Meeting Kim Kibum

War of the waiters

I woke up in a haze when my alarm went off. I quickly reached for the alarm clock and turned it off before its annoying peeping could drive me crazy or wake up my roommates. I lazily sat up only to find someone's arm on my waist. "Dongwoon...." - I muttered under my breath while trying really hard not to murder my best friend.... I lightly punched his arm before throwing it off and getting out of bed.  

It was insane - getting up at 6:30 on a Sunday. But I had no other choice so I dragged myself to the bathroom which had barely enough room for me alone not to mention for the FOUR of us kicking and punching each other while actually trying to brush our teeth in order not to be late for class...

I quickly put on a comfy sweater and a pair of jeans before leaving the dorm to be crashed by my "neat" roommates. 

The morning was pretty frosty. It was the middle of october all in all this year has been pretty cold.

I made my way towards the main gate of my school where Mr. Jang was peacefully taking a nap I made a small cough and she hastily opened her eyes and looked around before settling her alert eyes on me.  I smiled and as she finally understood that I was the one infront of her she calmed down and returned the smile.

"Ah, Kibum-ah..... Going out as always?" - I nodded - "You should really rest on weekends..... It's not good for a teenager to wake up so early.... I would know.... My husband...... when he ..... was in high-...... wait...... or was it junior...." - I coughed a bit. - "Oh, right, right..... I forgot to let you through...." - She chuckled a bit before opening the gate for me. I thanked her and she yelled after me not to forget to be back by 10.

There were barely any cars not to mention people in the streets so the walk to Chiyu Ma-eun hospital was peaceful and quiet.... Well not really quiet as I popped both headphones into my ears and a song by TVXQ that I knew would wake me up.

On the way I bought flowers. 7 roses. Couldn't afford more.

The hospital was quiet as well. Occasionally nurses would shuffle by but other than than there was not much commotion. I made my way to the front desk where a very pretty nurse was sorting out some documents. Once she saw me she smiled although I could see that it didn't reach her eyes which had black bags under them.

"Can I help you with anything?"

"Um.... Yeah, Can I see Kim Jiyoung." - She nodded and started searching the computer for information.

"And.... what is the phone number?"

"010-9669-7986" - She clicked on something.

"Are you.... Kim Kibum?" - I nodded - "Can I see an ID please" - I handed her my school pass and she looked at it before returning. - "Please follow me."

She led me dow the familiar hallway, past the elavator and into a room with my grandpa's name next to the door. After that she left.

I looked at my grandfather. It's been about 8 months since he has gotten into a coma because of the stupid car accident. So far doctors haven't seen any positive signs that would tell them that he will wake up. But there hasn't been any bad signs either.

 I bowed and pulled a chir over to the bed before sitting down and putting my bag down. My hand found my grandpa's and squeezed it lightly.

"Hello, grandpa.... How are you doing? I'm okay..... I guess. Got an A on a biology quiz.! And you know...... english is great as always! School is good..... in general.... Well.... Dongwoon is being a ..... I mean he was supposed to sleep on the floor today.... yet he slept with me..... Is that fair? No..... I'd kill him but.... he's pretty much the awesomest person I know....,. Well except the guy who juggles 8 knives while singing our hymn at the mall..... Speaking of the mall..... I got a job at the pizzaria.... You know, the one at the mall.... The boss is an ..... The customers occasionally reek of alcohol. But..... I am managing..... I guess." - I stopped an looked at my grandfather - "Wish you were here...... Cause I miss you so very much."

I stood up and put the flowers I bought into the vase on the table next to the bed. The old ones were already gone so a nurse probably threw them away.

"Goodbye.... I'll be back later" - I therw one last glance on the sleeping figure of my grandpa and left.

********************************************************************************************************************************************************************

9:00 am. And no excuses. Or you're fired. That's the motto of the pizzaria I was working at. The boss was a monster and could fire anyone for no apparent reason. Also his wife divorced him not long ago. Go figure.

The customers weren't highclass obviously but I still expected them to be better.... You know..... manners and stuff. Last week a guy grabbed my . He was drunk like hell not to mention old. The only thing that stopped me from killing him right there and then was a phone call I received from Dongwoon about his parents divorcing. Maybe it was for the better. I was fired from every single restaurant in Seoul for either swearing at or punching a customer. Although for a diference I once hit my boss. That was something new.

I seated a customer by the window and gave him the menu. He stared at it for a while before putting it down and ordering a Hawaiian pizza plus a diet soda. I nodded at told our chef the order.

I hated working here. I did. And I hated working at the previous place. Basically so far I hated every place I worked at. Dongwoon suggested quiting and finding a NORMAL job but.... I still have school to attend so I rejected all options.

Oh, by the way Dongwoon is my best friend. Probably. A bit clingny and annoying but funny as hell and easy to talk to. Also he is kinda tall and tries to act cute sometimes..... It doesn't work..... Usually.... Dongwoon pisses me off have of the time. The other half I am laughing like there is no tomorrow. We have a strange relationship. But I love him so that's why we are roommates.

My other two roommates are Mir and Jinwoon. I have no clue what is Mir's real name. He never told us - said it was "too embarassing". Ignoring his mysterious identity he's a fun guy that doesn't care what people think about him. Jinwoon is a smiley big fella who can pick me up as if I am a feather. Which is not true especially lately that I have been gaining weight. Hm.... Gotta make a mental note to myself to lay off the sweets....

A customer waved his hand lazily for me to come. I got off the counter and made my way to his table. Once i was there he handed me a camera. I looked at it and raised an eyebrow.

"Sweetie" - the man slurred -"Would you mind taking a picture of your pretty little ?" - And I snapped.

.....

"What wre you thinking?!?" - My boss yelled at me. All the other staff was staring at us - expecting a show.

"When?" - I calmly asked.

"When you punched a customer's face???" 

"I was thinking that he is a - why?" - My boss' face grew red. And he snapped.

***********************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Yep - fired again. I was walking aimlessly through the city trying to find something to do. I knew that Dongwoon would tease me about my yet another failure so going back to the dorm wasn't an option. It was 7 and I could still kill 2 hours. My feet song ago turned to the part of Seoul I have never been to so I was practicaly lost.

Compared to th morning, the streets were packed with people - talking, eating, kissing.....

My stomach rumbled and I looked around for any signs of food.

That's when I saw it - "The Palace".  This was the best restaurant in town.... I mean Seoul. My parents used to come here for their anniversaries.

I made my way to it fully knowing I couldn't even afford the cheapest salad there. But that's not what I wanted to do. I looked at the stand next to the netarance only to hit the jackpot. HIRING a WAITER. I smiled and made my way inside.

Expecting either to not hired or fired for punching yet another customer, I didn't know what as awaiting me in the future

************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Hello, I am sorry for not updating....... That's really all I have to say