I take the offer!!!!

War of the waiters

Jonghyun's POV

I turned my head e agerly to face Mr. Lee and from the courner of my eye I could see Kibum do the same. My heart was thumping real fast as if my life depended on the job as I was silently praying to God that I would be picked.

Lee Sooman signed and stared at both of intensely as if trying to create a dramtic pause. I felt my palms get sweatier by the second as I played with my own fingers.

He finally opened his mouth and I was willing to kill the guy for making such a cliffhanger.

"I am hiring......." - I gulped - "Both of you." - Lee Sooman said and leaned back enjoying  our reaction.

My mouth was hanging open as I tried to register what the man had just said. I slowly turned towards Kibum who had a blank look on his face. He seemed to be as surprised as me.

I looked back at my new boss ( you won't imagine how proud I was that he is no my boss ) and found him trying to hold back a smile. And that's what woke me up.

"THANKYU SO MUCH!!!!" - I stood up and leaned over the table in an attempt to shake the man's hand. He seemed a bit taken aback but shook my hand back nonetheless.

I turned quickly towards Kibum prepared to give him a hug or congratulate but managed to stop myself when I saw the worried expression on his face. Mr. Lee followed my gaze and furrowed his eyebrows when his eyes met the boy's.

"Are you not happy Kibum-shi?" - Kibum blinked twice as if trying to come up with an answer.

"There's..... a 'but' isn't there?" - I looked at Kibum with confusion processing what he had just said. - "There is no way you want to pay two waiters when you onlky need one....."

I looked at mr. Lee hoping he would just laugh and say that Kibum is being just way too nervous but instead the said man signed and massaged his temples. I sat back down.

"You are.... correct, Kibum-shi. We need one waiter and I am not willing to spend the money paying the two of you."

"So you are just going to pay us half?!?!?!" - Kibum jolted up angrily.

"No!" - Mr lee quickly stopped Kibum who relaxed a bit. - "Let me finish..." - I nodded my head for him to continue while the boy next to me just rolled his eyes but sat back nonetheless. 

"The two of you.... will work together for 3 months. Each of you will only get half the salary. During the time each of you will do your best and by the end of..." - Mr. Lee looked at his calender. - "January, I will have to make up my mind on who will stay and who will go. Does that make sense?"

Both of us nodded.

"Are you willing to take up the offer?"

I went deep into thought.

On one hand, I would get a half-paying job for 3 months at least. And if I learn all the cool waiter skills like holding 3 traus at the same time, I might have a chance to get a permanent job.

On the other hand, considering my lack of work experience it is possible that the Kibum guy will get the job and I will be left with nowhere to go and I would have wasted 3 months on nothing.

"How much will we get payed?" - I asked curiously looking at Mr. Lee. 

"Well, the normal salary is 1000000 won, so each of you will get 500000 won a month."

"I take the offer!!!!" - I practically screamed. Mr Lee smiled an looked over at Kibum who seemed to be deep in thought.

Finally he seemed to have reached a conclusion as he straightened up in his seat and looked with those oebs at our boss.

'I will.... take it as well."

I smiled..... and I have no clue why. I should be mad - I have competition...... but for some reason it made me rather happy tha Kibum would also work here.

"Then that is settled" - The boss looked through his drawers and finally fished out two pieces of paper which he handed to us. - "Make sure to fill it out by tomorrow. Junsu will hand out your uniforms. Ask him about your shift as well. And always come half an hour before your shift starts. That's a rule."

We both nodded.

"Now, shoo~ I am a busy man' - He made shooing motions with his hand which led us both to stand up, bow and exit the room where we found junsu waiting for us.

"Congrats, guys! And welcome into the family." - Junsu said smiling as he motioned us to follow him. 

We entered the huge kitchen which was full of guys..... attractive guys. All of them seemed to be busy working. the air smelled like as mixture of sweet and sour and I felt my stomach make an SOS sound.

Junsu whistled and got everyone's attention.

"Hey guys, listen up! This is kim Jonghyun and Kim Kibum and they will be joining us starting from tomorrow. The two of them will work here for 3 months on a half salary and after that only one will stay. So don't be confused that there are 2 new waiters instead of one. Please treat both of them nicely." - There was a murmur of "yes's". - "Ok, get back to work. And you two, here is your uniform. You can leave it here in your locker since it will be awkward to come here already wearing your uniform." - he led us to a room full of lockers and stopped in front of one of them.

"Um.... Well, you two will have to share a locker......" - Kibum and i looked at each other exchanging an awkward glance. - "And there is only one key............ Which one of you would like to take it?" 

I looked at Kibum. he looked back at me. Then he signed,

"Take it..... Just don't loose it." - I gave a small nod and took the key from Junsu's palm.

"Ok..... your shift is from 6pm to 12am. You come tomorrow at 5:30pm. Don't forget to fill out your forms..... Did i mention everything?..... Well, then the two of you can leave.'

"Thanx, Junsu-shi!" - I bowed slightly and kibum followed my lead.

"Call me Leeteuk.....' - leeteuk-shi smiled.

"Ok... Leeteuk-shi, goodbye....."

________________________________________________________________________

He y guys! Sorry for not updating in a while.....

This is an extremely boring chapter and it really doesn't have jongkey in it,,,, I would love to delete in but its a necessary part in the story, so bare with me.

I promise that it will get more interesting in the next chapter^^