Pancakes and Games

Being With You

 

Taemin walked around the house aimlessly. It was Sunday morning, and his parents had gone out for a bit, and Minho hyung was still asleep. He didn’t want to wake him up, because he knew Minho hyung liked to sleep a lot.

 

But Taemin couldn’t sleep anymore. He had woke up sometime at night to some weird noises, and he was curious as to what they were. He couldn’t get up though, because he didn’t want to wake Minho up, and it was too dark. He was afraid of the dark. So he just went back to sleep, and told himself he’d find out what it was in the morning. So that was why he was up now. He was on an adventure!

 

He knew for a fact that the noises came from his parent’s room, now he just needed to find out what the noises were. It sounded a lot like umma and appa, but he couldn’t be sure, so he had to check.

 

He opened their bedroom door, looking around the room. Everything looked neat, nothing out of place. The bed was fixed and clean. There were no clothes on the floor. Maybe the drawers? He opened whatever drawer he could reach, even checking the closet, before checking the nightstands on either side of the bed. Those had drawers too! He checked the one on the right first, finding nothing but papers and books.

 

He moved to the one on the left, and opened the top one first. That one just had papers, just like the other nightstand, so he checked the bottom drawer. When he opened it, he found a whole bunch of weird stuff. He’d never seen this kind of stuff before. He grabbed the one object he recognized and went back to his hyung’s room. Maybe he’d know what all of the stuff was.

 

He found Minho still asleep and poked him. Truthfully, he was curious and hungry, and since they were the only ones home, and hyung told him not to use anything in the kitchen alone, he couldn’t make himself breakfast. Plus, he still didn’t see over the counter without the little steps Minho hyung bought him. He was sad he wasn’t taller, but Minho hyung promised him that he’d be taller one day, and that he’d just have to wait.

 

He continued poking until Minho began to grumble.

 

“Hyuuuung,” he whined. Minho shifted a bit so he was facing Taemin, and opened his eyes, squinting at first because of the light, and blinking to get used to it.

 

“Hey Minnie? What are you– Minnie why are you holding a pair of handcuffs?”

 

“They’re so cool! They’re like Officer Jenny’s!”

 

“That doesn’t answer the question. Where did you get handcuffs Minnie?” Minho was trying to sound as gently as possible, because on the inside, his heart was palpitating and he was about to have a panic attack. The first thing you expect to see in the morning is not your four year old little brother playing with a pair of handcuffs. That just wasn’t a normal sight at ten in the morning.

 

“In umma and appa’s room. There was a lot of weird stuff hyung. One of them looked like a private part, except bigger!”

 

Dear God, Minho was about to have a , or a seizure. This was bad. This was really bad.

 

“And I heard noises that night hyung, coming from their room. It was really weird.”

 

Good Lord, why has no one called an ambulance yet? He was sure the grim reaper was already standing in the corner or the room, just waiting for his soul to fly out. Had he been drinking or eating anything, he would’ve choked and made the process so much faster. First it was the fact that his parents still did that and that Taemin had found their toys.

 

Oh God, they probably used those last night! Taemin said he heard noises. Why me? Why make me answer these questions? Aren’t they too old to be using this kind of stuff?!

 

“L-Listen Minnie, these are uh... Umma and appa’s special toys. We can’t use those. Only umma and appa can.”

 

“Toys? Why can’t we use them?”

 

“M-Maybe when you’re older. Those are grown up toys.”

 

No. No no no no no. Minho didn’t even want to think about what would happen when Taemin was older. He did not want to imagine his sweet, adorable, and innocent little Taeminnie doing those kinds of things when he was older. He wouldn’t allow it. Never. Taemin would never be deflowered by anyone, male or female. Taemin would remain pure. He was born pure and he’d die pure.

 

“Okay. So, when I’m older, can we play with them hyung?”

 

“No Minnie, you only play that with the special person you marry.”

 

“Okay hyung. I won’t play with it until I’m married.”

 

Nope. He didn’t even want to think about Taemin getting married. He wouldn’t allow that either. What if the girl Taemin married wasn’t right? What if she ended up being some gold digger that ended up cheating on him and breaking his heart? No, he had to keep Taeminnie safe. He couldn’t let anything hurt Taemin. Absolutely nothing. Taemin would forever be the little boy that loved Pokémon and believed in Santa Claus and the Tooth Fairy.

 

His first mission of the day was to hide all of his parent’s toys. Those were a complete no no, and he’d have to have a talk with them later about being more careful next time. He didn’t even want to think about a next time, but it was always a possibility. He took the handcuffs and told Taemin to wait there. He went to his parent’s room, seeing the drawer still open and had to hold back his vomit. It was worse than he thought. He got some toilet paper from the bathroom to wrap around his hand before picking up the items and putting them in a shoebox in the top of the closet where Taemin would never reach. He couldn’t allow his little brother to be tainted anymore than he already had just seeing those things.

 

As soon as he was done, he went back to Taemin. They went to the bathroom together, because Taemin was still too small to ever reach the sink by himself. He allowed Taemin to do his business before helping him wash his hands and washing the boy’s face, before washing his own. They brushed their teeth together, Minho going slow so that Taemin could follow exactly what he was doing. When they were done, they spit into the sink, Taemin stepping onto the little steps Minho had gotten him so that he could reach. They took their own cups filled with water and spit out the rest of the paste that was left.

 

Decided what to eat for breakfast was a bit difficult for them, because Minho was limited on the things he knew how to cook. Usually they settled for some cereal, or kimchi stew, but today, they both really wanted pancakes, and neither knew how to make them.

 

“Hey Tae, do you think Key would be willing to come over now?”

 

“Key umma is coming again? Can Jonghyun hyung and Onew hyung come too?”

 

Minho chuckled and nodded, getting his phone and putting it on speaker, so that if they got mad if they were being woken up, Taemin could calm them down. They all had a soft spot for Taemin, and Minho loved using that to his advantage.

 

They called Key first.

 

There was a few rings before– “What the hell do you want?”

 

Minho had to hold back a laugh when Taemin stared at the phone in confusion. Taemin wasn’t used to hearing Key so grumpy, but Key was an cranky person in the morning, especially if someone woke him up.

 

“Well, I need your help.”

 

“Are you a fu–”

 

“Taemin is here and you’re on speaker.”

 

“Taebaby!” Key immediately cheered up, and Minho knew it was for two reasons. The first reason was that Key could never stay cranky around Taemin. It was just impossible for him. The second reason was that Key nearly swore, and they would not allow Taemin to hear bad words. He didn’t even want to think about what Key would do when he found out what Taemin found this morning.

 

“Key umma! Can you make us pancakes?”

 

They heard Key sigh, before they heard some shuffling. “I’ll be there in a bit.”

 

“Thank you Key umma!” Taemin exclaimed.

 

“Anything for you Taebaby.”

 

“Thank you Key umma,” Minho said teasingly.

 

“You’ll be eating flies, froggy.”


 

 

They called Jonghyun and Onew, and it didn’t take much convincing to get them over, even though Onew was a heavy sleeper. Jonghyun went because Key was going, and wanted to play with Taemin. Onew was coming because of the promise of good food.

 

Key showed up a while later, just as promise, followed by the other too. He made them pancakes, Taemin’s specially made with bananas. Key was thinking about adding chocolate chips, but Taemin just had cookies last night, so he had enough sweets for a while.

 

“Minho, do you have any butter?” Jonghyun asked.

 

“You know its in the fridge hyung.”

 

“Yah! Is that how you treat your guests?!”

 

“You practically live here, you’re no guest.”

 

Key umma explained to Taemin that for a while, he and the others would be living here. Taemin was completely excited by the idea, because now he has more hyungs to play with. Key just didn’t want to tell the little boy that once his umma and appa left on business trips, they’d move in. They already had their own rooms, and Minho’s parents knew they lived there most of the year, and had no problem with it. Despite how crazy they were with work, they weren’t very strict, and very laidback. It was easy to get away with anything.

 

On the other hand, he didn’t think Taemin would be too upset by it. They were barely ever home anyway, so what’s there to be upset about. Plus, he was more attached to Minho than them, and soon Key, Jonghyun, and Onew would be living there. Taemin would never be lonely with all of them there.

 

Breakfast was done, and before Minho could suggest watching anymore Pokémon–surprisingly, he had gotten hooked on it with Taemin–Key suggested they played a few games. Too much tv was bad, so they had to put a limit on it. Maybe an hour or two a day, but no more than that. The first game suggested was hide and seek, because Taemin was dying to play it with his hyungs.

 

First, Minho was chosen to be the seeker. They stayed only in the first floor of the house. All rooms were acceptable for games. Minho was counting to 30, a number Taemin still couldn’t reach yet. Instead, when it was Taemin’s turn, they said they would give him the cooking timer, so that he could know when to start searching.

 

Jonghyun hid behind one of the couches in the living room, Onew hid behind the curtains, Key hid in the bathroom behind the shower curtain, and Taemin hid behind the pillows in their parent’s bedroom. There were a lot of pillows there, so it was easy to cover himself with. Key umma helped cover him too, so the pillows were all on top of him.

 

He couldn’t see who was being caught, but he could hear everything.

 

“Onew hyung, I can see your feet.”

 

Onew hyung was caught.

 

“Really Jonghyun? That was the best you could do?”

 

There went Jonghyun hyung.

 

There was silence for a while. The only thing that could be heard was Minho’s footsteps, a few doors opening, and faintly, Jonghyun and Onew talking.

 

“Ahhh!!!”

 

Key umma was found.

 

“Ahahaha!”

 

“Did you have to scar me?!” Key umma said.

 

“Not my fault you weren’t paying attention,” Minho hyung responded. Minho hyung was closer to his room now, so there was a chance that he could get caught, so he had to be really quiet. He put his hands over his mouth so that Minho wouldn’t hear if he made any noise. A few more doors were opened before Minho finally stopped at their parent’s room. It was the last place he had to check.

 

“Hmmm. Where oh where could my little Taeminnie be?” Minho hyung said. Taemin held his mouth shut so that he wouldn’t giggle. He couldn’t lose!

 

“I can’t seem to find him anywhere. I guess I’ll just take a nap,” Minho hyung said. Taemin was confused. Why would his hyung take a nap while they were in the middle of a game, and why here of all places? His thoughts were stopped when he felt the pillows press down on him.

 

“So soft~ I should just sleep on top of the pillows.”

 

That wasn’t good. Minho hyung was huge! He’d crush him!

 

“No no! Hyung! I’m here! I’m here! Don’t crush me!”

 

He heard Minho laughing before the pillows were removed from him and he was picked up and spun around. He giggled and asked his hyung to do it again, which he did happily.

 

“Hyung! You could’ve crushed me!”

 

“Haha, sorry Minnie, but I knew you were there.”

 

“Eh? How?” Taemin asked.

 

“I could see your hair peeking out from under the pillows,” Minho said.

 

Taemin pouted. He was betrayed by his own hair. He started patting his head, playing with his hair a bit before Minho took him back to the living room where the others were waiting. Onew hyung and Jonghyun hyung were laughing while Key umma was glaring at Minho hyung. Taemin guessed Key umma was still mad at Minho hyung for scaring him. Key didn’t like scary things, and he didn’t either.

 

Onew hyung was next as the seeker, followed by Key umma, Taemin himself, and then Jonghyun hyung.

 

Onew found them all pretty easily, though he tripped a few times along the way. When Key umma went, Minho hyung decided to scare Key umma again, since he was the last to be found. He grabbed Key umma’s ankle from under the table, and then started laughing hysterically after Key umma screamed and then started yelling at him. Taemin found them all really quick! Onew hyung was pretending to be a lamp–which confused him–, Jonghyun hyung under the bed, Key umma was in a closet, and Minho hyung was on top of the book shelf. Taemin still had no idea how he managed to get up there.

 

Jonghyun hyung was last. Tamin hid in a closet with Minho hyung, Key hid under a bed, and Onew hid in the bathroom. Onew hyung was surprisingly the last to be found that time.

 

“Hey Minnie, want to help me scare Key again?”

 

“But won’t Key umma get mad?”

 

“No, it’ll be fine.”

 

So Taemin did as he was told. He waited for Minho’s signal before getting Key umma and bringing him to the living room to sit with him. Key umma was confused, because he was just about to start cooking, but Taemin told him that he wanted to show him something, so he needed to go with him. They sat on the long couch, Taemin on one end and Key umma in the middle.

 

“What did you want to show me Minnie?”

 

“W-Well... I like your shoes umma.”

 

“Thank you Minnie, but– Ahhh!!!!”

 

“Ahh!”

 

The side of the couch were no one was sitting flew off and Minho screamed from under it. Key was already on the floor screaming, and Taemin was still sitting on the couch, terrified and confused at the same time. He knew Minho was under the couch cushions, but he didn’t think it would be that scary! He wasn’t expecting it at all!

 

Onew hyung, Jonghyun hyung, and Minho hyung were laughing hysterically, Jonghyun hyung and Onew hyung already on the floor and Minho hyung still were he was, holding his stomach. He calmed down just enough to get out from under the cushions and stand, though still doubled over laughing. Key umma had stopped screaming long enough to glare at Minho hyung, and Taemin was sure he saw lasers.

 

“You’re a dead man Choi.”

 

Minho hyung ran, Key umma chasing after him, but he was still laughing. They made it outside of the house, running around it was Taemin watched curiously from the window.

 

“Is this normal?” he asked.

 

“Well, usually, no, but for us, yes. It happens a lot Taeminnie, its something you’re going to have to get used to. It’s just how we have fun and joke around,” Jonghyun said.

 

“B-But Key umma looks mad...”

 

“Yeah, that’s normal too. Don’t worry about it too much. Do you want them to stop?”

 

Taemin nodded and watched silently as Jonghyun opened the window and stuck his head outside.

 

“Key!” he yelled.

 

“What?! Can’t you see I’m busy trying to skewer a frog?!”

 

“Taeminnie is hungry! His tummy is rumbling!”

 

“Coming!”

 

“And there you have it,” Jonghyun said. “Now we all get some food!!”

 

Taemin wasn’t really sure what was going on, or if he should believe Jonghyun hyung when he said this was normal, but oh well. What could he do about it? He liked them just the way they were.


 

 

“Did you have a good day today Minnie?” Minho hyung asked while he tucked him in.

 

Taemin nodded and yawned, snuggling closer to his hyung. His eyes were drooping and he was really sleepy, but he still wanted to stay awake.

 

“Tired?” Minho hyung asked.

 

Taemin shook his head and Minho chuckled, hugging the boy closer to him.

 

“I like being with Minho hyung and Jonghyun hyung and Onew hyung and Key umma,” Taemin mumbled. Minho his hair and planted a soft kiss on his head.

 

“We like being with you too Minnie.”

 

Taemin’s eyes were already closed, but he was still mumbling stuff, and Minho had to shake him ever so slightly to get the words out of him.

 

“Minho hyung?”

 

“Yeah?”

 

“I love dragons.”

 

Minho smiled warmly, giving him one more peck before turning off the light.

 

“Sweet dreams little boy.”


There it is~ New chapter~!

Hehe, this chapter was fun. I loved it.

In case you didn't get it at the end, when Taemin said he loves dragons, he's refering to the story Minho told him the night before. And Minho called him the little boy. 

Thank you to ChoiGiGi for the idea about Taemin finding toys and Minho having to hide them!! It was great! 

Well, I'm off! I must start working on "Those Unspoken Words."

DO YOU KNOW HOW HAPPY I AM THAT THIS STORY ALREADY HAS 12 UPVOTES?! I'M FLIPPING EXTATIC! 

Ahem, now that I've gotten that off my chest, I'm done here!

Please COMMENT and tell me what you think~! Oh! And if you have any ideas you want to tell me about, such as a situation you want to see between Minho and Taemin, feel free to tell me! I'm all ears!

Also, from this point on, Taemin is going to start getting older~! 

Bye bye~