Cookies and Dragons

Being With You

 

Taemin wasn’t particularly happy. Minho had to go work on a project at a friends house, and he couldn’t take him with him. He didn’t want his Minho hyung to leave, but he couldn’t get in the way of his hyung’s work either. He had to be a big boy, and big boys were strong, like his hyung. Big boys could be without their hyung for a while. It wasn’t like it was for forever right? His hyung was going to come back. He promised he’d always come back.

 

“I’m sorry I can’t take you with me Minnie. I would if I could, you know that,” Minho said. Taemin didn’t want his hyung to be worried about him. He shouldn’t make his hyung worried, because then he wouldn’t be able to concentrate properly.

 

“I-It’s okay hyung. I’m a big boy,” he said. Minho chuckled and ruffled his hair.

 

“Yes you are a big boy. Once Key gets here, I’ll be going.”

 

“Key umma?”

 

“Of course. You didn’t think I’d leave you here alone did you? Umma and appa are at work and you can’t stay home by yourself,” Minho said. He sat on the couch with Taemin seated between his legs, hugging his frog plushie to his chest with his back against Minho as they watched cartoons together in the afternoon, waiting for Key to show up. Taemin had taken to calling Key “umma” after he had learned that an umma doesn’t have to be a girl. Also, Key had insisted, and Taemin couldn’t say no to him.

 

“W-When are you coming back?” Taemin asked.

 

“Well, it’s twelve right now, I’d say at around four? Maybe 5? I’m really not sure Minnie, but I’ll try to get here as soon as possible,” Minho said. Taemin nodded and continued watching Pokémon, which was his favorite show. Pikachu was his favorite, even though Minho for some reason prefered Charizard. Taemin couldn’t understand why Minho chose a Pokémon that always caused so much trouble. It just didn’t make any sense to him. Minho did like to try and imitate Squirtle though, which Taemin always loved to hear. It always made him excited for the next time that Squirtle would come out, because then his hyung would imitate him.

 

He knew they were just cartoons, but he wished they were real, that way Minho and Squirtle could have a conversation.

 

“Hyung, if you were a Pokémon, would you be squirtle? Since you sound like him?”

 

“No, I’d prefer to be Charizard. I think he’s cooler.”

 

“What about me?”

 

“Hmm.. Well, why not Pikachu? I think you’d be a great Pikachu,” Minho said.

 

“What about Key umma, Jonghyun hyung, and Onew hyung?” Taemin asked.

 

“Well, I think Jonghyun hyung would be Charmander. Onew hyung can be Psyduck, and Key can be Persian.”

 

“Persian? Isn’t that the boss’s Pokémon? Isn’t he bad?”

 

“Yeah, but that doesn’t mean the Pokémon is bad, he just has to follow his owner. Plus, Key looks and acts like a cat.”

 

“I heard that!” The two turned to see Key standing behind them, hands on his hips and a glare set in Minho’s direction. “Did you forget I have keys to this house?”

 

“Hey, I just said you’re nice despite being the boss’s Pokémon, and you glare at me?”

 

“I am not a cat,” Key hissed.

 

“I beg to differ.”

 

“Get out.”

 

Minho chuckled and got up, picking up Taemin and setting him on the ground before squatting down to his height.

 

“Okay Minnie, I’m going now. Be good okay?”

 

“Okay hyung.”

 

“If you need me for anything, I’m only a few minutes away. Don’t hesitate to tell Key to call me, okay?”

 

“Okay.”

 

“Listen whatever Key tells you, alright?”

 

“Alright.”

 

“And–”

 

“For God’s sake, Minho, get out! He’ll be fine, he’s with me!” Key pushed Minho towards the door, clearly having had enough of his antics. Taemin watched, confused as Minho kept yelling things to him as Key continued to drag him out of the door. He really didn’t know what was going on, but he thought it was funny seeing Minho get so worked up the way he did. Minho was always so cool and calm, it was a nice change seeing him act so silly. Taemin really liked this side of his Minho hyung.

 

“Key, the doctor’s number is on the fridge. No dessert before lunch. Don’t let him go outside alone. He doesn’t like being alone for too long, so make sure you’re always in sight.”

 

“Minho! I know how to take care of children! Now get your out of this house before I literally kick it out!”

 

“And I thought your were Persian. You’re more of a Meowth.”

 

“Get out!”

 

“Bye Minnie! I’ll see you later!”

 

The door was promptly slammed shut, but he could see Minho grinning and waving at him behind the glass of the door, and Taemin smiled and waved back. He didn’t like that his hyung was leaving, but he knew Minho would come back, because if not, he would be a liar, and his hyung said he would never be a liar. Plus, Minho’s little antics really cheered him up, so he didn’t see why to be so upset. Not to mention that he got to spend the afternoon with Key umma, and that was always fun.

 

Key umma was at the door, mumbling some stuff Taemin couldn’t quite catch, but he was sure he heard something about “stupid frogs” and “annoying aliens.” The confused Taemin the most. Aliens? Does that mean aliens exist? And Key umma talked to one. Taemin really wanted to meet one! Ever since he watched E.T with Minho, he really wanted to meet an alien and ride a bike in front to the moon. He just didn’t have a bike, and he still didn’t know how to ride one yet. Minho hyung said he would teach him soon though, so he was still excited.

 

“Key umma! You’ve met an alien? Can I meet him? Please?”

 

“What are you talking about?”

 

“Y-You said something about an alien,” Taemin said.

 

“Oh that, nevermind that. I was just talking about Minho.”

 

“Hyung is an alien? D-Does that mean he is like ET?”

 

“No, Minho isn’t an alien, he just looks like one.”

 

“He looks like ET?”

 

“Not all aliens look like ET, Minnie.”

 

“Oh.”

 

Key chuckled and held his hand, walking with him to the kitchen. It was almost one o’clock now. He hadn’t eaten anything since he and Minho woke up at 9, so he was really hungry now. Key said he was going to make lunch, even asked him what he wanted to eat, but Taemin wasn’t really sure what he wanted, he was just hungry. Minho was always happy knowing that Taemin wasn’t a picky eater and would try just about anything as long as it was edible and looked good enough. Strangely enough, the boy ate quite a lot despite how tiny he was.

 

They had settled on making some sandwiches. Key umma even cut the crust off, saying that it looked much cuter this way. It was a regular ham and cheese sandwich with mayonnaise and ketchup. A strange combination, but Minho hyung had gotten him hooked on it. It was Minho hyung that first made it for him, and although Key umma didn’t like it, he made it for him. Key umma made himself a similar sandwich, ham and cheese, just without the mayonnaise and ketchup. The lunch was continued with a dessert of fruit and banana milk, something Minho made sure to fill the fridge with after finding out Taemin’s love for it.

 

The best part of lunch was that Key umma let him help make it. He wasn’t allowed near the knife, but he didn’t really mind. He let Key umma handle the sharp objects. He put the cheese and the ketchup on the sandwich. Key umma cut off the crusts, spread the mayonnaise, and put the ham. It was a lot of fun in his opinion. He’d ask Minho the next time he was going to make something if he could help too. He wasn’t allowed to cut the fruit, but he and Key umma fed each other, and it was a lot of fun making faces with the grapes and orange slices.

 

The banana milk was like the cherry on top.

 

After that they played games, because Key umma said that he can’t just watch tv all day, because it was bad for him and kills brain cells. Taemin didn’t really understand what that meant, but if Key umma said it, it must be important right? Key umma said he’d make sure to tell Minho hyung about it so that Minho hyung wouldn’t watch too much tv either. He said Minho hyung needed as much brain cells as he could get.

 

First they started off with a memory game. Taemin really liked that game, because he kept winning! Whenever he did, Key would give him a different prize. Sometimes it was a sticker, or a new shiny coin. Taemin really liked shiny things, and the stickers were Pokemon stickers, so he really loved those.

 

Next was hide and seek. The house was pretty big, so there was a lot of places to hide. Taemin had the advantage since he was smaller and fit into tight spaces, but Key umma always seemed to find him. Taemin always struggled finding Key umma, but after a while, he managed. It helped that Key umma would sometimes forget he was in the middle of a game, and accidently say his thoughts out loud, which helped Taemin find him.

 

“Hey Taeminnie, how about we make cookies?”

 

“Really? Can we?”

 

“Of course! Come on!”

 

Needless to say that cookies were much more difficult to make than sandwiches. The white powdery stuff just went everywhere. The slightest wind had the stuff flying everywhere, and Taemin was sure that his hair was white now. He just hoped it wouldn’t stay like that. He quite liked his brown hair. He wanted to make it long like Minho hyung’s. He wanted to be just like Minho hyung.

 

Key umma helped him mix everything together. They stirred it all together. Taemin mixed while Key umma added the ingredients, since he understood numbers more. Taemin wasn’t really sure how much of what he needed. All he knew was that Key umma told him to add something to a certain point, and thats what he did, though he couldn’t deny that some of it got out though. In his defense, the window was open and it was quite windy. The powder was just flying everywhere.

 

“Key umma, can we add a lot of chocolate chips?”

 

“Do you want a lot of chocolate chips in it?”

 

“Neh!”

 

“Then a lot of chocolate chips we shall add! But remember, after your cookies, you have to brush your teeth, okay?”

 

“Why?” he asked.

 

“Because if you don’t all of your teeth will fall out. Do you want your teeth to fall out?” Key umma asked.

 

“N-No! I don’t want that!”

 

“Then I suggest you brush your teeth after every meal, okay?”

 

“Okay!”

 

Soon they were placing scoops of dough on trays and the trays were put in the oven. During the time it took the cookies to bake, which really only took about ten minutes, he and Key umma cleaned up there mess. Taemin would deny that he alone made the mess. He honestly blamed it mostly on the wind, and on the flour for flying away so easily, but Key told him that the wind wasn’t capable of cleaning up the mess, so they had to do it. Taemin wasn’t all that fond of cleaning, but Key umma found ways to make it fun. They danced together around the kitchen, singing songs that Key umma had decided to teach him, as well as try and keep up with Key umma’s dancing. He really wanted Key umma to teach him, because he really liked it, and Key umma was really good at it!

 

There mess was cleaned and their cookies were ready. Taemin really wanted to eat them, but he told himself and Key umma that he’d wait until Minho hyung got there, because he wanted his hyung to see them all. He wondered if Minho hyung liked cookies. He hope he did, because he really wanted his hyung to try them. Key umma promised him that they would taste delicious, but he wanted his Minho hyung’s word for it too. Maybe Minho hyung would be proud of him for helping Key umma make the delicious cookies.

 

Right then, he heard the door open and close, and as soon as he heard the familiar deep, soothing voice, he made a run for it. He ran as fast as his little legs could take him, not paying attention to Key umma’s laugh or anything else. He was just too happy that Minho hyung was back. He couldn’t wait to tell Minho hyung all about his great day with Key umma, and especially show him the cookies. The cookies were important.

 

“Hyung!”

 

“Hi Taeminnie,” Minho said, dropping everything and scooping the boy up into his arms. Taemin was settled at his hip as he walked farther into the house. “Missed me?”

 

Taemin nodded vigorously.

 

“How much?” Minho asked.

 

Taemin released his hold on Minho and spread his arms out as wide as he could. “Thiiiis much!”

 

“I missed you too Minnie,” Minho said, hugging Taemin tightly to him, a hug which Taemin was more than eager to return. “So, what smells so good?”

 

“The cookies!” Taemin exclaimed. “Hyung! Key umma and I made cookies!”

 

“And how did that go?”

 

“I learned flowers aren't just colorful and pretty. It’s white and soft and goes in food. It’s evil hyung. It went everywhere.”

 

Minho chuckled at Taemin’s explanation. “Did you clean it up?”

 

“Neh, Key umma and I cleaned up the kitchen! A-And we played games, and made sandwiches. Hyung, Key umma is really good at hide and seek. You should play with us next time.”

 

“Of course I wil Minnie. We’ll even get Jonghyun hyung and Onew hyung to join us.”

 

Taemin cheered and when they entered the kitchen, Key umma was already sitting there, the plate of cookies in front of him along with three cups of milk, one of them clearly smaller and being banana milk, which Taemin immediately reached out for. Minho hyung sat him down in his chair and passed him his cup and a cookie. Taemin wasn’t going to eat his cookie without Minho hyung trying it first though. Minho hyung must have noticed this too, because he took a cookie and looked at Taemin before taking a bite.

 

Taemin’s eyes were filled with anticipation, and they sparkled with joy when he saw the smile on Minho’s face as he swallowed the bite he had taken.

 

“These taste great Minnie. They’re perfect,” Minho said. Taemin clapped and grinned as he finally decided that he too could now eat his cookie. He and Key umma spent much of the time telling Minho about their day together. It was five o’clock when Minho returned, and it was seven o’clock when Key umma finally left. Taemin was a little upset, but Key promised he’d come back soon, so he wasn’t too worried. He had no doubt that Key umma would come back, and he hoped that next time, Jonghyun hyung and Onew hyung could come too.

 

Needless to say that until bedtime, Minho and Taemin stayed up watching Pokémon.

 


“Minho hyung?”

“Yes Minnie?”

 

“I want to stay with you forever,” he said.

 

“That would make me happy.”

 

Taemin yawned, snuggling closer to Minho and laying his head on his chest, enjoying the warmth and safe feeling his hyung gave him.

 

“Minho hyung?”

 

“Yes Minnie?”

 

“Can you tell me a story?”

 

“Of course.”

 

Taemin loved the stories Minho told him. They weren’t always with princesses or princes, but they were just as great. Sometimes they were really funny, and sometimes they were just so soft and fluffy. He liked the fluffy ones the most, especially when he was sleepy, because they always guaranteed good dreams. He didn’t like his nightmares. They were too scary, and he didn’t like them. Minho usually did a good job of chasing them away, but sometimes not even that was enough. Sometimes he just wished he didn’t dream at all. He didn’t like the nightmares.

 

The only problem was that he could never remember what it was about when he woke up. He would wake up with absolutely no idea what he dreamt, all he knew was that he didn’t like it, and it was scary. He wanted them to stop.

 

The story this time was about a little boy. The little boy lived happily, until one day, something bad happened and the boy wouldn’t wake up. The people didn’t know what to do, and thinking he was dead, they left him. However, a dragon appeared. People were afraid of the dragon. He was a scary looking dragon. The dragon saw the boy, realized he was still alive, and took care of the boy. Many people came, trying to take the boy away from the dragon, but the dragon fought every one of them off. The dragon was very protective of the boy. And one day, a girl appeared. She was kind, and had no ill intentions. The moment she stepped in, the boy woke up, and left with the girl. The dragon was sad, but he continued to watch over the boy, and make sure no harm came to him.

 

Taemin wondered why the boy left with the girl. If he were the boy, he would’ve stayed with the dragon, because the dragon had taken care of him for so long. The dragon cared for him when no one else did. He felt bad for the dragon, that was left alone.

 

“Minho hyung?”

 

“Yes Minnie?”

 

“I love you.”

 

“I love you too.”

 

If Taemin was the little boy, then he was certain Minho hyung was his dragon, and he would never leave his Minho hyung.


Yay! Update~!

Okay, I'm going to make this short because I have to go take a shower and its midnight and I'm sleepy. I was forced to wake up early. Not fun. 

Anyway, here is the new chapter! I honestly don't even know how I came up with this. I was just craving chocolate chip cookies and the voila. I wrote thise.

Next story on the update list is "Those Unspoken Words." Look forward to it! I know a lot of you are really excited about that fic! 

Okay, for anyone that didn't understand the story, this is basically what it is saying. The story is Minho talking about he and Taemin. Taemin is the little boy and he is the dragon. Minho watches over Taemin and takes care of him, but he fears that one day, Taemin will grow up and he won't need Minho anymore. That's what Minho is trying to say from the story. It's his fear of Taemin growing up.

Okay, I'm pretty much done here.

Please COMMENT~! It really makes me happy!!!!! Do you know how sad I get when I work hard on a chapter and it gets no comments? Very said.

 

But anyway, COMMENT~! And feel free to upvote too~ Those really make me happy XD

Bye bye~!