Meet Kim Jonghyun Part 1

War of the waiters

Jonghyun's POV

I felt rays of sun hit my face followed by a pair of what seems to be jeans.

"Rise and shine princess!!" - Onew's voice sounded especially annoying in the morning. I groaned and threw off my covers and sat up lazily stretching and itching my eyes. I looked over at the electronic clock that was hanging on the wall and groaned yet again when I saw 7:14 printed in big red letters.

"What the hell Jinki? Why so early? It's saturday unless I have completely lost track of time."

Onew was my best friend. He is a lawyer. The two of us went to school together. Teh two of us wore diapers together. At the moment I was living with him but that was temporarily. He wanted to move in with his girlfriend Luna in six months and sell this apartment. I was happy for him and everything but that particular action would leave me homeless. Are you wondering why I can't buy an apartment of my own? I can't afford it. Why? I don't have a job. Why is that, Jonghyun? Cause I didn't finish college. Why? I couldn't afford it. Well, couldn't your parents afford it? Umm..... Let me think about it..... Oh, no they couldn't cause they disowned me. Why? Because I had gay friends. Great reason isn't it? They gave me a decision to make: either I leave my friends or they'll disown me. I told them that if they would disown me for such a half- reason they didn't love me. That's really it. I made my decision and they made theirs. In a way I lost more - a place to call home and money. But they lost their only child.

"Minho and Taemin wanted us to come and see their new apartment" - Jinki answered with a huge smile.

Oh, Minho and Taemin are my two gay friends. Minho went to the same school as me and Onew. He was just a year younger that us but for some odd reason we liked spending time together. Minho was mature perhaps more mature than me. I was introduced to Taemin by Minho. They met during Minho's sister's wedding where Taemin was the groom's bestman's cousin. They didn't tell me they were dating at first. I had conservative parents and they thought I would be against it. Don't blame them. But I found out anyway. It was pretty hard not to notice those simple actions between the two like their hands brushing, Taemin's blush, Minho's gaze. I was suprised at first but that is a natural reaction. Minho has always claimed to be straight and now he is buying flowers for a younger guy. Oh, yes Taemin is just 17. Minho is 20. It's not such a big I guess but Taemin is still in school. It gave more trouble to their already complicated relationship. They kept it secret from both their parents for a while. Didn't want to be disowned. I always urged them to make their relationship public because the chance that their parents would disown them is small. They listened to my advice. Their parents took it okay. Of course they were surprised but they grew to accept it. I don't know how, neither do I care my parents found out about 2min's affair. And then you know the story. Minho and Taemin kept apologising saying it was their fault but in reality it wasn't - nobody knew it would happen. Yet it did.

"They do?" - Onew chuckled at my momentary stupidity.

"Yes, they do" - I attempted to put on the jeans Jinki threw me but failed miserably at first. I heard Onew mumble something like "and you call me clumsy". I tried to put them on again and this time succeeded mentally applauding myself.

We had eggs for breakfast. We ate in silence. Onew was reading the news paper. I was still adjusting myself after the almost imponderable slumber.

We took Onew's car. Okay, that is a joke. Considering that I don't even have a car there's not much of a choice.

2min's place was ironically on the other side of Seoul. It was a way of telling us "don't bother to come and visit us cause we want to be alone". I get it, young love but come on, I was froggy's friend for a trillion and one years. It's not fair that he wants to get read of me so quickly. And now that you think about it, Onew too.

It was almost 9 when we got to a huge red brick building that gave off an expensive feel. Oh, yeah and I am sleeping on my friend's couch. I got out of the car and breathed in the suspiciously clean air. Good apartment and great environment. These brats picked a good place.

Onew motioned me to follow him. Suddenly my phone buzzed in my pocket lighting up a pretty blue in the process. I knew the ringtone by heart - it was Sekyung my girlfriend. I pressed the answer button.

"Hey, honey!"

"Hi, Jonghyun I didn't wake you up, did I?" 

"Oh, please - I am long awake." - I could hear her chuckle and smiled.

"Ok..... Listen, are you busy today?"

"Why? You miss me?" - I could hear her sign. That's never good.

"I wanted to talk with you"

"Which brings me back to the missing me problem" - She chuckled but it was a bit weaker.

"Well, then at 6 at Carlo's"

"K, love you"

"Love you too." - And the line was dead. I signed at put the phone in my pocket.

I love Sekyung, she s everything I could ever ask for. Thanks to her I am still alive. She is an actress. She doesn't play in movies but she did star in a lot of plays and musicals.

She is beautiful, gorgeous perhaps. Smart too and funny. We have been in a relationship for two years and I have never regretted my decision to ask her out. Of course we've had our fights but they were never strong enough to erase the feeling of love. And that's good. She's like a part of me - I can almost always read her mind.

So why is it that I can't figure her out now?

*************************************************************************************************************************

If you read my previous fic you are probably used to all the weird stars.

 

So anyway!!! I am so happy that Jonghyun and Sekyung broke up!!!! You can call me a bad person and that I don't support SHINee but it's not gonna change anything. I was actually happy for them when they got together - just because I don't have a love life doesn't mean that SHINee can't date either. I was just as happy as I am now for B2st 's Junhyung and KARA's Hara. But if Jjong and Shin loved each other so much they probably wouldn't have broken up. That's my opinion at least. You are free to disagree.

 

So sorry, but no mention of Key. And the next chapter won't have him either. I am really sorry but I just want to really to characterize..... well.... my characters. If you think those chapters are boring you are free to skip them but it might have some useful info.

 

Also I am sorry if I haven't thanked everyone for subscribing personally - I am a bit..... busy at the moment. But anyway thank you, all of you. I am surprised to have 21 subscribers before my first chapter and I thank you all for this wonderful feeling.

 

Okay..... End of rant.