Introduction

Nobody Said It Was Easy

Two boys stood in front of a small house waiting for the door to open. The smaller one of the two, Jiyong, continued to prattle about his upcoming plans.

 

“And don’t forget, Seunghyun, I’m seeing Kiko tomorrow.” Jiyong reminded his older brother.

 

Seunghyun shrugged, “Yah, whatever.”

 

Seunghyun, older by three years, had despartely asked his younger brother, Jiyong to hang out with him and his girlfriend Bom today. On other occasions, Jiyong would refuse and that would be the end of it. But this time, Seunghyun practically begged and Jiyong took this opportunity for an exchange.

 

Yep, Seunghyun is now Jiyong’s official chauffer for the next two months. The whole ride over, Jiyong had been listing all the places he needed to go this entire week, majority of it were girls’ houses.

 

“And you can pick me up the next morning, cause well you know.” Jiyong smirked and elbowed his brother.

 

Seunghyun’s lips distorted in disgust, “Alright, I don’t need to hear this . Neither does Bom.”

 

“Why?” Jiyong’s said indifferently, “She hears it all the time and she doesn’t get offended. I have physical needs bro.”

 

“Well, bro, it won’t be just us today…” Seunghyun cleared his throat, “I would prefer you keep any information about your girls…quiet.”

 

Jiyong grabbed his brothers’ arm, “What do you mean… Who else-“

 

The front door flung open and Bom ran into Seunghyun’s open arms. They greeted each other lovingly and bombarded each other with sweet kisses.

On the other hand, Dara and Jiyong looked at each other.

 

God, this guy looks like a tool. Dara thought.

 

Where the hell are her s? Jiyong contemplated.

 

Although the two attend the same school, and are well aware that their siblings are together, they had never actually talked to each other. Jiyong stuck with his own crowd which involved mostly boys and Dara kept her nose in her books. They would have never thought they would actually be hanging out.

 

Until today.

 

By force.

 

To hell with it. Jiyong thought. Maybe she'd be down to hook up or something.

 

He smirked with the idea and openly studied her. She had straight simple hair, no make up, no accessories, and a simple, blue spaghetti strap dress just below the knees. It was like she didn’t give a rat’s about him. But that was weird. He was Jiyong. He attracted girls for a reason. He had it all—the looks, the charm, the money, and all by the age of fourteen.

 

But Dara just glared at him which only made him pissed off. Jiyong was about to ask her if something was wrong with her face until Seunghyun spoke first.

 

“Hey Dara, I want you to meet my brother Jiyong, he’s your age. I’m sure you’ve seen him around school.”

 

Jiyong masked his irritation and gave her his most attractive smile, “Hey.”

 

Dara’s eyebrow lifted in curiosity, “Yup.” Popping the “p” with her lips.

 

That’s it? Not even a hello back? Who does she think she is? Jiyong’s smile turned upside down as Dara focused her attention on his brother, her scowl turning into a genuine smile.

 

“So what movie are we watching? I expect you to buy me popcorn AND candy this time!” She said.

 

Seunghyun chuckled, “Of course, anything for Bom’s little sister.”

 

“Awesome.” Dara’s smile got even wider as she stepped outside and lifted her hand to Seunghyun which the latter did the same and both high fived. As she walked passed the three she yelled back, “Shotgun!”

 

Bom and Seunghyun laughed as they turned and followed the girl towards the car. Jiyong, however stood their shocked. At that moment, he despised Dara for not only her bad attitude towards him, but called shotgun! Before he could! This girl was already on his nerves and it hadn’t been five minutes.

 

 

 

 

 

“Hey Jiyong can you go ahead and buy the tickets, Bom and I are gonna go say hi to a few friends.” Seunghyun said as he opened the door for Bom.

 

Jiyong nodded, “Sure, no problem.”

 

“Dara you should accompany Jiyong.” Bom said a little too thrilled.

 

Dara stepped out of the car and glared at Bom, “Fine.”

 

The both of them walked in silence all they way to the movie theatre. As they got the tickets, they continued to be awkward.

 

Jiyong, being the outgoing person he is decided to say something. Anything.

 

“I like your dress.”

 

Dara eyed him carefully for a moment, then turned around and ignored him.

 

Maybe she didn't hear me. Jiyong thought.

 

“I said I like your-“

 

“I’ll be at the candy store.” Dara cut him off,  “Just tell Bom and Seunghyun to get me when it’s time for the movie.” She walked off.

 

Jiyong’s hand balled into fists. This girl was testing his patience. Screw trying to be friendly, he was going to slap her. Jiyong jogged over to Dara’s retreating figure and grabbed her arm, “What is your problem?”

 

Dara immediately stopped and looked at him expressionless, “I don’t have one.”

 

“Then why are you being such a ?”

 

Ouch. Dara thought, she sighed and looked right into his eyes. “Look, I don’t want to be here, I’m only doing this because Bom really wanted me to come. I didn’t know you were tagging along too and to be honest, me and you,” she pointed at him then herself, “don’t mix.”

 

“How would you know? You’ve never even met me.” His grip tightened around her arm.

 

“I already know what kind of person you are the minute you stood in front of my house with Seunghyun.” She jerked her arm out of his hold, “Don’t think I didn’t notice you looking at my s.”

 

Jiyong was about to say “What s” but decided against it. “I don’t know what you’re talking about.”

 

“And don’t try to small talk with me. Save it for someone who cares.” Dara crossed her arms, “I’m really not trying to be a . I just don’t want to talk to you.”

 

His jaw clenched and as much as he wanted to strangle her he kept his cool. If she didn't want to get along fine, he'll just be the she thought of him as. He stepped closer to her and lifted her chin with his pointer finger. “Maybe, we shouldn’t talk at all and do something else.” He said suggestively.

 

Dara looked at his penetrating gaze for a long time.

 

Jiyong was about to smirk in victory until Dara shortly replied, “Uh huh.” And walked away.

 

“God I hate her.” He muttered.

 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 =]

Don't forget to subscribe!