Chapter 6

Between friendship and relationship (HIATUS)

--------------Sunny’s POV------------

It has been a few days since the last time I talk to Sungmin oppa. He has been texting me since he confessed, waiting for my answer. I’ve been avoiding him this few days even at school because I’m not ready to talk him yet. Yoona still know nothing about the confession. I thought that it would be better if she don’t find out about this matter. She still hangs out with Sungmin oppa sometimes but when she does, I will not join them. I’ll make an excuse and hang out with the girls’ generation instead.

I didn’t go to school today and decided to pack my stuff since I’ll be going to Canada in just a few days. As I was packing in my room, there’s a vibrate on my phone. I took it out from my pocket and took a quick glance. It was a text from Sungmin oppa.

From Sungmin oppa 11:11;                                                                                                                                                            Why didn’t you come to school today? Stop avoiding me. You realize that trying to keep your distance from me will not lessen my affection for you right?

I stop what I was doing and stare blankly at the text. My heart is pounding so fast and suddenly tears come out. I’m lost and confused. I don’t know what I should do. It took me a few minutes to decide that it is no use to keep avoiding him. I take my courage and reply his text for the first time in few days.

To Sungmin oppa 11:21;                                                                                                                                I’m sorry for avoiding you this few days. I don’t think I can accept your confession. We should just remain as friend. It will be the best for all of us. Besides, I’m going to Canada in just a few days. I hope you understand oppa.

I hit the send button and wait patiently for a reply. 5 minutes passed but still no reply. I continued to pack my stuff. Without realizing, it is 3 o'clock already but still there's no reply. Feeling hungry, I went to a fastfood restaurant nearby to buy some food. I was waiting for my food when I saw familiar face next to me. 

"Hi!", Sungmin oppa said when I turned my face to him.

"Hi", I said awkwardly. My hearts leap to my mouth. It is beating so fast. My legs feel like a jelly and I feel like tears will come out.

"Can I talk to you for a second?" He asked me. I nod and we went to sit in the corner of the restaurant where no one can see us. I sit down with my face facing the floor. I'm afraid that I might cry if I see his face. It just hurts so much.

"Hey, look at me." He says with a smile.
I look at him trying to fake a smile.

"I'm so sorry I can't accept you Oppa. It just seem impossible. I mean like....we will be far from each other and you will get busy when you debut. Besides, I don't want to hurt Yoona's feeling. I told you already." I let out what've been bothering me.

"First of all, I know that we will be far  apart and I will get busy. But we can always find time to communicate with each other. We can also meet up if I have a holiday. And secondly, I told you about Yoona. We will slowly explain to her. She will understand sooner or late. Believe me." There's a frustation in his voice.

I stayed quiet for a minute or two. "But still.....I can't give up on my friendship. Yoona is too precious for me."

"So do you think hurting me and yourself is better than hurting Yoona? Besides you're also hurting Yoona by lying to her about your feeling!"

Words fail me. I don't have an answer to that statement. My eyes tried to contain the tears I've been holding. I stayed quiet. Sungmin suddenly shift his seat beside me. He wiped my tears using both of his thumb.

"Don't cry. I don't want to make you sad." He said so softly that it sounded like a whisper.

I looked at him in his eyes and saw his sincerity. I unconciously hugged him and hold him tight. I don't want to let go. Tears burst from my eyes once again.

"I'm sorry Oppa. I don't mean to hurt you. I'm just lost and confused." I whisper.

"I know. Just don't cry anymore. I don't want to make you sad. Take everything slowly and don't overthink. Everythin will be alright if it's meant to be."

His words makes me calm. I release him from my hug and smile genuinely for the first time in a long time.

"Sorry for hugging you suddeny." I said.

"I don't mind." He said smiling widely.

He take my hand and lead me out of the restaurant.

"Where are we going?" I said.

"Surprise!" He said making me more curios.

We walk for a few block while holding hands. We stopped at a basketball court. I had my mouth wide opened when I saw the court. Girls' Generation and his friends are standing Together creating a heart shape. He lead me inside the heart and kneel infront of me. I saw my surrounding and realise that Yoona was also there smiling towards me! I am confused. I don't understand. I thought she would be angry seeing the guy she liked kneeling in front of her bestfriend.

"Sunny-ya....you know how I feel about you....now that everyone is here including Yoona allowing us to love each other, will you take me as your man?"

"YES!" I said without thinking. I cried and hugged him so tight. Everyone clapped and scream "kiss him!!!"
I let go the hug and see him in the eye, smiling widely like an idiot.

He holds my face with both of his hand and kiss me. His lips on my lips, it feels weird but sweet. It was my first kiss. I was so happy that day. On the way home, he explained everything that had happened. Turns out he plans everything with Yoona. Sungmin oppa told Yoona everything and thankfully she said that she had already have another crush which is my brother.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Really sorry for the long wait!!! Got so many homeworks and test at the same time :( Anyway, enjoy!!!! :)