Flirting and Dresses

Being With You

 

Minho was not a happy camper. Most definitely. The scene in front of him was completely unacceptable. That shouldn’t be happening. He couldn’t allow this. Never. Never ever. He couldn’t let it continue. He needed to go over there and stop it. Taemin was only five years old. This kind of stuff wasn’t allowed. He was still too young. He needed to put an end to it. He needed to save his little Taeminnie. He was Taemin’s dragon. He had to keep his little boy safe at all costs. From everything and everyone.

 

That little kid was getting too close to his little Taeminnie.

 

Who did this little kid think he was anyway, getting so close to his little brother like that and giving him a dandelions like he had a chance. This seven year old little boy was going after the wrong kid. Sure, Taemin did look quite feminine, but that didn’t mean this little boy was allowed to flirt with him. He honestly didn’t care if Taemin liked boys or girls, so long as he was older, much older when it happened. Not when he was five.

 

Taemin was too young, too naive. He didn’t understand what the boy was doing. He just thought the boy wanted to be friends. Taemin didn’t understand skinship, he liked holding hands. That boy was holding his hand.

 

That boy was holding his innocent little Taeminnie’s hand...

 

Oh. Heck. No.

 

“Minho, I know what you’re thinking. Calm yourself. They’re just kids, it’s normal,” Key said from beside him. Jonghyun and Onew were beside him, gushing over how cute the little scene was, but Minho saw nothing cute about it. Maybe if it was with someone else. Minho honestly wouldn’t mind if it was with Jongin or Sulli or Krystal. He knew them, he trusted those kids. But this was an unknown offender going after his little brother.

 

That was a big problem.

 

“It is not normal. We didn’t hold hands when we were in their age,” Minho grumbled.

 

“Yes, that’s because you were an anti-social loner as a kid. Taemin is shy, but he’s not hard to talk to like you were. I’m surprised this didn’t happen sooner actually,” Key said.

 

“I can’t let this continue.”

 

“Oh lighten up, it’s cute. Just kindergarten crushes. The kid probably thinks Taemin is a girl too. I told you he should get a haircut already,” Jonghyun said.

 

“That’s worse! My Taeminnie is most certainly not a little girl!”

 

“Could’ve fooled me...”

 

“How about we think about this rationally? The kid will realize Taemin is a boy and he’ll back off,” Onew said.

 

“Oh, so just because Taeminnie is a boy, he’s suddenly not good enough?”

 

“Minho, I’m really going to punch you in the face if you don’t shut up,” Key said.

 

“Hyungs! Umma!”

 

Minho turned and saw Taemin running towards them, still holding the older boy’s hand. Minho had to keep himself from glaring because he knew Taemin was scared of his glare, so he tried his best to smile as sweetly as possible. He didn’t like this kid.

 

“Hyungs! Umma! This is Jungmo hyung! Look, he gave me flowers,” Taemin said, lifting up the little dandelions in his hand. “Jungmo hyung is really nice to me. He makes sure the other big kids aren’t mean to me.”

 

“That’s good Taeminnie. Thank you for taking care of him while he’s in school for us Jungmo. I’m his Key umma. That’s Jonghyun, Onew, and over there sulking is Minho, his brother,” Key said.

 

“Minho hyung? Why are you sulking?” Taemin asked.

 

“I’m not sulking. Key is just being a .”

 

“Watch it Choi.”

 

“It’s nice to meet you guys, but my mom is waiting for me. Bye Taemin-ah,” Jungmo said. He gave Taemin a kiss on the cheek and one last hug before running off to his mother. Minho swore he saw a smirk on the kid’s face and he glared at his back as he ran. This kid just defiled his precious little brother’s face.

 

The boy was very much aware that Taemin was male, so that just meant he didn’t care. That kid just dared to kiss Taeminnie’s pure chubby little cheek right in front of him. This boy clearly had no respect for his elders. Minho couldn’t have someone like that around his little Taeminnie. He was a bad influence. Taeminnie needed nice, polite friends who wouldn’t make him a bad boy. Dear Lord, Jungmo was already being disrespectful. What if he turned out to be a rebel and a criminal? What if he ended up in a gang and dragged his sweet little Taeminnie down with him?

 

He needed to get Taemin away from this boy now.

 

“Taemin, what is Jungmo to you?” he asked.

 

“My friend! I only get to see him during recess, but he always talks to me then, and doesn’t let other big kids hurt me. He said when we’re older, we’re going to get married!”

 

That’s it. Minho was most definitely going to kill a child, and he’d proudly turn himself into the police right after. Proudly. How dare that child say he was going to marry his little Taeminnie. Taemin was too good for him. He wouldn’t allow this. He would not accept this. Never. Ever. Taemin was not allowed to even think of marriage right now. No dating either. Taemin would not start dating until he was at least sixteen, maybe even older if he could stop it from happening for long enough.

 

Taemin latched onto Minho hand on the walk home, happily humming and holding onto his dandelions. Minho wanted to take them, stomp them into the ground and set them on fire. They were from the enemy. All play dates would be supervised, and they couldn’t get within 2 feet of each other, at most.

 

There was no way that kid was his Taeminnie.

 

“Oh this is just too cute,” Jonghyun said.

 

“Indeed it is,” Onew added.

 

“Guess we have a future wedding to plan,” Key said.

 

“Yay!”

 

“Great.”

 


 

 

Key umma didn’t say what he was doing, so Taemin was confused. Key umma just said they were going to scare Minho hyung, so Taemin didn’t see why they needed hair and dresses. It seemed weird. He didn’t think boys were supposed to wear dresses. He thought that was only for girls. It was actually kind of comfy though. It was flowy, so he could move his legs around easily. Maybe he could wear them more often? They seem easier to run in, much more free than pants. Did other boys were dresses too?

 

Key put the fake hair on his head, and his hair looked a lot longer! It was past his shoulders now, going down his back. It was kind of soft too! But how was this supposed to look scary? He didn’t see the scary part to it. Maybe Key umma was going to pop out from somewhere and he was just a distraction? That was okay too he guessed. He doesn’t think he’s ever seen Minho hyung scared, so this was going to be fun! He couldn’t wait to see how this turned out!

 

“Hey Key, what are you- Who’s the little girl?”

 

Taemin turned to see Jonghyun hyung at the door. He smiled at his hyung going over to him and standing in front of him.

 

“Hi Jonghyun hyung!”

 

“Hyung? Wait, wha- TAEMIN?!”

 

“Yep!”

 

“I think I need to sit down...”

 

Key umma was laughing in the background, and Taemin was confused. He didn’t see what was so funny. Why was Jonghyun hyung so surprised? Wasn’t it obvious that it was him? Maybe this was how they were planning on scaring Minho hyung? Oh! That was a good idea! But Minho hyung should easily be able to recognize him right? Right? So how was this going to work?

 

“Now Taeminnie, listen very carefully, when you go to Minho’s room, don’t call him ‘hyung’ okay? Call him ‘oppa’,” Key said.

 

“But why?”

 

“I want to see how long it’ll take Minho to realize its you,” Key replied. Taemin nodded. So this was like a test? Taemin didn’t like tests. They gave him a test on the alphabet before. He passed though, so that was good! He didn’t like it, but they weren’t too hard, so this wouldn’t be too hard for Minho hyung either right?

 

“Okay umma. I’ll do my best!”

 

“Good job Minnie! Oh! And tell Minho you’re name is Taeyeon. We can’t have him finding out too quickly.”

 

Taemin nodded and ran off to Minho hyung’s room. He couldn’t wait to see his hyung’s reaction! It would be really funny! He just hoped Minho hyung wouldn’t be mad at him like Key umma gets mad when they scare him. He didn’t want Minho hyung to get mad. Minho hyung was scary when he was mad.

 

He knocked on Minho hyung’s door, waiting for him to open the door. He had to hold in his giggles so that his hyung wouldn’t hear them and find out too soon!

 

The door opened and Minho looked around before looking down. He was confused, but smiled anyway. This was probably just one of Taemin’s little friends that came for a playdate and was looking for Taemin. “Can I help you?” he asked.

 

The little girl nodded and smiled at him. “My name is Taeyeon. I’m looking for Taemin.”

 

“Hmm, he should be around here. Come for a playdate?”

 

“Neh. Can you help me find him oppa?”

 

Minho nodded and walked out of his room, leading the little girl around the house and calling Taemin. After a while, he started to panic. Taemin always answered him when he called. Maybe he was outside? Maybe the others knew.

 

“Hey Key, have you seen Taeminnie around?” he asked.

 

“Yes, indeed I have.”

 

“... So could you tell me where he is?”

 

“No. He’s hiding. You have to find him. I’ll give you a hint though, he’s very close by.”

 

Jonghyun was laughing in the background and Minho was starting to wonder if this was some kind of joke. Taemin knew better than to keep people waiting like this. This poor little girl was looking around with him for almost half an hour now. He had a feeling Jonghyun and Key put him up to this. “I’m sorry Taeyeon ah, I’m sure we’ll find him soon,” he said. Jonghyun let out an extra loud laugh and Minho was starting to get suspicious.

 

“It’s okay oppa,” Taeyeon said. Jonghyun was already on the floor laughing now, rolling around and Key was holding a hand over his mouth to keep himself from doing the same. Minho glared at them. They definitely knew something he didn’t.

 

“Alright, what’s so funny?”

 

“N-Nothing- W-We just- Oh God this is better than I thought!” Key was now following Jonghyun’s example, doubled over and laughing hysterically.

 

“I don’t get it! Someone tell me what’s going on!”

 

“O-Okay. O-Okay. T-Taeminnie, come to umma now. We’re done now.”

 

Minho watched as Taeyeon skipped over to Key and stood in front of him. Maybe she just heard wrong? He clearly heard Minho call for Taemin. That wasn’t Taemin. Taemin’s hair was shorter and-and he was a boy. Taeminnie was a boy. He... He didn’t wear dresses.

 

“Key umma, I thought you said we were going to scare him!”

 

“This is better Taeminnie. He’s both confused, shocked, and freaking out internally. Just wait for it.”

 

This wasn’t possible. This wasn’t right. There was clearly something wrong here, because his adorable little brother was dressed up as a little girl and that wasn’t the kind of stuff you saw everyday. This was a problem that needed to be fixed now.

 

“...Key?”

 

“Yes?”

 

“Why is my little brother wearing a dress and hair extensions?”

 

“Because we wanted to know how long it would take for you to realize that it was actually Taemin. Speaking of Taemin, you did so well! My precious little actor! You’ll be famous one day and Umma will be so proud of you!”

 

“Yay! I’m going to be famous!”

 

“.......I need to sit down.”

 

Onew entered the room after hearing all of the noise. “Why were Key and Jonghyun laughing so loudly? Minho why are you sitting on the floor? Who’s the little girl?”

 

“Ask Key.”

 


 

 

Minho wasn’t sure how he was going to survive the rest of the year like this. He was too young to be feeling this old. Might as well give him one of those Life Alert buttons just in case. First there was Jungmo, then Key dressing up Taemin as a girl, and now Onew was teaching Taemin jokes.

 

“Hey hyung! Knock knock!”

 

“Who’s there?”

 

“Queen!”

 

“Queen my dishes please!”

 

That one was actually cute, but then there were other ones that were just so weird Minho didn’t know if he should laugh because they were so bad it was funny, or for poor Taeminnie who had no idea who terrible the jokes Onew was teaching him were. In the end, he cried for a little bit of both.

 

It was going by pretty smoothly over all though. There were no major problems other than Jungmo.

 

Jungmo was a big problem.

 

Minho was going to deal with this problem.

 

Soon.


 

  

 

 

Taemin and Jungmo XD

Okay, I'm done now! XD

Thank you for reading! I hope you enjoyed the chapter!

Don't forget to COMMENT! Comments are love!!! :D

Bye bye~