back on it when he’s younger and laugh. I can’t tell me you didn’t have an elementary school crush,” Onew said. Minho nodded, not wanting to admit it, but it was true. He did have a few elementary school crushes on a few girl. “So why can’t you let Taemin experience a bit of what you already did?”

 

“Because I was an antisocial child. I never did anything about those kid crushes. This Jungmo is trying, and succeeding. Taemin is too little to date anyone. He’s not like me hyung. I grew up too quick because my parents were barely there to take care of me. Taemin now has us to take care of him. He can be happier, have a longer childhood. Relationships just means he’s growing up,” Minho said.

 

“So you’re afraid of him growing up?” Minho nodded, and Onew continued. “I’m sorry to tell you, but that’s going to happen at some point. But you are right about one thing: Taemin has us to look after him, and we will, but we can’t try and keep him from experiencing life. One day will come when we won’t be there, and because we didn’t let him experience life like he should, he won’t know how to take care of himself. Just think about that, and go to bed. Taemin is probably waiting up for you. You know he has problems sleeping if you aren’t there.”

 

Minho nodded again and got up, going to his room where Taemin was laying, trying his best to keep his sleepy little eyes open. Minho lifted the blankets, slipping in and setting close to Taemin, immediately bringing the boy into his embrace.

 

“Time to sleep,” he said. He kissed the top of Taemin’s head. “Good night Taeminnie.”

 

“Good night Minho hyung,” Taemin said, lifting himself to kiss Minho’s cheek before settling back down with his head against Minho’s chest.

 

He knew Taemin would eventually have to grow up, and he knew he wouldn’t always be there for Taemin.

 

But that didn’t mean he couldn’t do everything possible to protect his little brother in the meantime.

 

 


Yay! I managed to update two of my stories in one day!

It's been a long day. I barely got to have any breakfast before my sister dragged me out to help her clean her car. Then when we got back I had to go wash my hair for my mom to dry it. I had like 5 minutes after to update "Onward" which I had finished writing last night (after I got home at 1 in the morning for the Fall Out Boy concert) and get changed to go to the hospital. I took my laptop with me, but I had to do some school stuff first, and I forgot my charger (because I'm an idiot) so I didn't get to write too much of this fic, and then I had to go out and get school supplies (which I still haven't finished getting) and then I got home and the first thing I started doing was finishing this chapter. All in all, it's been crazy.

Not to mention, I'm thinking about writing another horror oneshot. 

Well, i'm done here. Going to go start working on the next chapter of Those Unspoken Words."

Thank you for reading! I hope you enjoyed the new chapter!

Please COMMENT and tell me what you think~

Bye bye~